Best & Worst 25th figures so far? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Best & Worst 25th figures so far?

Erick
10-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Well, maybe worst isn't the correct word... how about: best & least good?

What do you think?

samluvsjoes
10-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Of the ones I actually own (meaning all of Wave 1 and Stalker) I'd have to say absolute best is single pack Snake-Eyes and Stalker, absolute worst is Baroness. Worst Joe would be Duke, but if Duke could hold his weapon, he'd be an awesome figure. If that were the case, I'd go with Gung-Ho as the worst Joe figure only because he looks like Sgt Slaughter wearing Gung-Ho's clothes.
Sam

quintonarledge
10-15-2007, 10:20 AM
I've got 'em all so far.

My favorite is the 1982 style Snake-Eyes that came in the first 5-Pack.

My least favorite is the VvV style Storm Shadow that came in the Cobra Legions 5-Pack. He was so very unnecessary.

Cobraviper72
10-15-2007, 11:16 AM
I own several so far and got lucky over the weekend and found the Cobra legion 5 pack, Stalker, Shipwreck, Zartan, Firefly.
My favorite so far is Cobra Officer and Classic Snake eyes, least favorite in Baroness, nice figure, but looks goofy.

Syna3sthesia
10-15-2007, 11:25 AM
My favorite so far is Firefly followed closely by Beach Head (I know same mold)

Worst so far is the VvV SS, no need for another stormy, especially that one!

willie&joe
10-15-2007, 11:26 AM
I've been lucky enough to find them all so far and I really love them all. The two that aren't that great for me though would be Serpentor and the single pack Snake-Eyes. My main problem with Serp is his face. He looks like he's about to cry. I think the sigle pack SE just isn't detailed enough. SE v.23 is the best of the visor version SE.
I'm not sure about the best. Each one I pick up I love so it's a tough decision. Maybe Stalker, maybe Snake-Eyes five pack, heck maybe even Cobra Legions Storm Shadow. I've always liked that design.

kujowolfpack
10-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I am very dissapointed in Firefly.:mad: A character of that magnitude surely deserves an all-new sculpt.

The best would have to be Beachhead.:) He's excellent! Hasbro, if you make em' like that, keep em' coming!

code red shockwave
10-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Best: All of the COBRAs from the COBRA Legions 5-pack and almost all of the COBRAs from wave 1 except for Baroness

Worst: Baroness, yellow Stalker

UCJoe
10-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Favorite...I am torn between Beach Head, 5-Pack Snake Eyes, and Stalker.

Least Favorite...Duke.

Erick
10-15-2007, 11:44 AM
I am very dissapointed in Firefly.:mad: A character of that magnitude surely deserves an all-new sculpt.

You mean a new outfit?

Viper Commander
10-15-2007, 11:53 AM
The single packs of Snake Eyes and Stormshadow are my favorite so far. The worst for me is the Joe 5 pack.

karamazov80
10-15-2007, 12:19 PM
My favorite would actually be Flint if he had gloves (my custom, as well as most others, looks great!). . .but as they stand, having had them all a while, I think that I really like Duke the best. Worst, hands down, goes to Serpentor. Blech....

spiderpumpkin
10-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Best = figures with masks like Destro and Beachhead
Worst = figures without masks like Baroness and most Joes

So far I've only purchased 1 Joe(Beachhead) and all Cobra figures.

They can't get much right it seems. An anchor on Gung Ho's hat. Shipwreck's tatoo, weird looking new Seprentor, crotch,neck and elbow articulation limitations.

rnrhero
10-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Best = Flint Good mold, holds weapons, stands great and just looks like him. Its the best version since V1.

Worst would have to be Firefly, I just cannot get past the Skinny arms. Makes him look really wierd to me. I have never been a real Firefly fan but I would take any of the Old Sculpt versions of him over this one. Its better then the VvsV and Spytroop versions but not by much.

Shadow_Contact
10-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Best: I would have to say Snakes From 5 pack, Flint, Cobra Officer/Trooper and CC with cowl. All very good very posable and most importantly classic representation of the figures.

Worst: Gung Ho, Bad Stance and like samluvjoes said looks more like Sgt. Slaughter; Roadblock(one of my fave characters of all time) but could he have any smaller of a head?

TheReverend
10-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I love them all but I would say:

Best: Snake Eyes from 5 pack, Cobra Air Trooper, Beach Head

Ok did I say I love them all?....well maybe there's one I don't *love* so much...

Worst: Baroness, she’s bow legged (well not after I worked on her, but she was) and has a bad head sculpt (I'm looking for a better head to swap out - then she might be ok). They need to do a better job on her – she’s really the only figure I don’t like - which is too bad she's one of my fvorite Cobras in the cartoon & comics...

themoney75
10-15-2007, 03:40 PM
since i only had a chance to see the 3 6 packs and the first wave my fav flint or cobra stinger driver. the only one i dont like at all is the storm shadow form the cobra legions.

yojoebro82
10-15-2007, 03:54 PM
My favorite would actually be Flint if he had gloves

Aaaahhhh......I KNEW we wouldn't get through this thread without this being mentioned :)

I can only speak for wave one. Best= ALL of them.

Deadman2099
10-15-2007, 04:21 PM
I love them all but I would say:

Best: Snake Eyes from 5 pack, Cobra Air Trooper, Beach Head

Ok did I say I love them all?....well maybe there's one I don't *love* so much...

Worst: Baroness, she’s bow legged (well not after I worked on her, but she was) and has a bad head sculpt (I'm looking for a better head to swap out - then she might be ok). They need to do a better job on her – she’s really the only figure I don’t like - which is too bad she's one of my fvorite Cobras in the cartoon & comics...

Alternate Accessory Pack Heads/hands/masks for Zartan/weapons! Please Hasbro!! :P

willie&joe
10-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Alternate Accessory Pack Heads/hands/masks for Zartan/weapons! Please Hasbro!! :P

I was thinking of that too. The hands seem easy enough to pop off. So for all the people who don't like Shippys, CCs and whoever-elses hands just sell some replacements.

YoJoeNCSU
10-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Its hard to pick out my favorite, but I think it would be Buzzer. I love the big chainsaw. I really like all the details on the all the figures though.

Tied for least favorite (or maybe most disappointing?) are the Baroness and Serpentor. Something about the Baroness, maybe its the head, just doesn't sit right. And for some reason I thought Serpentor was going to be more gold, and his face would look meaner. He facial expression is pretty goofy, and his armor looks too yellowish. I put the comic back helmet that came with Hannibal on him and it looks a lot better.

kerowack
10-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Beachhead, Snake Eyes V2 or Jet Trooper would be my favorite... can't decide.

Worst is EASILY Serpentor. I don't hate any of the other figures, but Serpentor was only purchased because he's a pretty major character and I own all of the rest...

shmoomonkey
10-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Me? I'm seeing single-pack Joes on pegs, and no neon. I love 'em all.

Sure, there are issues, but there were issues with the originals.

My faves, though - Duke, Flint and Beachhead. And the fact that Snake Eyes is the base for the rest of the first team. Uniformity ain't so bad - works for us real Joes...

seaslug
10-16-2007, 04:17 AM
buzzer and the air trooper are really nice but I quit opening them.I hate the fact that they don't fit in with my joeverse. They are to tall. Serpentor is god awfull the stormshadow version 3???? is a piece of crap.But his accessories go very nicely with my mail in stormshadow. I can't wait for the target hiss tanks though.

goodguyswearblack9
10-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Duke is the coolest, and the legions set is my least fave because the repaints make it boring.

statesofeuphoria
10-16-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm really digging the jet pack trooper and 5 pack Snake Eyes. The V3 SS... not so much. I do like the red/black weapons though.

Zombie F-Body
10-16-2007, 05:35 PM
For me, I have three categories: best & worst, design wise, and nostalgic best (which may not be a superior figure, but the classic look just wins my heart over).

Nostalgic best: Duke, V2 Storm Shadow, V2 Snake Eyes, Lady Jaye.

Best: Beach Head (never cared for him as a kid, but this is a well done figure with a lot going on), Gung Ho (same as with BH, I though he was pretty boring as a kid, but they really added a lot of detail to him), V1 Storm Shadow, Zartan (just can't wait for warmer months so he's not blue all the time like he is now!).

Worst (I love them all so this is relatively speaking, of course): black CC, Dragon SS, Serpentor (why? Unless this was an effort to buy time while they figure out the vehicle situation to give us the classic one with chariot as the body can easily be made to look like the classic version.), Cobra trooper (just because his webgear keeps coming undone, I would have liked it to attach like the officers with the belt tab that secures the whole rig to the figure pointing out not in).

29thLetsGoJoe
10-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Favorite is Scarlett, Snake Eyes, and Stalker.
Least favorite Baroness ( she deserved better), and Lady J, ( yes, she does too).

goodguyswearblack9
10-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Favorite is Scarlett, Snake Eyes, and Stalker.
Least favorite Baroness ( she deserved better), and Lady J, ( yes, she does too).

I'm starting to wonder if they will ever perfect female figures; however, the 25th are the best so far.

YELSEW
10-17-2007, 01:52 AM
Best: Destro (just because I have not seen Firefly yet!)

Worst: Baroness (I hate the glasses, makes her look silly)

Random
10-17-2007, 02:35 AM
Hmm. Best that I own and have had hands on - Cobra Air Trooper. I like all the accessories.

Worst - Baroness. By far. She looks like she has some spinal disease, which sucks because this is the only one they are not going to resculpt in wave 4. :(

Zombie F-Body
10-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Wave 4 resculpts? How different will the wave 4 versions be from their 5-pack counterparts? I'm cool with my 5-pack figures and don't really have the fundage to buy them again if they are making radical changes to them.

Urban Saboteur
10-17-2007, 07:56 PM

Someone at Joe Dios swapped the head out for an Agent Annika figure.. apparently it looked way better this way? Perhaps you could try the same? :confused:

Sergeant Duke
11-01-2007, 12:53 AM
The best

1. Red Ninja - totally cool
2. Stalker - love the face expression
3. Storm Shadow v.2 (Single card) - better than the original
4. Beachhead - best version of him ever
5. Snake eyes v. 2 ( Single card )
6. Zartan - this figure is growing on me more and more
7. Roadblock
8. Snake Eyes v. 1
9. Storm Shadow v.1
10. Cobra Commander v. 1 - not great but formidable

The worst
1. Duke - looks like Freddie from Scooby Doo
2. Serpentor - why did they leave out part of the Cobra head piece ?
3. Anorexic Firefly
4. Shipwreck - figure looks like total crap
5. All cobra infantry look awkward to me
6. Gung-Go - figure looks the part of total crap
7. Flint with no gloves
8. Destro - too skinny and lanky
9. Scarlett - looks too anime to me
10. Buzzer - why is he 6 ft 8 compared to other figures ?
11. Lady Jaye - looks like Betty from the Flintstones
12. Cobra Commander v. 2 - very bland looking. The wind blown hood doesn't cut it.

Sergeant Duke
11-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Havent really gotten a good look at the Baroness to judge.

Erick
12-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Almost two months later, new figures have been released...

Anyone else want to share their opinions? has anyone changed his mind about a certain figure?

Personally, the new CG has won it's way into my top 3 now...

Mr Rage
12-07-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm commenting on the figures I've bought or at least saw in the stores.

The Best:

I love v1 Storm Shadow...has the best accessories...except missing the nunchuks. brings back so many memories because he was my very first GI Joe back when he was first released. Can pose him nicely.

Beachhead...probably the best version of him ever made.

Zartan...probably one of my favorite characters and a great mold.

The Least Best:

Serpentor....looks like he's constipated or got the runs...just a really weird look on his face. I'd overlook his facial expression if he had his cowl behind him.

The elbow joints on all of them. Movement is way too limited. Wish they would have the same elbow joint like the Star Wars action figures. But since I just display them, it's something I'll overlook.

Mr Rage

therobidentity
12-07-2007, 04:33 PM
For me, Zartan is tops. Even if he looks a little green outside the freezer... that's part of his character. I would have preferred UV activation to temperature, but it works. I'm happy that he has his mask, and a sniper rifle. Would have been happier if he had bow/arrows too, but I guess the arrows would have taken up backpack space. The boot-knife is probably the icing on the cake. It's pretty detailed for a knife, and best of all, it isn't molded. Is Zartan the only figure that doesn't have a molded boot knife? Why with figures this detailed should there be any molded weapon?

Which brings me to Baroness. I'm not even going to talk about how she looks, because to me she looks ok. Then again, I'm not doing much with her. I think the hair's a nice detail, but it does limit head movement. Anyway, she comes with a UMP, pistol, and dagger. All of these are great. She also has a second pistol - but it's molded into a holster. What's the purpose of that?! She'll never draw that pistol, and since the pistol's molded into it, there's no holster for the separate pistol! There's no sheath for the dagger either - which wouldn't be such a huge problem for me if she didn't have to drop one or the other of her guns to weild it. I think the ball definately got dropped on her.

So my favorite/least favorite are Zartan/Baroness. Both because of accessories. I mean, I like Zartan anyway, but the accessories were great. I like Baroness too, but the figure is lacking.

therobidentity
12-07-2007, 04:35 PM
The elbow joints on all of them. Movement is way too limited. Wish they would have the same elbow joint like the Star Wars action figures. But since I just display them, it's something I'll overlook.

Agreed. I had problems with my Troopers in trying to get them to put their left hands across their chest (for a salute). I was able to get a little more range of movement from them by turning the elbow the other way and swiveling the arm/wrist around though.

kerowack
12-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Beachhead is still, by far, the best figure (RELEASED AT THIS POINT. I think Snow Job or Flash may replace him for me) and the worst figure, and it'll probably be this way for a while, IMO, is Serpentor. Horrible character and figure, but I've never really like Serpentor/Mindbender or any of that crap. Destro and CC are my boys.

Other nice figures (even if I may not love the characters): Storm Shadow V2 is SUCH a nice sculpt. Flint finally doesn't look like that actor that his old V1 looked like. Jet Trooper is insane. Love it. Snake Eyes V2 is a great figure (improved on a classic).

I love both the SS and the SE sculpts (every one), but I'm tired of the two being released every single wave (or so it seems).

Erick
06-04-2008, 09:43 AM
After all the new waves...what do you think now? anyone changed their mind?

FAKER II
06-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Best- Armored Cobra Commander and Iron Grenadier Destro. These may not be the most memorable or popular outfits for these 2 characters but I feel that Hasbro nailed down these 2 figures perfectly. My favorite Joe is Tiger Force Flint. The Tiger Force color scheme really looks good on him and is nice to have in the 25th line. Not only are the new arm molds a nice improvement, but casting his arms and head in flesh tone plastic also made him look way better.

Most Inexcusably Bad- Serpentor, Zartan, and Major Bludd. Neither Serpentor nor Zartan resemble what we think they should look like. In other words, why did Hasbro go with the modern comic design over the classic 80’s design? Not only did Zartan’s mold make a bad Zartan, but it makes an even worse Major Bludd. If I had known at the time that Serpentor and Zartan had come out that so many figures would get made, I probably would have skipped them. Major Bludd will probably be the first 25th figure that I intentionally pass on.

lister
06-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Beachhead, Snow Job, Iron Grenadier Destro, Wild Weasel, Arctic Snake Eyes, Torpedo, and Rock and Roll are among my favorites so far.

The ones that haven't impressed me much are Gung Ho, Zartan, Serpentor, and the Cobra Legions Storm Shadow. Can't really say I dislike any though.

hamilcar
06-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Best: Crimson Guard, HISS Driver, Parka Snake Eyes, Viper (gasp!), Beachhead, Torpedo, Snow Job.

Worst: "Harry Potter" Baroness, "Sloppy Eater" Grunt, "Torn Shirt" Snake Eyes, "Where's My Hood?" Serpentor, "What is Chokin Me?" Major Bludd, "Bob Dole" Shipwreck.

MWG
06-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Best so far: Joes - Hard to say, but I think I'll go with Beachhead for now. Best Cobra/Enemy so far is IG Destro IMO.

Worst so far: Joes - Probably Duke, just because the arms plague so many other Joes, and they refuse to fix the waist. Worst Cobra - unquestionably Major Bludd. He could at least have used different legs than Zartan, and the right arm needed a little more articulation.

+-MWG-+

statesofeuphoria
06-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Figures I think are perfect and can't get any better:
Armored CC
Firefly (comic pack)
IG Destro
V3 Snake Eyes
Beachhead

I think everyone agrees that Serpentor is one of the worst as is Major Bludd. MB could have been sooo much better.