Opening 25th Joes [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Opening 25th Joes

Syna3sthesia
10-05-2007, 07:50 AM
How do you guys open your 25th Ann Joes without causing the most damage to the artwork/fc?

AmbroseKalifornia
10-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Buy two?

Just kidding. Not really, but the forum robot said my message was too pithy. I used to open old ARAH joes with from the bottom with a butterknife and work it around the seal to keep the paper from tearing anymore than where the glue was. Not perfect, but it did okay.

Ben Grimm
10-05-2007, 08:34 AM
I've just used a box knife to cut three of the four sides of the bubble close to the card. In theory, at least, I could still put the figures back in.

YoJoeNCSU
10-05-2007, 08:40 AM
I use my pocketknife and just cut the bubble off. This way the cards are easy to store (if i decide to keep them) and nothing is scratched up. Its really quick too.

Red Sox
10-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah I use a hobby kife or box cutter to cut the bubble off of the card.

quintonarledge
10-05-2007, 09:31 AM
I buy one MOC and then buy one to open (2 or more for the troop builders). When I open it I just try not to bend/crease the filecard. I cut it out and save it. The rest of the packaging goes in the waste bin.

Syna3sthesia
10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Buy two?

Just kidding. Not really, but the forum robot said my message was too pithy. I used to open old ARAH joes with from the bottom with a butterknife and work it around the seal to keep the paper from tearing anymore than where the glue was. Not perfect, but it did okay.

:) I have doubles. But still don't want to destroy the artwork. Thanks for your input guys!

mjgriffi
10-06-2007, 03:52 PM
I've just used a box knife to cut three of the four sides of the bubble close to the card. In theory, at least, I could still put the figures back in.

This is exactly what I do too. I wish I did it back in the 80's, but I was too excited to get the figures out of the packaging back then!

Deadshot
10-06-2007, 03:53 PM
hobby knife works just fine. Slice along the seam to the card back. there will still be plastic on the card, but the art is safe.

Facemeat
10-06-2007, 04:06 PM
My way probably isn't very good, but I find a little air bubble type thing in the outer part of the plastic, then stick my fingernail in it and run it along the sides of the plastic until it comes off. It does damage the artwork a little, but if you do it right, it works ok. Also, beware of plastic-cuts. :o