25th Anv At Walmart.com [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 25th Anv At Walmart.com

williamwells1
10-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Looks like walmart.com is getting ready to stock some of the 25th anv..They have the 5 packs in stock.I thought it would be easy to check the web site then going to a store everyother day..Just thought i would let you guys know. www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=G+I+JOE&search_constraint=0&ic=24_0&ref=+125871.128797&refineType=Toys&refineValue=Action%20Figures (http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=G+I+JOE&search_constraint=0&ic=24_0&ref=+125871.128797&refineType=Toys&refineValue=Action%20Figures)

williamwells1
10-10-2007, 02:24 PM
It was to have been the 25th anv..I dont know what happen tho the (2)sorry

phillinley
10-10-2007, 02:25 PM
The cobra version's out of stock though

williamwells1
10-10-2007, 02:29 PM
It was in stock when i first looked..They just of must put them on line.I looked on tuesday and didnt see anything.So i guess they will be adding the single pack any day now.....

samluvsjoes
10-10-2007, 03:51 PM
They are listed on Target's website as well, but have an availability of 2-6 weeks before being in stock. On Target's site you can get notification when they are in stock.
Sam

karamazov80
10-10-2007, 04:15 PM
On a somewhat related topic, I was at the Wal-Mart today that is generally the best stocked with toys here, and I finally asked somebody why there weren't even any pegs for Joes, and the woman told me, and I paraphrase:

"our toy manager deleted them out of the system, maybe you will find them in the clearance aisle"

:confused:

jshortultimate
10-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Its weird.... I found some 25th figs at a Walmart in Elkton, Md earlier this summer- Wave 1 figs, SE, SS, CC - but for the last two months or so Ive been up in NH and havent seen any signs of 25th Joes up here- even asked a guy at a WM if he had seen them, of course he hadnt and didnt know anything about them. I guess I just got lucky with the Wave 1 figs at the WM in Md. Hopefully Hasbro has upped production to meet the demand and is now able to ship enough to keep WM satisfied (which I guess must be the reason I havent seen them in these last two months).

Static
10-10-2007, 04:50 PM
How do you check on the Target website the local stockpile?

TristanH72
10-10-2007, 07:35 PM
FWIW, if anyone is interested...

There's a full set of wave 2 at my wal-mart, and has been for a week now, since I've gotten all the wave two I wanted. Should anyone want them, I'm sure something can be arranged.

They've got like 5 hooded cobra commanders on the pegs.

Can't find a Legions 5 set in my area to save anything.

Johnny
10-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Alright, so I've been surfing around the forums here enough to know that 25th figures seem to be in short supply, despite being recently released. I'm selling my 80s collection, and not really looking to start a new collection, but if I were to ever see some 25th figures at a store, should I buy them to help out the people on here? Not that I'm looking to make a business out of it or anything, but it seems like location and luck dictates availibility of these figures. So, what I'm saying is this, say I go to Wal-Mart one night to pick up milk and diapers. I stroll through the toys section (to see all the cool stuff kids have these days) and I notice Joe Stockboy replenishing the pegs with some wave 2 or 3 25th figures. Do I grab a few, bring them here, sell them for a few dollars above retail (for my trouble) plus shipping? Are there enough of you collectors missing 25ths for me to go out of my way to get some? Just wondering.... Don't mean to hijack the thread.

Johnny

modeling_man
10-10-2007, 09:20 PM
I'd say do it.
If you don't do it, some loser ebay scalper will pick them up and try to sell them for $25 a pop.
B

Dreadnok4life
10-11-2007, 01:41 PM
I discovered a huge supply of Wave 1 and 3 at my local Wal-Mart. It shocked me. They had just finished stocking the aisle. I practically wiped them out. LOL I had to. After the long droubt I couldn't help it. I did leave about 20 figures behind.