25th Anniversary Cobra Legions box set [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Cobra Legions box set

Jimjammer
10-09-2007, 09:54 AM
I just snagged one up yesterday at Target. The game is a foot. :D

rea1180
10-10-2007, 12:13 AM
For those of you who have one, what do you think about the box art? It contains pictures of wave three figures which leads me to believe that other characters shown are soon to follow, like major bludd or perhaps a crimson Baroness and more dreadnoks. And what about the legion art inside ... is that Billy in the cobra ranks?

gotproblems
10-10-2007, 05:43 AM
I thought they did an excellent job with the box art. It's way better than the first box sets. However, the plastic tray was a hassle. I had to take a razor and cut the air trooper and storm shadow out of it because I was afraid of breaking their accessories.

rea1180
10-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Seriously was someone at hasbro so afraid of Storm Shadow that they had to restrain a three inch figure so much?

Cobras Toys
10-10-2007, 08:56 AM
I found 2 sets yesterday at Target. Box art was awesome and the cobra symbol was cool. But the figures were a major disapointment except for the Cobra Stinger driver but thats probably cause they havent done one in awhile but man they really packed them in there paint came off the drivers helmet just taking him out of the pack. I was also disapointed to find the air trooper's jet pack wasnt compatable with original joes (main reason i wanted the set) Definatly a nostalga set but definatly not something to open so i took the open set back. The 25th figures are nostalgic and bring back childhood memories of old but i wouldnt open them. Not good for much more than wall hanging. (The shelves at stores remain empty) They dont blend in well with original Joes at all. I would need a whole new section and i just dont have the room.

code red shockwave
10-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Despite hearing the disappointments about the Storm Shadow, COBRA Commander, and the jetpack from the Air Trooper not fitting other figures, I am hoping to get my hands on this set. I like each and every one of the figures and love the Stinger Driver the most.

kerowack
10-10-2007, 09:23 AM
When I heard about the set, I said "pass". When I walked into Walmart and they were there, I bought one (couldn't resist). I am in LOVE with the entire set. It's the best five set yet! The Joe five-set looks nice, but four of the five figures feel VERY frail. The Cobra one is taken down a notch because of the Baroness (PDD must've been making a lot of dough off of her).

With the exception of Beachhead, I'd say that two of the nicest figures in the line are from the Legions five pack (Jet Trooper and Driver).

DPrime
10-10-2007, 10:57 AM
I just snagged one up yesterday at Target. The game is a foot. :D

Not to be a jerk, but the word is "afoot". It's kind of funny when you read it as literally, "a foot". ;)

Anyway, have fun. Man, do we need Targets up here in Canada...

TristanH72
10-10-2007, 01:38 PM
We just need them stocked in places we have them :(

Been lucky enough to get the waves eventually, but can't seem to locate this set.

Reptilian Popinjay
10-10-2007, 04:16 PM
I've seen part of Wave 2, no Wave 3, but I was blessed enough to find the COBRA Legions set at Wal-Mart the other day.

My favorite thing is the singing COBRA symbol, believe it or not.

karamazov80
10-10-2007, 04:20 PM
I've seen part of Wave 2, no Wave 3, but I was blessed enough to find the COBRA Legions set at Wal-Mart the other day.

My favorite thing is the singing COBRA symbol, believe it or not.

You lucky so and so. . .well, as consolation, I did get my wave 2 figs from Hasbrotoyshop today. . .and I'm going to open them. . .right now!