Man, there are ALOT of Piper exclusives for sale. Do you really think only 1,000? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Man, there are ALOT of Piper exclusives for sale. Do you really think only 1,000?

The Amazing Mutato
09-29-2007, 05:22 AM
I have just checked ebay. It seems that there are alot of Piper exclusives for sale. 45 have sold since Friday, and over 50 are currently listed. I know that's still less than 100 figures, but it is only Satruday Morning. Do you really think that this figure is limited to 1,000? I am just curious, because I don't want to spend $60.00 on a figure and it be NOT limited.

What do you guys think?

Blayloxzuess
09-29-2007, 05:43 AM
That sounds about right. I wouldn't be surprised either way. The only reason I would question it at all is the whole 2002 Fuchsia Bagged Crimson Strike Team sets that were limited to 250 sets (supposedly).

seaslug
09-29-2007, 06:46 AM
I must admit I have bought one for myself and one as a gift for a freind off ebay today. It killed me to do it, but I lost out on the gold head PDD because I thought there would be more than enough to go around. Worst part is I don't think the figure looks that good I just want to be complete with the 25th aniversary line. If it is limited to only 1000, once the convention is over people will be paying way more than 60 bucks. I know there is buzz with wrestling collectors about this figure even though there wasn't any buzz over the convention slaughter. Piper is very popular among wrestling fans.

Syna3sthesia
09-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Honestly is a fig I can live without!

flywheels
09-29-2007, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't mind having one to keep MOSC since I'm doing that w/ all the Cobra figures...but even @ $45 that's more then I would like to spend on a less than attractive figure.

Shogi
09-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Worst part is I don't think the figure looks that good I just want to be complete with the 25th aniversary line.

Hate to break it to ya man but you do realise that The Piper figure ISN'T 25th anniversary sculpt or part of the line, right? Or did you mean you just wanted to get everything released during this year, the 25th anniversary of GI Joe?

Jay West
09-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Hate to break it to ya man but you do realise that The Piper figure ISN'T 25th anniversary sculpt or part of the line, right? Or did you mean you just wanted to get everything released during this year, the 25th anniversary of GI Joe?

Actually it does have the 25th logo on it. Just like the carded figures in the store.

Shogi
09-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Actually it does have the 25th logo on it. Just like the carded figures in the store.

I haven't really looked too closely at the cardback, but now seeing it I suppose the cardback would fall into the 25th line (still say the tablecloth wearing figure doesn't though :D )

Patrick A. Riley
09-29-2007, 03:48 PM
I love Piper and I love wrestling, but just like last year's Slaughter fig, I'm passing

seaslug
09-29-2007, 04:24 PM

I actually agree it's not a 25th quality figure. It is more like a VvsV sculpt with good paint aps. I'm not even that big of a fan of the 25th aniversary sculpts. Some of them are kind of cool and I'm happy to see joes selling again, but I buy them for the card art. To me thats the big selling point with these.I am a collector that beleives to much articulation makes the figure look bad. They look terrible with even my spytroops figures. I also dont understand why hasbro doesn't give collectors exactly what they want. I began collecting joes again about 2 years ago yet again. I have limited my collecting to only joes because the line is big enough and interesting enough that I can collect this line for the rest of my life and not be bored. I buy new stuff,but overall I buy vintage and foreign. I support the line and want to be complete for the cards not the figures. I honestly dont even understand hasbro. They drove me away from star wars collecting with there product failure. I only will buy SW figures to scalp them. Sure I bought some con stuff this week I will buy wave 2 and beyond, but hasbro is not getting that much of my money because they say I am not the one who buys there product. They say kids do.I will admit I was a sucker on con items this week but hasbro got spare change from me this week. I was very lucky to have come into some expendible money and someone who's wife made them sell there collection.I did not buy any SW product this month and only bought 1 25th aniversary officer. I did however get a USS Flagg missing less than 10 pieces. A defiant missing about 10 pieces that is whiter than white and the crank still works. It came with about 100 figures and another 10 vehicles. Sure I got suckred this week, but it's piper as an IG no less.I've spent more money on collecting this month than I ever have before in such a short period of time. Its nice that I can thank god that the dealers who may be shady (but are the small guy in the USA)got my money when I was in a fortunate situation,and hasbro made less than 75 cents. I know my rant is way off topic but I've been dinking so I hope you can all forgive me.Thanks Hasbro

Static
09-29-2007, 06:48 PM
I have been emailing a friend of mine at the Con and this morning he told me that they ran out. So... you probably lucked out.

Syna3sthesia
09-29-2007, 07:55 PM
From the pics they have available online, it took me a while to recognize Piper. Incredible what aging does to you.

Patrick A. Riley
09-29-2007, 08:01 PM
From the pics they have available online, it took me a while to recognize Piper. Incredible what aging does to you.
Not to mention cancer

Big Boa's punching bag 26
09-29-2007, 08:33 PM
I guess I should've picked up 2 of these so I could've made a quick profit.

cobraferret
09-29-2007, 08:43 PM
(still say the tablecloth wearing figure doesn't though :D )
but he will consume the english with lightning bolts from his eyes:D

ThMick
09-30-2007, 04:04 AM
I have been emailing a friend of mine at the Con and this morning he told me that they ran out. So... you probably lucked out.

They were gone by Noon Saturday.

Volleydan
09-30-2007, 09:41 AM
The reason for there being so many on EBay has nothing to do with the number produced. It appears that many of the convention goers picked up one (or more) of these with the express purpose of trying to turn them around at a 150% profit. Just search EBay for "2007 convention" and see all the stuff that's there - and the prices :eek:

For a community that complains about scalpers all the time, some of us sure can act like scalpers ourselves when it's convention time.....