New Hasbrotoyshop catalog lack of Joes! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : New Hasbrotoyshop catalog lack of Joes!

AlternateUniverse Steeler
10-15-2007, 09:42 PM
So i got the new Hasbrotoyshop catalog in the mail today. Nice full color slick catalog. Great features on star wars & marvel but........1 crappy page on joes.

Whats worse is it only shows the first 2 five packs and 2 sigma six figures, leatherneck & desert wolf. They don't mention who is in 5 packs.
There is no mention of single carded figures at all.

Great Job Hasbro! A monkey can advertise better!

Dakemesh
10-15-2007, 09:44 PM
That's the blessing and the curse of teh internets. We've already seen so far ahead, that no regular catalog will show us anything we didn't already know.

Those are designed for the casual parent who has no idea what they want to get their kids.

Syna3sthesia
10-15-2007, 09:49 PM
I was expecting to be full of Joes and whatnot and they only give them 1 page....Actually 75 percent of a page...

10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
That's the blessing and the curse of teh internets. We've already seen so far ahead, that no regular catalog will show us anything we didn't already know.

Those are designed for the casual parent who has no idea what they want to get their kids.

Its no a matter of "new stuff". Its the fact there is nothing to buy. Its like joes are not a current product.

CGC
10-16-2007, 10:06 AM
I got that catalog yesterday. Same reaction, why so little space for Joes? 50 pages of TF crap (never was a big fan of them), 20 pages of SW toys, & 1 page for Joes. I realize Hasbro makes more of what sells better, but we each have our own priorities & that was kind of disappointing to me.

Gave it to my kids & they started making lists for Santa... :D

10-16-2007, 03:44 PM
I got that catalog yesterday. Same reaction, why so little space for Joes? 50 pages of TF crap (never was a big fan of them), 20 pages of SW toys, & 1 page for Joes. I realize Hasbro makes more of what sells better, but we each have our own priorities & that was kind of disappointing to me.

Gave it to my kids & they started making lists for Santa... :D
Seriously, they show full assortments of spider-man, marvel legends, fantastic 4 and more. But the sigma is 1/2 a page with 2 figures from a larger assortment ant the other 1/2 is 2 box sets.

TheReverend
10-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah I also got that catalog yesterday and paged through it real fast hoping to see some Joe goodness....only to be let down...

Whats up with that? :(

Urban Saboteur
10-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Yeah and the shocking truth of it all is that when the line gets canned hasbro will blame the buyers for not backing the product by buying enough of it..
You know it's going to happen.. and it's them that are mostly to blame, releasing sub standard product merged with very poor advertising and marketing.. but it's kind of what I've come to expect from them now.
Rich