The 25th Anniversary Snow Job May Be The Sweetest Ever [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : The 25th Anniversary Snow Job May Be The Sweetest Ever

Shipwreck"n"polly
09-30-2007, 05:09 PM
There is no way they could have gotten that kind of detail out of the old style joes. The standard in joe action figures just went through the roof in my book, the length to which they can go with accessories with the new sculpt figures is endless. This is definitely a better figure than the original snow job. I also feel the blade destro figure is exquisite. Way to go hasbro!!!!! Can't wait to see this new style really take off it is waaaaaay better than VvV, spy troops, or Dtc, they finally have created a new figure style that will rival the original arah in every way and in some ways surpass it.

snakeyes26
09-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Against all sentiments, I have to agree with you sir ;)

Flophouse
09-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Got to agree. I think the 25th figures are better than all others.
I would put them in this order, from best to worst...

1) 25th Ann.
2) ARAH
3) DTC
4) VvV / Spy Troops are tied
5) What is that stench....? Oh, it 's the t-crotch figures.

TheReverend
09-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Got to agree. I think the 25th figures are better than all others.
I would put them in this order, from best to worst...

1) 25th Ann.
2) ARAH
3) DTC
I agree tottaly with the above order.

In my opinion the 25th aniv figures have topped the originals, (which I still love), and it's only getting better -- I am just so impressed with what they are doing with the 25ths.

DTC had some high points, and VvsV / Spy Troops didn't do much for me, for the most part (there are a couple figures I like but not many)....t-crotches never even hit my radar, I deny they exsit, and I'm stickin with that ;)

And on topic, I am tottaly so suprised how much I like Snow Job, I've never been much for artic troops. So I was sort of "meh" when I heard he was goign to be released. But I am meh no more, with the removable hood, and the goggles, and all the details, he just rocks.

God I love Hasbro right now :D

GBPackRat
09-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Personally nothing can ever beat ARAH for me, but I must say I am enjoying the 25th anv. figures an awful lot more than I thought I would...

After years of struggling to get it right after we lost ARAH, I think Hasbro has finally hit its stride again.

Tanner

code red shockwave
09-30-2007, 09:01 PM
I have only one problem that confuses me at this point. After you remove the hood, it reminds me of Battle Corps Frostbite. I don't know whether to think of him as Frostbite or Snow Job.

Dean
09-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Yea, pretty soon we won't pose these figures, they'll pose themselves, and take-over our bookshelves, one house at a time. Or, basically, Small Soldiers the movie, with joes... nevermind, this lost it's charm...

Flophouse
10-01-2007, 12:27 AM
I don't know whether to think of him as Frostbite or Snow Job.

I agree. His beard should be more "Eric the Viking" red, and not a muted red/brown. Hasbro, is you're listening, give us the original color beard. This is also why I thought the DTC Outback looked more like Jesus if he had fought in the WWF. That figure should have had red hair too. And if they make it a strong red color, they can then later reuse the head and parts of the mold to make a Frostbite figure with a black beard.

Shadow_Contact
10-01-2007, 02:30 AM
1) 25th Ann.
2) ARAH
3) DTC

Hmmmm.. Only ones I didnt care for that much were the T-Crotch. Spytroops would have worked with every series if they didnt end up being giants. I mean put the spytroops flint or shipwreck next to any other joes and the would be 7 feet tall

Jack
10-01-2007, 09:52 AM
All of those wave 4 figures look to be some of the best Joe figures ever IMO. SJ, the CG, and Flash especially. Flash should look even better when they finish the pad detailing. Destro will look better with his cape. Hopefully the figures keep getting better.

ceraurus
10-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Snow Job was always one of my favorite Joes and this version looks outstanding - and I agree that the 25th line is the best looking.

Colonel Abernathy
10-02-2007, 07:04 AM
These are the Joes I had as a kid:

1982 - Short-Fuze and FLAK
1983 - Snow Job
1984 - Deep Six w/SHARC
1985 - Crankcase w/AWE Striker

I think it's awesome that over half of this stuff is getting "25th-ed" already! Snow Job was one of my favourites!