Acquiring Doc [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Acquiring Doc

karamazov80
10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Does anyone know, precisely, what hoops we will have to jump through to get the new 25th anniversary Doc? I haven't seen anyone lay this out yet. I assume that at least an insert or a bar code from one of the two-packs will be required, but apart from that, will additional bar codes from the existing 25th line single pack, two pack, and five pack figures be required as well? What of only specific bar codes from the two-packs? Just one bar code and a fee? I've seen the backs of the two packs with this information presumably listed on another forum page, but the text was too small to read.

Does anyone here know anything? I would rather not buy more repaints of Snake Eyes, Duke, etc. (though I am definitely getting that Hawk), but for the greater good of Doc, well. . .we do what we must.

skinny
10-01-2007, 02:25 PM
All that Hasbro said at the con was that there would be something inside the packages of figures and details were to come later

GrenadierStinny
10-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm guessing they'll do it like they did the Star Wars George Lucus Stormtrooper figure.

They put a coupon in each figure from a certain wave, and once you had all the coupons, you mailed them in to get the Lucus figure.

They'll probably do something similar here.

karamazov80
10-01-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm guessing they'll do it like they did the Star Wars George Lucus Stormtrooper figure.

They put a coupon in each figure from a certain wave, and once you had all the coupons, you mailed them in to get the Lucus figure.

They'll probably do something similar here.

If by "certain wave" you are implying the 2-packs, then THAT, is bummersville :(

Oh well, I'm sure my 5 year old nephew won't mind getting some almost new figures for his birthday next year.

Makes me think of something else, though. . .if that is the track taken, then how many scumbags will take the coupons out either without buying the toys, or by buying them, taking them out, and returning them, so that other collectors won't have the option to get Doc that way? I think, if that is Hasbro's ultimate strategy, then using the bar code as a coupon would make a heck of a lot more sense (you can't return a toy without a UPC, and cutting out UPCs in a store might attract more attention than simply sliding the plastic off and taking out the insert).

Recondo76
10-01-2007, 03:03 PM
i read on another board that it was 6 Comic Pack UPC's...but also that they had made a "spot decision" at the panel over the weekend to accept Battle Points.
Personally i think it'll work like it's always worked...we'll just send in UPC's from everything...but again...that's my opinion.
i don't see how they could expect us all to buy 2 of every comic pack in wave one...just for one mail away figure.

Dakemesh
10-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Let's hope they don't do it like the George Lucas Trooper fiasco - or rather if they do, it's like the second round, where you can send in ANY PoP's and not have to find one of each. That would make the most sense.

JakeEDangerously
10-01-2007, 07:19 PM
This whole thing seems lots more complicated then it should be. I'm not fond of the whole buying repaints of figures we've already got just to get a new figure. Chances are I'll end up getting Doc the way I've gotten every 25th figure I have so far, ebay.

GrenadierStinny
10-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Another questions is: after we jump through the hoops Hasbros requires in order to get Doc-- will they put him out in a carded wave (with a slight repaint) later in 08'?

Would Hasbro do that....? Hmmmmmmmm...........

karamazov80
10-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Another questions is: after we jump through the hoops Hasbros requires in order to get Doc-- will they put him out in a carded wave (with a slight repaint) later in 08'?

Would Hasbro do that....? Hmmmmmmmm...........

As far as I know, you don't typically see mail-ins released in stores, but if there is a profit to be made. . .

Now, I wouldn't be that surprised to see him pop up on Hasbrotoyshop at some point, going for 6 dollars, just to annoy the people that spent so much time and money to get him the hard way.

Deadman2099
10-01-2007, 10:58 PM
I don't know how the mail in will work, but I'm going to get him :P as soon as I find the figures in a store... hmmmmmmmmmm

I remember when we (my brother and I) got the original Doc, it was on a vacation trip to Georgia. We got Airborne, Gung-Ho, Snow Job, and Doc... fun times

It's also cool to see that he has a pistol too.

Deadshot
10-02-2007, 12:11 AM
The pistol he has is actually a flare gun. It looked to me like a scaled down 12" acc really.

Deadman2099
10-02-2007, 02:40 PM
The pistol he has is actually a flare gun. It looked to me like a scaled down 12" acc really.

funky, i always thought the thing with the strap was a flare launcher or something. dunno why he would have both. but ehh either way you can probablly shoot that flare into somebody's guts :P

karamazov80
10-02-2007, 03:15 PM
but ehh either way you can probablly shoot that flare into somebody's guts :P
So that could essentially work like a colorful rubber bullet. . .

Taichiro
10-02-2007, 04:03 PM
or maybe so that the helicopter that's transporting wounded from the battlefield can find him?

Dakemesh
10-02-2007, 04:22 PM
As far as I know, you don't typically see mail-ins released in stores, but if there is a profit to be made. . .

Now, I wouldn't be that surprised to see him pop up on Hasbrotoyshop at some point, going for 6 dollars, just to annoy the people that spent so much time and money to get him the hard way.

Well, they've never released the Lucas Stormtrooper for sale any other way (and according to the Q & A's they will not), so that shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, Doc appears to be a kitbash anyway (looks like Duke's torso, arms, crotch and upper thighs, with maybe Shipwreck's lower legs - though less of a bell bottom I think)with a new head, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the body a third time at some point, but probably not as Doc.

karamazov80
10-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Well, they've never released the Lucas Stormtrooper for sale any other way (and according to the Q & A's they will not), so that shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, Doc appears to be a kitbash anyway (looks like Duke's torso, arms, crotch and upper thighs, with maybe Shipwreck's lower legs - though less of a bell bottom I think)with a new head, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the body a third time at some point, but probably not as Doc.

Oh, there is nothing new under the sun. . .especially where these 25th figures are concerned.