DTC Wave 4/25th 2008 Wave 2 questions [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : DTC Wave 4/25th 2008 Wave 2 questions

Jay West
10-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Couple of semi related questions.

Was a concrete date ever set for the release of DTC wave 4 at mastercollector?

When should we expect to hear who makes up wave 2 - 2008 - officially?

And where would we get the official pics?
Without a convnetion, would Hasbro just send a press release to sites like this?
Will they just show up for pre-order on a site like bigbadtoystore.com?
Any ideas?

dockingbay97
10-09-2007, 03:08 PM
I expect that we will see very little of what will be released next year until Toy Fair. We might see another wave or two but that is it. I think next year's Toy Fair will show a lot of potentially great stuff.

freak4ll
10-09-2007, 05:45 PM
I head of an April release for the first wave of comic packs.

Mastercollector says to just keep watching the website for the release of DTC wave 4.

Bravo
10-10-2007, 08:50 AM
I head of an April release for the first wave of comic packs.

Mastercollector says to just keep watching the website for the release of DTC wave 4.

And a year from now I wouldn't be surprised if they'll are still saying that.

cmderinchief
10-10-2007, 09:20 AM
The GIJCC said that if there are no changes to the figures that we could get them pretty quick. Right after they said that people started wanting changes....so who knows.

Jay West
10-10-2007, 09:48 AM
The GIJCC said that if there are no changes to the figures that we could get them pretty quick. Right after they said that people started wanting changes....so who knows.

I always would want the best figure possible, but I think I would rather they just go ahead and get the figures out.

The Mad Bubbler
10-10-2007, 10:09 PM
And another thing, the fewer changes we see, the less money put into them... which should mean a lower price for us. I was fine with how the figures looked. I wonder how they will sell them - singles, sets, cases of 8 figures, etc.

Taichiro
10-11-2007, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't mind the Night Viper and Airtight, but I can give a rat's patoot about the rest of the DTC Wave 4.

Jay West
10-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Munita (Sp?), Cobra Officer and Outback for me. Not interested in Falcon, Airtight or Night Viper.

Free Fall
10-11-2007, 04:19 PM
sorry to ask a possible newbie question but what does direct to collector mean? they are figures right?

Zombie F-Body
10-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Hasbro attempted to run a Joe line through online purchases only. These were not available at stores (initially, some TRUs got them and some LCS ordered some) and could only be had directly through Hasbro. I guess it was more experiment than anything, as the figures were either left overs from previous lines or just re-paints. It showed that collectors alone are not the main driving force of the series, or like me, just weren't interested in what they had to offer. It didn't feature any big name characters and Spirit and Mutt were the only known characters that really appealed to me.

YELSEW
10-12-2007, 02:48 AM
I really liked DTC (Direct to Consumer). I thought it was a great idea. I just do not have time to go to store to store to store looking for empty pegs. Thanks to the help of cobraferret, I have pre-ordered everything coming out. It is just a majore conveniance for me to click and wait and ship. Plus, with these four girls we have now, getting boxes in the mail and taking them to my room, opening them in privacy w/o hundreds of questions as to why can't we play with them OR where are ours!, makes ordering them that much better for me. LOL.