Wave 2 at hasbrotoyshop.com [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Wave 2 at hasbrotoyshop.com

Exz
10-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Title says it all. Don't forget the promo code from here --> http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=51058

Just used it, it is good.

Jay West
10-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Yep just finished out my Wave 2 with Serpentor, LJ and Cobra Trooper for $13.47 shipped!

karamazov80
10-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Happy days! And man, that promo is even better than the ten dollars off 50 dollars spent deal they had a few months ago.

And of course, the Cobra Trooper sold out in about 10 seconds :rolleyes:

Jay West
10-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah it's good. It works out to about $4.50 shipped a figure.

flywheels
10-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Missed out on the Cobra troop builder, but got the rest plus a few extra Cobras to keep MOC!

TheReverend
10-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up! this is great i just got 3 figures...nice and cheap. Sadly I wasn't in time for a couple cobra troopers, they are out of stock :(

roboticplanet
10-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Drats! Cobra Trooper is sold out. Got the four Wave 2 figures for $19.47 after the promo code. Thanks for the heads-up!

Jay West
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Missed out on the Cobra troop builder, but got the rest plus a few extra Cobras to keep MOC!

As cheap as those were I bet some people were buying a ton of them. Looks like e-bay is about to get flooded with Cobra Troopers. :rolleyes:

quintonarledge
10-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I picked up all of Wave 2 and an extra Cobra Trooper at Target yesterday for $36.00! I got an extra Buzzer, Serpy, BeachHead and Lady Jaye for $18.00 from HTS.com w/ the promo code. I wish I would have known about this sale ahead of time and I would have saved a few more bucks and saved a LOT of time and gas from driving around all over the place looking for the figures in stores!

UCJoe
10-01-2007, 02:00 PM
CRAP! Why do I keep missing the good stuff! I leave for a couple hours, come back to find that they have wave 2 online and some troopers for sale, and they (troopers) are all gone....bummer

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Syna3sthesia
10-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Man...I'm so late they only have Lady Jaye...Grrrr

GrenadierStinny
10-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Right now, only Lady Jaye is left...

I'm still in awe at how hard these things are to get. I miss the old days of Toys R Us having peg after peg of nothing but carded Joes. Now all I see are empty pegs at Target, Wal-Mart, TRU-- all with the 25th carded sticker-- but no figures.

You would think that at least Hasbro would be able to keep some in stock for a week or two! They even ran out at the convention over the weekend on Friday-- before the show even opened!

This is just frustrating... I hope most of us don't have to keep paying doulbe to tripple the prices on e-bay. It would be nice if Hasbro pumped up the production to meet the demand. To at least keep a few figures on the pegs.

I love these figures. They're just too damn cool-- and something I'd been hoping (dreaming?) Hasbro would do for years! I'd just like to be able to actually find them!

Congrats to those of you who were able to get them at the Hasbro shop-- and thanks for the 'head's up'.

Syna3sthesia
10-01-2007, 02:25 PM
She is gone too....

karamazov80
10-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Dang. . .it always seems so unfair when supply is so low on these high demand items, and those of us who just so happen to check out the forums at the right precise time get figures while others just don't.

However, as anyone who has dealt with Hasbrotoyshop knows, those who missed out might do well keep an eye out on their web site. Even over the course of the day or the next few days, new stock might magically appear back "in stock" for some strange reason (cancelled orders, new shipments, who knows?), and then disappear again within minutes, only to reappear again minutes, hours, or days later. . .

Joebern28
10-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Wow! I just got my last needed figure from Wave 1! Thats great for all you guys that got wave 2 on the way.
Does anyone know when the wave two preorders will ship, or has anyone received a preordered wave 2 yet? I went the preorder route on this one, they are just way too hard to find in stores around me. Thanks for any input!

rnrhero
10-01-2007, 02:36 PM
I just stepped out for lunch. What the crap?

UCJoe
10-01-2007, 02:37 PM
...Hmmm all sold out now. That was fast!

Yeah, I am hoping that more stock will become available. I believe that happened before with the first wave, and the PDD. Hopefully then I can grab another BH and a few troopers.

**sitting at PC constantly refreshing the Hasbrotoyshop 25th GI Joe page..
(JUST KIDDING)lol

Jay West
10-01-2007, 02:43 PM
...Hmmm all sold out now. That was fast!

Yeah, I am hoping that more stock will become available. I believe that happened before with the first wave, and the PDD. Hopefully then I can grab another BH and a few troopers.

**sitting at PC constantly refreshing the Hasbrotoyshop 25th GI Joe page..
(JUST KIDDING)lol

Actually...that is kinda what I do. Ever since I just happened to notice that they had taken down the RAH links a few weeks back, I put them in my favorites and zip by there periodically at work. I figured by removing the RAH links that new stuff was coming and it did.

karamazov80
10-01-2007, 02:53 PM
As a side note, I'm sure some of you will disagree with me, but I really wish that Hasbro would put a limit of one item per person on these "hot" figures (and not just one per order, b/c the current code gives free shipping, so that would be pointless). I even feel bad b/c I ordered 2 Beachheads. I ordered 2 because I really like him, but that's one Beachhead someone else couldn't get, and they could easily have sold all of them by having a limit of one per person. I've seen them limiting Transformers before, so I know that they do it. I guarantee that that's why the Cobras went so fast (not that I care about the whole army building business). There may not have even been a limit, so someone could have ordered 100 or more, and then what happens? Everyone else goes hungry!

This is why authorities exist! To restrain our base instincts and curb our anarchic natures!;)

Seriously, though. Limits, HTS, limits. Don't you know that moderation is good for us all.

Derek2783
10-01-2007, 02:56 PM
yeah everything is sold out. Anyone pick up an extra set and want to help a guy out?

Recondo76
10-01-2007, 02:59 PM
maybe i'm an idiot...but what's the promo code?
somehow i missed that one.

Exz
10-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Here is the code.

25% Off: 25FALL

jetski333
10-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Just checked HTS of course everything is now sold out. I still don't have any of the single packs so if a kind soul is willing to help a fellow collector, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

samluvsjoes
10-01-2007, 03:53 PM
:( Every single one is sold out, thus making it once more impossible for me to get some.
I just hope that these were bought by collectors, fans, and children and not those (insert highly offensive but apt expletive here) scalpers.
Sam

Grunt
10-01-2007, 03:59 PM
I just stepped out for lunch. What the crap?
Same here, only I was off today and went out to mow the lawn. I even had the page as my home page and still missed it. I knew this would happen, i just figured it would happen while I slept. Oh well! I feel like Locke on LOST and his slavery to punching the #'s in. Only with me it is the refresh button.

Chuckles32
10-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I continue to find it hard to get excited about the 25th anniversary figures until I can actually buy more than the first two five packs, plus the Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow that tend to last longest. Otherwise, after hitting nearly 20 walmarts and other stores on the way from KC to the con, and them selling out in the line at the con before I got up there, well, can't feel too whippy about it.

Recondo76
10-01-2007, 04:55 PM
i wouldn't lose hope guys...i have a feeling that by the end of the year we'll all be swimming in them...

...or maybe that's just my hopeless dream.

sidiously darth
10-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I was on there earlier when Serpentor, Beachhead and Buzzer appeared. It was later when I checked again that I saw the Cobra Trooper was sold out. I must have missed seeing him come on by seconds.

Lucid Enigma
10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Was there ANY limit on the number of each figure that could be ordered? When I heard about the 25% off code a few days ago, I ordered the Cobra 5 pack and one of the Star Wars AOTC clone trooper officers. I was playing around with the quantity of each to see how many they had in stock, and found I could only order one of the 25th anniversary Cobra 5 packs. I figured that either they had a 1 per person limit or only had one in stock. I would be curious to see how many of any one wave 2 figure anyone here successfully ordered earlier today.

As a side note, I'm sure some of you will disagree with me, but I really wish that Hasbro would put a limit of one item per person on these "hot" figures (and not just one per order, b/c the current code gives free shipping, so that would be pointless). I even feel bad b/c I ordered 2 Beachheads. I ordered 2 because I really like him, but that's one Beachhead someone else couldn't get, and they could easily have sold all of them by having a limit of one per person. I've seen them limiting Transformers before, so I know that they do it. I guarantee that that's why the Cobras went so fast (not that I care about the whole army building business). There may not have even been a limit, so someone could have ordered 100 or more, and then what happens? Everyone else goes hungry!

This is why authorities exist! To restrain our base instincts and curb our anarchic natures!;)

Seriously, though. Limits, HTS, limits. Don't you know that moderation is good for us all.

firefly owns you
10-01-2007, 06:07 PM
do people just sit at their computer and refresh hts all day until this new stuff is listed?

all i want is snake eyes and beachhead but apart from seeing the 5 packs at walmart almost 2 1/2 months ago i have yet to see any single carded figures.

theres not even designated space for them anywhere here.

i am getting extremely fustrated. i shouldnt have to resort to spending more than the cost on ebay, but if i must.

:(

Derek2783
10-01-2007, 06:29 PM
I got a Snake-Eyes for you at cost, $6+s/h, Firefly... I can prob ship for $1.50, loose.

Jay West
10-01-2007, 06:45 PM
do people just sit at their computer and refresh hts all day until this new stuff is listed?

all i want is snake eyes and beachhead but apart from seeing the 5 packs at walmart almost 2 1/2 months ago i have yet to see any single carded figures.

theres not even designated space for them anywhere here.

i am getting extremely fustrated. i shouldnt have to resort to spending more than the cost on ebay, but if i must.

:(

I have actually been quite lucky on ebay getting 25th for just a couple bucks over retail. You might want to try and see what happens.

mdp1212
10-01-2007, 07:05 PM
I have had it! I can not find wave 2 anywhere and wave one was hard to find if Hasbro doesn't start shipping more figures then I am going to give up this is starting to P*ss me off

rnrhero
10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Hasbro said this weekend that there would be more Wave 1 shipped out to go with wave 2 and 3. We just have to be patient. They did not make enough to begin with because initial orders were very small from the Brick and Morters. Now that tons of reorders have been issued they are having to make more. It does take time but they told me that more would be shipped. Also, wave 2 is just hitting. There will be more but it is not in wide distrubition across the country yet. I want my cobra trooper so bad it almost hurts. But I will wait and will get the 10 or so that I think I need.

karamazov80
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM

Though I doubt that anyone refreshes HTS all day (though some people might, who knows?), a lot of people here probably check once or a few times everyday (I probably check once every few days). As such, given that people check at irregular times and intervals from one another, due to random chance, someone here is bound to find out, within a number of minutes, when new toys are listed. Then, after they place an order or two for themselves (;)), they will often kindly list that information to help out their fellow collectors, such as the good Exz. . .or maybe they just find out from another forum. . .

And regarding the Beachhead, I've got two coming, so check out my want list (link attached below), and if you've got something I want, maybe we can work something out when he arrives.:)

--related to that, all may note that I have 2 25th Cobra officers up for potential trade--

SLG
10-01-2007, 08:56 PM
I have had it! I can not find wave 2 anywhere and wave one was hard to find if Hasbro doesn't start shipping more figures then I am going to give up this is starting to P*ss me off

Hey man, I am in west chester PA and I just got all of wave 2 a few days ago. So if they are starting to show up around here they are most likely starting to hit DE. Don't give up hope yet!

Exz
10-01-2007, 10:23 PM
So far I have gotten lucky with the 25th's. I caught the stores when the first wave hit, and just sat down from lunch when I saw the wave 2 on Hasbrotoyshop today. I know how it feels to just miss out on them when they are releasing, but like others have said, wait a bit they will have more out. I have Ebayed a few and then found them for cheaper a month or so later. I will keep an eye out and post if I see them again.

GrenadierStinny
10-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Hasbro said this weekend that there would be more Wave 1 shipped out to go with wave 2 and 3. And the Hasbro rep my friend talked to told him that there will be no more of wave 1 shiiping. That what ever has made it to stores is all we're going to see. With these two conflicting stories, it makes me wonder if any Hasbro rep knows what they're talking about-- and if we'll ever get the straight story.

My guess was that Hasbro would flood the store with waves 1-3 during the holidays before wave 4 (minus the "bonus" wave) hit in 08'. The rep my friend spoke to said not to expect anything like that. That once a new wave came out-- the old ones were done being produced and not to expect to see more of them at retail.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

rnrhero
10-01-2007, 11:00 PM
And the Hasbro rep my friend talked to told him that there will be no more of wave 1 shiiping. That what ever has made it to stores is all we're going to see. With these two conflicting stories, it makes me wonder if any Hasbro rep knows what they're talking about-- and if we'll ever get the straight story.

My guess was that Hasbro would flood the store with waves 1-3 during the holidays before wave 4 (minus the "bonus" wave) hit in 08'. The rep my friend spoke to said not to expect anything like that. That once a new wave came out-- the old ones were done being produced and not to expect to see more of them at retail.

Your probably right. Hasbro will continue to lie, cheat, steal, and **** off everyone. If I worked for Hasbro and read all the negativity on this board, I would stop the line all together. All I have to go on is what The head of the GI Joe Brand at Hasbro told me in person both before and after the show. He said that they do read the boards, they do know what the "FEW HARDCORE COLLECTORS" ie. us, want and will do there best to get it out as they can. The Brick and Morter stores underordering the first wave is what is making it so hard to get the figures we all want. I want more to. But I dont get ****ed about it or take it personally. Alot of people on this board do take it personally and its not healthy. Some of the Hasbro Reps at the show were not very informed. They were only there to pass out free stuff and put a face to hasbro. Only two of them really had any clue as to what is coming out. The Head Guy and the Designer.

CobraBlue
10-01-2007, 11:22 PM
If Hasbro isn't releasing Wave 1 ever again, then why was hooded Cobra Commander included with Wave 2?

stad
10-02-2007, 12:53 AM
And the Hasbro rep my friend talked to told him that there will be no more of wave 1 shiiping. That what ever has made it to stores is all we're going to see. With these two conflicting stories, it makes me wonder if any Hasbro rep knows what they're talking about-- and if we'll ever get the straight story.

At the con, the Hasbro guys said there will be more wave 1, 2, and 3, so that there will be plenty. These are the Design guys, and the Marketing guys. They also said the regular Cobra Trooper from the 5 pack will be out on a single card, not just the Viper Pilot one from wave 2. Personally, I have no desire for more than a couple of Cobra Troopers with silver logos, since those are not regular Cobra Troopers.

karamazov80
10-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Personally, I have no desire for more than a couple of Cobra Troopers with silver logos, since those are not regular Cobra Troopers.
Yeah, when I see the silver logo, I think "Cobra officer," I don't get why they wouldn't just do the red logo.

GrenadierStinny
10-02-2007, 01:28 AM
At the con, the Hasbro guys said there will be more wave 1, 2, and 3, so that there will be plenty. These are the Design guys, and the Marketing guys. They also said the regular Cobra Trooper from the 5 pack will be out on a single card, not just the Viper Pilot one from wave 2. Personally, I have no desire for more than a couple of Cobra Troopers with silver logos, since those are not regular Cobra Troopers. That is fantastic news! Obviously these guys know a lot more than the goons who man the booth. So, I'll stop trying to scoop up extra Cobra Troopers from the 5-pack and Cobra Officers on e-bay and wait till more arrive in stores.

I'm not real big on the silver Viper Pilot logo, either. Wish the variant on him had been the red Cobra logo.

Jay West
10-02-2007, 07:26 AM
So far I have gotten lucky with the 25th's. I caught the stores when the first wave hit, and just sat down from lunch when I saw the wave 2 on Hasbrotoyshop today. I know how it feels to just miss out on them when they are releasing, but like others have said, wait a bit they will have more out. I have Ebayed a few and then found them for cheaper a month or so later. I will keep an eye out and post if I see them again.

Yeah me too. I got the five packs when hts.com first put them up (now they are everywhere). I lucked out at my target and picked up the whole wave 1 plus an extra SS and CO. Then when wave 2 came out I got some good ebay deals and got the rest at hts.com yesterday at cheap prices. I know the frustration too. I have been lucky. It looks like we will be swimming in Joes in 2008 and then hopefully with the movie in 2009 we won't know what to do with so much product.