The 25ths should have been a remake of the entire 1982-1994 run [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : The 25ths should have been a remake of the entire 1982-1994 run

Cobraghostship
10-09-2007, 01:03 PM
What do you think?

Jack
10-09-2007, 01:15 PM
It might be that when all is said and done. It's not like the 25th is over. They will still keep it going as long as it sells.

Erick
10-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Noooo! I am not even close to finish my vintage collection therefore having to collect another entire run would drive me nuts for sure.:eek:

karamazov80
10-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Sure, why not. . .so long as first thing's first, and we get 82-86 out of the way before that 90s junk. . .just in case:)

Cobraghostship
10-09-2007, 01:55 PM
They should also remake all the vehicles which would include the flagg:eek: :D

stad
10-09-2007, 02:00 PM
No way. Too many stinkers in the line, especially from '89 on. I mean really, who wants to see a re-issue of BF2000 figs? And other than a few people, who really wants to see Cobra-La? Do we really want to see how quickly we can kill the line again?

GUNNY
10-09-2007, 02:03 PM
This has probably being disscussed before (so bare with me) but are any vehicles coumg out with the 25 ann. line ?

Jay West
10-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I mean I guess we can wish...but it makes no sense that any toy company is going to completly reproduce a 12 year run. There is no way they make their money back. How long would you expect them to do this. Would you give them another 12 years?

Edit: While I have enjoyed getting old favorites reproduced, I am ready to start looking toward the future. Where is the next Snake Eyes? The next Duke? Let's start to creep forward again. Not rush backwards.

MikePrime
10-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Maybe up to '91, but nothing beyond that.

I think most of the figures should be remade, but not all of them. I don't think it's unreasonable if Hasbro decided to not make Battle Force 2000 figures. I don't see a need to remake Scoop, Hardball, Downtown, Captain Grid-Iron, etc.

DPrime
10-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Maybe up to '91, but nothing beyond that.

I think most of the figures should be remade, but not all of them. I don't think it's unreasonable if Hasbro decided to not make Battle Force 2000 figures. I don't see a need to remake Scoop, Hardball, Downtown, Captain Grid-Iron, etc.

Yeah, those last few years were crap... Personally I think they should redo everyone up until '87 or so, then pick and choose the best ones after that.

heikks86
10-09-2007, 05:54 PM
I liked Scoop and Captn Grid-Iron

freak4ll
10-09-2007, 05:56 PM
I completely disagree on Scoop and Captain Grid-Iron, they were both a big part of the DIC run of cartoons. I'm sure that is why some of you don't want them because you don't like those toons. For me however, those toons are included in Joe lore, and the star of that series was Captain Grid-Iron. Grid-Iron was also my favorite figure growing up because in part, he combined two loves of mine - Joes, and football. His appearance in the cartoon pushed him from #7 of my top ten Joes as a kid, up to #1. I would love a 25th anniversary figure of him.

Zombie F-Body
10-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I say yes, but will it happen, probobly not. Like MOTU, and Star Wars vintage, I know it's unrealistic to expect, but I'd like them to strive for it to at least get a lot of product out and hopefully they'll bear in mind that the ride is not going to last forever and be a little judicious with their selection. It still kind of bugs me how Toy Biz went on a modern/totally obscure kick near the end of the MLs leaving out a lot of no-brainers. I know you want to save some big guns to help out a poorer selection wave, but some figures need to be made first.

Harrison
10-09-2007, 06:24 PM
I would love to see another Dodger; I used him as Hicks from the Aliens movies. The other ones really didn't perk my intrest.

gotproblems
10-09-2007, 07:23 PM
I would love to see another Dodger; I used him as Hicks from the Aliens movies. The other ones really didn't perk my intrest.

Wow that's crazy, that's exactly what I did with him. Dodger was my favorite Joe when I was younger.

I know that Hasbro added a lot of wierd aspects to the GI Joe line (Cobra La, etc) but I think that's what made the line great in the begining. I remember going into Gemco in 1982 and seeing the figures, none of them were very appealing to me except Snake Eyes. Then Flash grew on me, and eventually I had to have all of them. However, it was the absurd military character that got me hooked in the first place. Without the oddball aspect, GI Joe would just be army men.

I think the same could be said for the vehicles. In the beginning there was what? A tank, jeep, motorcycle, and Jetpack? Then they got creative and started making things like the HISS, Skyhawk, etc. that seemed rational but would never really exist.

To answer the question, though, I'd say no, but I hope they remake 5 new figures per month for at least a year and continue to release different 5 packs as well (hopefully with more troop builders!). Also, it's a given that they need to make vehichles and (hopefully) playsets.

statesofeuphoria
10-10-2007, 05:57 AM
I would like to see them do it but realistically they will probably treat it like Star Wars and "update" the major players in just about every wave (Duke, SE,CC,SS) leaving one or two spots for a new character. If this line lasts several years, I could see 200-300 figures but the reality would probably be 150 of those would be tweaked versions of the big 4.

Shipwreck"n"polly
10-10-2007, 07:08 AM
eventually yes but they should never release more than 30 figures in a year it just over floods the market and it is more than most people can afford at the time

cobraferret
10-10-2007, 07:32 AM
I would say for me I would like to see 1982-1988 plus vehicles

Red Sox
10-10-2007, 08:38 AM
No. They should take the great things from the original run and make them better, and leave the junk in the past. I don't think there is a need nor a demand for Ninja Force, Monster Vipers, Eco-Warriors, Star Brigade, etc. to be remade.

cobraferret
10-10-2007, 08:42 AM
I don't think there is a need nor a demand for Ninja Force, Monster Vipers, Eco-Warriors, Star Brigade, etc. to be remade.
I agree BLEH
That would be scraping the bottom of the barrel

GerjurdKing
10-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Sure, why not. . .so long as first thing's first, and we get 82-86 out of the way before that 90s junk. . .just in case:)

Exactly, I couldn't agree more.

msv
10-10-2007, 10:52 AM
but it'll take another 20 years for it to happen. It took 40 years for Hasbro to make reissues of the 12'' dolls. At the 30 anniversary they made Hall of fame dolls and those aren't even worth their weight in lead!

YELSEW
10-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I would like to see them do it but realistically they will probably treat it like Star Wars and "update" the major players in just about every wave (Duke, SE,CC,SS) leaving one or two spots for a new character. If this line lasts several years, I could see 200-300 figures but the reality would probably be 150 of those would be tweaked versions of the big 4.

My point exactly. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing them all remade, I just don't know if I want too. I voted it would make me nuts! LOL...

Taichiro
10-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Sure, why not. . .so long as first thing's first, and we get 82-89 out of the way before that 90s junk. . .just in case:)

fixed.

no offense, but I really hope we get things after 86 sprinkled in there too, even if it IS at the expense of things that came before.

Erick
10-10-2007, 06:14 PM
fixed.

no offense, but I really hope we get things after 86 sprinkled in there too, even if it IS at the expense of things that came before.

I'm with you here man, we must get post '86 stuff for christ sakes!, doesn't matter if we have to wait until they release all the stuff that came before first.

Taichiro
10-10-2007, 06:38 PM
We're getting things that NEVER were released (Air trooper, Red Ninja), so to think that we should get the 82-86 stuff first and foremost is ridiculous.

we should be getting characters from the entire ARAH run, not just the first few years.

Deadman2099
10-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't see it as being an unrealistic goal for the '82 - 94 run being remade. In all there were what, 400 figures or so? How many figures were in the VsV, Spy Troops, and DTC lines? A hundred, in what, 2 or 3 years? It could be done... as long as they make the coloring more reasonable, there were some fine figures in the later years. I say let's do it again :D

code red shockwave
10-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Yes, because it gives buyers a distinct advantage. However, it could mean trouble for sellers but on the other hand, some figures that were originally horrible looking might be improved.

Zombie F-Body
10-10-2007, 09:15 PM
If they pepper in the new comic based stuff (or other stuff) that never got made originally, it could take a while, but I think the comic packs could be a great way to get a lot of product out, especially seeing the Dreadnok 2-pack and comic pack Hawk, that system could kill 2 birds with one stone, getting unique comic based figures out and new mold ARAH stuff out as well. I could see it being done, but it's all based on how long retailers want to play. Theoretically sure, but really it's the guys in charge of Wal-Mart and Target that are going to make the final call for us.

GerjurdKing
10-11-2007, 09:48 AM
Speaking of the Dreadnok two-pack, anyone think they will release them seperately? I'd love to have the original cards of all the dreadnoks (ie not just Buzzer). And really, they should have announced Tomax and Xamot as their first two-pack and yet it seems they are only on their radar.

mizak23
10-11-2007, 10:40 AM
I like G.I. Joe, but I don't ever want to see a new Raptor, even if they try to make him "Cool"

Taichiro
10-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I like G.I. Joe, but I don't ever want to see a new Raptor, even if they try to make him "Cool"

That's fine.

I don't ever want to see a new Cover Girl, Zap, Barbecue, Wet Suit, Recondo, Leatherneck, or Footloose.

since, y'know, we're dictating policy and hoping that some collectors don't get what they want.

RedClaw
10-11-2007, 02:33 PM
That's fine.

I don't ever want to see a new Cover Girl, Zap, Barbecue, Wet Suit, Recondo, Leatherneck, or Footloose.

since, y'know, we're dictating policy and hoping that some collectors don't get what they want.

Hey everyone, cool it.

This isn't an argument on which collectors should be heard or whatever.

The point of the poll is asking would people like a run of 500+ figures with different versions of the same character, or stick to the core characters and famous comicbook/unproduced characters.

Keep it civil, keep it fun.

TheReverend
10-11-2007, 02:46 PM
I’m voting no.

Not that I don’t want this line to run for hundreds of figures.

But I want some new stuff too, mixed in with a lot of old figs - I don’t want it to just be reissues of all the old figures, as there were a lot of figs in the original line (espicialy the later years) that I really wouldn’t want to buy even if made in the 25th style (please no neon stuff….please…please… :p )

I do hope we get most of the core figures, maybe most figs up to 86 – 87 that would be cool, along with some new stuff (Devils Due Jinx – thank you very much Hasbro :) and Billy...oh yeah...)

Lim
10-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeh, fine, do whatever. Just give me my uber-ultra-mega-pipe dream Nemesis Enforcer (size of Roadblock, 12 inch wing span, long elbow spikes).

Taichiro
10-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey everyone, cool it.

This isn't an argument on which collectors should be heard or whatever.

The point of the poll is asking would people like a run of 500+ figures with different versions of the same character, or stick to the core characters and famous comicbook/unproduced characters.

Keep it civil, keep it fun.

I'm trying, but I just don't like it when people act like ARAH ended in 1986.

As for Raptor, they did a custom of him for SDCC, that tells me SOMEONE at Hasbro has at least considered it.

Free Fall
10-11-2007, 04:06 PM
So its true that hasbro has the 25th style Monstro Viper on tap for 08????

kidding :)

ill buy whatever figs they make, even when i say i wont, i cave in. dont threaten me with a good time hasbro.

dodger was a bad to the bone figure too, me's thinkin i might go try and find one on ebay right now......

Taichiro
10-11-2007, 04:09 PM
I'd love a 25th styled Battleforce 2000.

but I think "Battleforce 2010" would be a better name if they're bringing 'em back.

Zombie F-Body
10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Never was into BF2000, but hey give everyone what they want. 25th is getting to the stage that I'm starting to cherry pick (don't really need Red Ninja or am all black SEs) and just buy what I want, but I welcome the opportunity to get everyone what they want, that's what this hoby is about, right? You buy your BF2000 and I'll happily buy my Cobra-La:p

The Army actually has/had a program called Battlefield 2020 or something so maybe Battle Force 2020 would work. It's just as far away as 2000 was in the late 80s.

Taichiro
10-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Oh, I want Cobra-La as well.

as my sig says, 87 forever!