Hasbro idea [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Hasbro idea

Periscope
10-02-2007, 03:29 PM
I talked with the Hasbro guys at the con and I proposed this: Hasbro needs a rep on yojoe's boards that says "OK, I'm from Hasbro, what figures do you guys want?" and takes the top several figures listed (like Dr. Venom and Wraith) and either puts a poll on yojoe to see what the top figure is, or take the top 6 figures that were requested and make a figure 6-pack, regardless of the relevence with each other as far as genre, comic issue, or whatever. They thought this was a great idea, and one guy even said they were talking about it. This 6-pack or whatever will be a con exclusive next year (according to my idea). What do you think about this idea, guys? I mean, they had a pretty awesome looking Pythona figure custom on display, as well as some other awesome customs of Leatherneck, Shockwave, and Alley Viper, and most comments were that we would buy the figures if they looked like those! Anyway, let's hear it from Hasbro! Set up that poll or whatever guys!

PS, I also strongly recommended that they release the Wave 4 DTC figures, because of the ticked off collectors! I'd buy those dang things!

Shogi
10-02-2007, 04:53 PM
I think it's a great idea! I remember back when I was collecting Transformers TFW2005 had a member that worked at hasbro on the Transformers line and he would post every once in a while answering questions and such

Bigtattoo
10-02-2007, 05:12 PM
I agree- I think this would be a great idea.

However, there would need to be strictly enforced guidelines to protect the guy, as I could see him becoming inundated with questions/requests/complaints- it may be too much for one person to cope with.

roboticplanet
10-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I think it's a great idea! I remember back when I was collecting Transformers TFW2005 had a member that worked at hasbro on the Transformers line and he would post every once in a while answering questions and such
Unfortunately that isn't still true. Other forums complained of this exclusive attention and now he doesn't/can't post anymore. I'm not sure if ceasing to post was voluntary or Hasbro's doing.

It would definitely be great if Hasbro had a rep here, but can we justify having one over other GI Joe forums? I'm here more than other Joe forums, so my rationale is my own convenience. That may not fly for everyone though.

Shogi
10-02-2007, 06:09 PM
perhaps a nice compromise to this would be to make the Hasbro Q&A a weekly or bi-weekly occurance rather than bi-monthly

Flophouse
10-02-2007, 08:50 PM
PS, I also strongly recommended that they release the Wave 4 DTC figures, because of the ticked off collectors! I'd buy those dang things!

They are being released, through the Collector Club next year. At least that's what was confirmed at the Con.