Comic Pack Question [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Comic Pack Question

Syna3sthesia
10-01-2007, 06:54 AM
This is not regarding the upcoming comic packs.

I started collecting about a year ago and I would like to know why some comic packs are so hard to find as well as expensive.

I'm referring to the ones containing Cover Girl and Daina. I got the one for Cover Girl at a price that now seems way cheap than what is going for.

Also were all of the comic packs sold at TRU?

Facemeat
10-01-2007, 07:13 AM
I only started collecting again a couple months ago, but I do know that these were online exclusives and were not sold in stores. They were also made in more limited quantity than the TRU comic packs, making for higher prices now.

samluvsjoes
10-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Well, actually, the one with Daina was available in stores, but it had two strikes against it:
1. It featured the Oktober Guard, who have always been popular but never had most of the characters made.
2. They were made near the end of the last (semi-)massive retailer support of Joe before the 25th Anniversary stuff, and thus were very difficult to find.

The one with Cover Girl was readily available online however, so I'm not sure why the high cost on them. Maybe it's because they are harder to find now.
Sam

green firefly
10-01-2007, 07:50 AM
I've noticed a few things over time.

1) Even though an item may have been easy to get a year or two ago, you may have to pay a lot for it now because there's just no place to find them.

2) Sometimes there is a "rush" on something because people are afraid that it will be even harder to find later, or that the price will go up even more.

3) If you want something, buy it at retail and don't assume you'll eventually buy it in a mark down bin or find it cheap on Ebay.

jetski333
10-01-2007, 03:55 PM
The comic pack w/ Cover Girl (I think it was called the Fan's Choice) was sold in TRU at the same time as the comic pack w/ SS, SE & Stalker in Vietnam attire/gear. Same price as the comic packs now @ $11.99 or even cheaper @ $9.99. I should have bought more than 1 then.

Syna3sthesia
10-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the info guys!