25th Wave 1 single pack Joes available on Hasbrotoyshop [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 25th Wave 1 single pack Joes available on Hasbrotoyshop

karamazov80
10-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow are currently available online. Apparently some of Wave 2 were available earlier tonight, but I just found out from Hisstank.

Dean
10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
yep, and I just watched them all sell out in front of my eyes...

GBPackRat
10-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Same here....

Sigh, perhaps someday I'll find them at the shop or retail.

Tanner

Dean
10-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Well, I won't ever see them on hasbrotoyshop.com, cause, well, I am in Florida, so by the time I see them in stock, everyone in California, who probly already has 2 or maybe 3 complete sets of WAVE 3 buy them up. I just want to find Beachhead and a Cobra Viper Glider Pilot... :(

gunslingercbr
10-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Well, I won't ever see them on hasbrotoyshop.com, cause, well, I am in Florida, so by the time I see them in stock, everyone in California, who probly already has 2 or maybe 3 complete sets of WAVE 3 buy them up. I just want to find Beachhead and a Cobra Viper Glider Pilot... :(
not really. if they stock them in the morning at Hasbro you have a 3 hour head start being on the east coast.

Goldbug
10-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Aw! I was refreshing every so often but nothing. Guess I missed them. :(
I did get Snake Eyes last week though.

Dean
10-09-2007, 12:34 AM
not really. if they stock them in the morning at Hasbro you have a 3 hour head start being on the east coast.

Yea, I thought about that, it just seems that, at least when it comes to my attention, they get re-stocked after the afternoon. But, I should just check every morning before class..

Syna3sthesia
10-09-2007, 06:46 AM
What does Hasbro do? Put like 2 available figs?

samluvsjoes
10-09-2007, 08:39 AM
What does Hasbro do? Put like 2 available figs?

"What's that holding the door open? Why, it's two 25th Anniversary figures! Quick, post them online!"

Sam

Syna3sthesia
10-09-2007, 10:36 AM
"What's that holding the door open? Why, it's two 25th Anniversary figures! Quick, post them online!"

Sam

:)

"Hey, more figs with damaged packaging, lets put them online" :D

karamazov80
10-09-2007, 10:49 AM
"Hey, more figs with lead paint that we can't sell in stores, lets put them online"

Chris L
10-09-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm thinking that Hasbro might have a stocking clause with the big retailers, meaning they can only stock a certain amount on the website and replenish a certain amount at designated times. Otherwise, some retailers probably wouldn't want to place an order if Hasbro is just going to beat them to the punch.

CobraBlue
10-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Wouldn't retailers want HasbroToyShop to stock the figures frequently? By offering the figures on-line, you deter EBay scalpers. Therefore, the figures are then available at retail for the true consumers or collectors looking to purchase the figures rather than buy them on EBay. I mean, why would I purchase figures on EBay if I can buy them from HasbroToyShop? And furthermore, why buy from HasbroToyShop (paying extra for shipping) when I can probably find them on a trip to Target/Wal-Mart when I'm out doing grocery shopping or what have you. It would eliminate the hysteria and the catch-22 Hasbro is in with regards to stores not ordering enough product and too much demand.

karamazov80
10-09-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm thinking that Hasbro might have a stocking clause with the big retailers, meaning they can only stock a certain amount on the website and replenish a certain amount at designated times. Otherwise, some retailers probably wouldn't want to place an order if Hasbro is just going to beat them to the punch.

That's what I am thinking. The quantities are so low that it seems more like a publicity stunt than anything else.

karamazov80
10-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Wouldn't retailers want HasbroToyShop to stock the figures frequently? By offering the figures on-line, you deter EBay scalpers. Therefore, the figures are then available at retail for the true consumers or collectors looking to purchase the figures rather than buy them on EBay. I mean, why would I purchase figures on EBay if I can buy them from HasbroToyShop? And furthermore, why buy from HasbroToyShop (paying extra for shipping) when I can probably find them on a trip to Target/Wal-Mart when I'm out doing grocery shopping or what have you. It would eliminate the hysteria and the catch-22 Hasbro is in with regards to stores not ordering enough product and too much demand.

I don't get the argument here, exactly. Retailers want to sell everything that they have (little as that is). Why should they care if their stock is bought by scalpers or collectors, exactly? And Hasbro makes money no matter where it sells, so they don't care if a scalper buys them at retail, if they sell them online, etc., so. . .

Chris L
10-09-2007, 02:09 PM
And Hasbro makes money no matter where it sells, so they don't care if a scalper buys them at retail, if they sell them online, etc., so. . .

But if Hasbro keeps beating their retailers to market, then the retailers stop selling as much and as such, they will stop placing orders with Hasbro. When Hasbro sells them online, they only make a profit when the figure is actually sold. When a retailer purchases an order from Hasbro, Hasbro makes money whether the figures sell at the retailers or not....unless there is a special agreement in place. Also, a company can plan and invest better when it knows that standard orders will be placed over a year by a retailer compared to the potential for purchases over their own website.

stad
10-09-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't get the argument here, exactly. Retailers want to sell everything that they have (little as that is). Why should they care if their stock is bought by scalpers or collectors, exactly? And Hasbro makes money no matter where it sells, so they don't care if a scalper buys them at retail, if they sell them online, etc., so. . .

Agreed. Retailers don't care, they just want (need) the sales, regardless of who buys them and why.

Plus, I really don't buy the "scalper" argument when it comes to toys. These are mass market items, available for months at a time. They are not limited to just a few thousand, with an expiration after which they are worthless(such as concert tickets). There is simply no way someone could purchase enough to truly affect the market. Sure, right now it does seem that way, because retailers way under-ordered, and a case only has one set in it, plus a couple extras. But waves 1-3 are still coming out, with Hasbro cranking out more wave 1 cases. Anyone patient enough (which is the really the key here) would not have to resort to "scalpers".

Goldbug
10-09-2007, 05:42 PM

Ha! They already beat any of the stores near me to the punch. There is no wave 3 here. Whatever was left of waves 1 & 2 are gone.

CobraBlue
10-09-2007, 06:31 PM

The argument is that retailers and Hasbro should prefer consumers purchasing the figures instead of scalpers. Scalpers purchase the figures at retail and sell the figures on EBay for profit. If you look at EBay there are 979 auctions for Gi Joe 25th products (albeit some are con exclusives etc.). That shows there are a lot of people out there trying to cash in on the low supply, high demand of the 25th figures.

Now, since distribution is obviously varied through out the country, an individual who wants the figures has to purchase them on EBay or 2nd hand elsewhere. If they spend $75.00 on all of Wave 2 and shipping, that's around $30.00 less they can spend in retail on more Gi Joe figures. So the second hand sale is not reflected in Hasbro or retail sales and a potential consumer has $30 less to spend in stores. Thus, the sales figures truly don't reflect demand. If Hasbro kept a good stock so far on HasbroToyShop (which they have tried I might add), they want to deter scalpers from buying all of the figures at retail. While this does not increase or decrease sales figures, it allows the general consumer or collector to actually find and purchase these figures. There are a lot more casual consumers and children out there who could get interested and buy these figures. Thus, increasing sales and profits for Hasbro and retail chains. Companies want sales right? I've never ever heard of a company or retail chain who didn't want to sell more product. If the general public or non-die-hard collectors can't find them in stores, interest will decline.

Chris L
10-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Cobra Blue,

I understand the point you are making, but at the end of the day, I think retailers just care that the shipment sold out, not who got them and for what reasons. I agree there is a profit loss here, but that is uncontrolable. If any company or retailer could predict how well a product would sell, then we'd be living in a perfect world.

Ultimately, we all know that these figures will be available at retailers, given enough time. So the real question is, are scalpers bad because they buy up all the initial drop for resale on ebay, or are collectors just too impatient? Scalpers continue to exist more so because people keep buying from them and less because retailers let them buy up all the initial inventory.

For the record, I HATE scalpers.

Grunt
10-10-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure about all the retail/onlines sales talk but I do think Hasbro has cleverly marketed this line. Sure its driving me crazy but look at us all-we are driving all over creation looking for figures, glued to their website, and the buzz has even landed a writeup in a nationally syndicated paper. Everywhere I go toy managers tell me that I am one of many people asking for figures. This is great publicity. I believe Hasbro will make them more readily available soon after they have worked us all up into a frenzy. I know you can't really compare the 25th line to previous flops like S6, but we must admit-for better or worse-Hasbro is creating quite a stir!

karamazov80
10-10-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm not sure about all the retail/onlines sales talk but I do think Hasbro has cleverly marketed this line. Sure its driving me crazy but look at us all-we are driving all over creation looking for figures, glued to their website, and the buzz has even landed a writeup in a nationally syndicated paper. Everywhere I go toy managers tell me that I am one of many people asking for figures. This is great publicity. I believe Hasbro will make them more readily available soon after they have worked us all up into a frenzy. I know you can't really compare the 25th line to previous flops like S6, but we must admit-for better or worse-Hasbro is creating quite a stir!

I've previously noted this, but I also think that it was completely unintentional.

YELSEW
10-10-2007, 10:58 AM
The whole thing ticks me off. I mean, they want a successful line and every time I go to the stores to look for them they are gone. Shouldn't they replenish what they have then send out more!

karamazov80
10-11-2007, 01:28 AM
The first Cobra 5-figure set is available again from HTS, and the 25fall code still works ($18.75 for the set shipped).

Super Sport
10-11-2007, 01:45 AM
The first Cobra 5-figure set is available again from HTS, and the 25fall code still works ($18.75 for the set shipped).

Thats a pretty sweet deal. Get em while they're available gang!