25th Anniversary Stand Poll. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Stand Poll.

YELSEW
10-16-2007, 02:42 AM
Ok. There has been some debate in the past as to if a figure comes with a stand as to completeness when searching for it. I used to argue, if a figure came with a stand and you couldn't find it (i.e. some of the 1990's figures) that it was complete. But, with the new stands being made for the 25th Anniversary line, being made personalized. I feel these have to be with the figure to be complete.

Thoughts?

TheReverend
10-16-2007, 03:36 AM
With the old figures I never cared, and still don't - the stands are generic and if they are missing then so what...I have so many stands I can always replace them if need be.

With the 25th's it's a diferent story - as you said the new stands are personalized, so I just wouldn't consider the figure complete without that groovy personalized stand :)

YELSEW
10-16-2007, 03:57 AM
It was really funny, when I was putting my figures away a couple months back to prepare for my 4 girls coming, I decided to place stands with the figures that came with them to make them complete. I had every color stand I needed to make them all complete and some leftover! I would never thought in a million years I had all the stands to make each of the loose figures from 1990 to 1994 complete.

Syna3sthesia
10-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Since the new one are personalized for each of the figs, yeah they are a must for this line.

CGC
10-16-2007, 08:29 AM
I've always thought they needed everything they came with to be complete, including their fc. I like the names being on their stands (other than the PDD), but it will definitely make them tougher to replace.

Derek2783
10-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Why is "We should all burn the stands, the stands suck donkey balls" not an option?

samluvsjoes
10-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Personally, I hate the new stands (and the old ones as well). Since I don't really display my figures all that much (I, um, "inspect" them) I have no real use for them. I've thrown all mine away so far.
Sam

CGC
10-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Why is "We should all burn the stands, the stands ...
Probably because what followed is bordering on inappropriate language. ;)

Erick
10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
I don't care for the stands, therefore I consider the figures complete without them

DPrime
10-16-2007, 12:52 PM
I dislike the stands, and would like to find an alternative to them, but I would still consider them incomplete without them.

Dreadnok4life
10-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Why the hate for the new stands? I think they are a good idea. Hasbro did something a little extra for the line and this is the reception they get? Could the people who hate the stands explain why they don't like them? Is it the design? Is it simply the fact they are associated with the new sculpt figures? Is it something else?

As far as the question goes, I think the stands need to be there for the figure to be complete.

samluvsjoes
10-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Why the hate for the new stands? I think they are a good idea. Hasbro did something a little extra for the line and this is the reception they get? Could the people who hate the stands explain why they don't like them? Is it the design? Is it simply the fact they are associated with the new sculpt figures? Is it something else?

As far as the question goes, I think the stands need to be there for the figure to be complete.

As far as the actual stands, they're okay but they feel cheap to me. However, I simply have no use for them at all since I play with my toys and therefore they just wind up taking up much needed space.
Sam

YELSEW
10-17-2007, 01:36 AM
I for one applaud Hasbro for the stands. I like the personalization. My family comes over all of the time and asks, "Who is this guy or I remember him, but I can't remember his name." Now all they have to do is read the stand. Plus, I like the look of them. I have not opened one yet to argue the quality, but they look good to me.

Deogg
10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
The stand comes with the figure, therefore the fig has to have the stand to be complete.

Random
10-17-2007, 06:33 PM
The stand comes with the figure, therefore the fig has to have the stand to be complete.

Agreed. Complete to me means everything that was packaged with the toy.

skinny
10-17-2007, 06:53 PM
For loose yes they must have the stand to be complete.

For me I didn't jump up and down with glee when i saw the stands, when I first saw the 25th I did go OMgosh these figures are fantastic gotta get them. My focus was more on the detailed new look than the stands, it was a nice touch however.

phillinley
10-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I agree they need the stands to be complete, but I don't like them too much. I like that they put a stand into the package, and I do appreciate that they thought of that, but the thing feels like a pedestal more than a stand. The stand should just blend into the shelf in my opinion. That's just what I'm used to.

GIJoeCollector
10-18-2007, 08:39 AM
For the 25th figs, I think they need the stands to be considered complete, but have never thought much about the stands from the earlier figs as I never kept them growing up.

That said, I don't really like the new stands much. I think the feel of the plastic is a little cheaper than they could have been, but what really gets me is the raised logo gets in the way of the foot when on the peg (more on the Joes than Cobras). I do think the stands were a good idea and I do really like having the names on them.

Oh yeah, anyone think it is strange to see Stormy with a Joe logo stand? I know he has swapped back and forth, but I ALWAYS considered him (especially the first 2 figs) to be Cobra. I don't have the 5 packs, so I'm talking about the single pack figure.

Dreadnok4life
10-18-2007, 07:23 PM
If anyone doesn't want their stands, or plan on throwning them away, please shoot me an email. I would be willing to buy them from you. I'm referring to the 25th stands, not the previous generic ones.

therobidentity
10-18-2007, 07:37 PM
...what really gets me is the raised logo gets in the way of the foot when on the peg (more on the Joes than Cobras). I do think the stands were a good idea and I do really like having the names on them.

This. They don't seem particularly cheap to me, but I'm not really scrutinizing them either. The one thing that bugs me is the raised Joe logo and the position of the peg makes standing figures difficult. Flint especially seems a bit wobbly.

I also like the personal touch though, and they are incomplete without it. The character's name is on it, thus it is theirs.