Question about how long the 25th figures will last? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Question about how long the 25th figures will last?

kennywr22
10-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Hello all. I'm new to the board and i of course am enjoying all the 25th figures. I have one question though. I know they said that they will be going on through next year till the movie. So does that mean after that we won't see any more old stle figures done in this new 25th style? I really want to have as many of my 80's figures redone. I hope that the movie doesn't change that. Please let me know if anyone has an answer to that question. Thanks all. Oh by the way i just got my wave 3 figures today at Target. Awesome.

karamazov80
10-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't know for sure, but intuition tells me that if these figures continue to sell, that Hasbro will keep them coming until the movie when, as with the TFs, we will get exclusively lame-O movie-based toys. Then, after that dies down, the 25th figures will likely return, if the demand is still high. If not, maybe the RAH style figs will return, or a rebirth of the Sigma 6 stylers, or maybe something else (c'mon Joe Legends!).

I know that with the Transformers, new Classics figures are supposedly coming out whenever the movie figures stop. . .only problem there is, another movie is already in pre-production, and the toys keep going well after the movie is gone from theaters, obviously, so. . .there may only be a window of 6 or 7 months for non-movie toys to be on the shelves.

By the way, I hate toys based on movies almost as much as I hate movies based on toys.

InfiniteJest
10-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't know for sure, but intuition tells me that if these figures continue to sell, that Hasbro will keep them coming until the movie when, as with the TFs, we will get exclusively lame-O movie-based toys.

Kind of makes one hope the movie will be delayed so they keep making 25ths.

gijoe071681
10-05-2007, 08:34 PM
well from what i gather the movie is coming out in 2009 so we at least have another year of 25ths

carnage717
10-05-2007, 11:22 PM
From talking with the Hasbro execs at the bar we hung out with at the bar at the con. They have the figures already mapped out until late '08 and they are in the process of making the figure decisions for '09. As far as body construction goes all figures release from here on out will be the 25th style. They will not be going back to the old style of making figures (ie. Screw Back, O-rings). The only way will be receiving any of the old style figures is what mastercollector puts out. Starting with the first wave of '09 the 25th logo will be removed from the packaging but the figures will continue to be the same design as everything we have seen release so far. Any movie figures made will also be made using the 25th design as well as any figures made after the movie.

karamazov80
10-05-2007, 11:35 PM
That's good news I guess. . .in some ways, I'm just trying to enjoy these days while I can, as I fear that my enthusiasm will wear thin once they start moving to, say, 1990s figures, new figures made specifically for this line, etc. I really hope we just have the time and support to get all the original 82-86 Joes done in 25th style. That would be more than most of us deserve. . .

Erick
10-06-2007, 02:26 AM
I really hope we just have the time and support to get all the original 82-86 Joes done in 25th style. That would be more than most of us deserve. . .

Of course, but we all know that's very unlikely to happen, and even if there's a slight chance, why release all figures from that period only?

I think we can all agree that there are some post '86 gems that really deserve to be done in 25th style, more so than most of the 'core' figures that have been given new versions at a regular basis over the last 10-15 years

Taichiro
10-06-2007, 09:23 AM
That's good news I guess. . .in some ways, I'm just trying to enjoy these days while I can, as I fear that my enthusiasm will wear thin once they start moving to, say, 1990s figures, new figures made specifically for this line, etc. I really hope we just have the time and support to get all the original 82-86 Joes done in 25th style. That would be more than most of us deserve. . .

I hope they don't neglect us 87 fans.