Opinions on this years con [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Opinions on this years con

rah-digga
10-08-2007, 03:28 PM
I didn't go but it seemed that the products released this year were lackluster. I still haven't seen pics of the Maulers but they just don't look like there was a big deal for anything.

DPrime
10-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I thought the offerings were better than usual. The Maulers alone made it worthwile in my opinion.

cmderinchief
10-08-2007, 04:52 PM
I didn't go but it seemed that the products released this year were lackluster. I still haven't seen pics of the Maulers but they just don't look like there was a big deal for anything.

Huh? Really?? I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The con was a great time for just getting back together with my fellow JoeBros. The sales floor was ok. The seminars and roundtables were run-of-the-mill. The con set was pretty cool. I did not like the con dinner, but I seem to be in the minority there. Mainly it was just a good time to enjoy a little vacation time and hang with the fellas.

GBPackRat
10-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I'd agree, though the offerings were fewer this year I feel the stuff was great...

The Maulers Rocked! Yeah they are pricey, but hey, we all had time to save for them. I'm in grad school making less than 15k a year and I was still able to save for them.

The Drivers for the Maulers were nice, though I wish Steeler had brown hair.

The two pack was awesome! I can't anything other than that.

The Convention Set was great as well...

The only low points I'd say were the freebie Vamp, thing just looks clunky and unoriginal and RRP (whom looks goofy to me).

Other than that, I think even with fewer choices on the con stuff, they did a great job!

Tanner

spiderpumpkin
10-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Didn't like seeing AFA grading and encasing Piper figures at the show.

Really like the Starduster/Grand Slam 2-Pack. Hope the MC GIJCC makes accessory packs of jetpacks, jetpack laser guns and hoses.

Didn't like seeing Brian's toys selling M.O.T.H. sets for $50 when they could be purchased within site at the club store down the aisle for $25.

Really liked the seminars.

rnrhero
10-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Didn't like seeing AFA grading and encasing Piper figures at the show.

That is such a niche market though. I did buy a few of there figure case for my PDD and Piper Figure but have no desire to get it graded.