25th Anniversary Wave 5 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Wave 5

slim19722
10-18-2007, 12:19 PM
I know some were concerned about Destro's cape, here it is in all it's soft good glory,

DevilKing
10-18-2007, 01:08 PM
I think they look great. But I have to say, Hasbro seems to want to drive the repaints and main characters down our throats. If they're not careful, this is going to end up like the kind of disaster that was the relaunch of Masters of the Universe. 3 5-packs and five waves of figures and we already have almost a dozen different Storm Shadow's and Snake Eyes?

Snow Job truely Rocks!

Syna3sthesia
10-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Excellent figs! I cant wait to get them. But do we really need another Snake Eyes?

phillinley
10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
But do we really need another Snake Eyes?

I think even the greatest snake eyes enthusiast in the world might agree with you there at this point.

Super Sport
10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Am I missing something here? Looks like the same pic again. :confused:

Was the cape solid in another photo?

slim19722
10-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Am I missing something here? Looks like the same pic again. :confused:

Was the cape solid in another photo?

The pic's at the Con had Destro capeless, cuz Hasbro forgot to bring it, although at the slide presentation, there was a pic that had him with the cape.

TheReverend
10-18-2007, 05:19 PM
I think this wave rocks, I have 2 cases on preorder - I can handle a repaint SE to get all the other figs ;) good job Hasbro.

Super Sport
10-18-2007, 05:39 PM
IG/BLADE Destro's gonna lose his gold vac head, see, and donate it to a silver PDD's body. And in turn, the silver vac PDD's head will end up on a 5 pack Destro's body.

I dont know what I'll do with the 5 pack Destro head. Does COBRA have a "drama club"? Maybe CC so he can use it while doing "Hamlet"........

SNAKEspeare

Dreadnok4life
10-18-2007, 07:13 PM
I think even the greatest snake eyes enthusiast in the world might agree with you there at this point.

I am one of the greatest Snake Eyes enthusiasts. And I am burned out on all the Snake Eyes figures too. I have to say Wave 5 looks awesome.

mdp1212
10-18-2007, 08:06 PM
I am glad they made all the 5 pack figure on single cards since I realy didnt care for the five pack design I was always a fan of one figure one card

Ben Grimm
10-18-2007, 08:24 PM
I dont know what I'll do with the 5 pack Destro head. Does COBRA have a "drama club"? Maybe CC so he can use it while doing "Hamlet"........

I think I'm going to try flesh-toning one and adding some hair for a maskless Destro at some point.

Jbluez
10-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Excellent figs! I cant wait to get them. But do we really need another Snake Eyes?

You know what's weird? I saw all kinds of complaints on this very board that the 5 pack Snake Eyes was not black. I personally didn't care. Now, they are giving those fans exactly what they asked for, and surprise! More complaints.
Just saying. :cool:

Jbluez
10-19-2007, 06:08 AM
I am glad they made all the 5 pack figure on single cards since I realy didnt care for the five pack design I was always a fan of one figure one card

Looks like you got cheated out of the Baroness. :eek:

Jack
10-19-2007, 09:08 AM
They'll put her on a card eventually. I am also only buying carded figures from this line. The box sets just don't give me the same warm fuzzy feeling. :)
I am looking forward to the wave 5 figures more than any others right now. Flash is my favorite Joe and was my first 25 years ago. Snow Job and the CG look incredible. Destro looks good and I like the Snake Eyes repaint.

BMC
10-22-2007, 08:43 AM
IG Destro this sold the set for me they could have had repaints of all of wave 1 and i would still buy 2/3 cases of this ... (unless i found him in the store 1st) CG and SJ fn rock.

CobraGang
10-22-2007, 08:50 AM
That Snow Job looks crazy!! :eek:

Too bad I won't be able to find these in stores either. I haven't even seen wave 2 yet. Seen the new box set though. :\

karamazov80
10-22-2007, 08:58 AM
They'll put her on a card eventually.
I'm not so optimistic on this front. Baroness seems to be the most disliked figure from the 5 packs (personally, I don't mind her that much), and probably wouldn't sell very well as a single release. They may try a resculpt or something, but I think Hasbro will think twice before releasing the hated "hunchback" Baroness on a single card.

Regarding the Snake Eyes, I remember hearing a few complaints about Snake Eyes's color when the line was first coming out, but I don't recall people getting up in arms about it. Certainly not enough to warrant a separate single card release (after wave 4) of a completely black Snake Eyes. If Hasbro feels like they made a mistake making him too gray, then why they don't just release this black one with wave 4 I don't know.

Erick
10-22-2007, 10:01 AM
But do we really need another Snake Eyes?

Yeah I think we've had more than enough :mad:

But that won't keep me from buying this wave though (If I find it ;) ) so I'll probably sell him or whatever...There's no room for one more Snake Eyes in my collection! :p

djett
10-22-2007, 08:21 PM
geeze, another Snake Eyes!!

2LT VIPER
10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Great, now maybe the stupid, non-money making nimrods at hasblo will tease me with wave 5 and I have not seen hide nor hair of wave 2 and 3...however TRU s stocked with the first two waves and no one has single packs. 2 weeks from now my local wal-mart is scheduled to get 22 figures or something stupid like that. Way to get the product out hasblo.:mad:

great molds would love to buy them...hasbro has a conspiracy against people who want to spend their money with them!

BMC
10-23-2007, 07:19 AM
SE it seems to me that the repainting of SE 1 is a little much. what about the repainting of 25th v2 or use the head or retool 14 http://yojoe.com/action/02/snakeeyes14.shtml i liked the head sculpt hear, http://yojoe.com/action/02/snakeeyes10.shtml and i liked this 1 but i didnt like the tcrotch. if done right there can be good repaints. it dosent have to often like every case order of a new wave. im going to buy the set. but when it comes to a figure id rather see a new fig w/ the same name than a repaint.
but in the case of my other thread 1 BDNinja and 1 ninja viper and im cool.
now when it comes to wave 5 taleast we did get almost all new figures now that is what we are hopeing for ... i think hmmm does this mean all of the artic solders will be done like snow job?

BMC
10-23-2007, 08:09 AM
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=GIJoe%2F25th_Wave_5&pic=Iron_Grenadier_Destro.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

i read somewhere that somebody wasnt sure of the cape on destro i dont know if this will help or if this was the right board but we ca pass this around i hope.

mjgriffi
10-23-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm really looking forward to this wave - these are awesome!:D

Deogg
10-23-2007, 12:02 PM
My thoughts:
-Snake Eyes: ugh. Yet ANOTHER rehash. May as well do another Duke while they're at it. Oh well, if I snag this SE it's getting hung up MOC in the toy room
-Flash: Not bad. I always like seeing members of the original team getting their due, unless they're horrendously overdone (ie SE).
-Destro: Again, not bad. I see the potential for a LOT of loose gold head PDD's popping up though.
-Snow Job: WOW!!!!! Easily the best 25th Anniv. fig I've seen yet!
-CG: It's a 25th army builder, AND in crimson. I see a couple of these making it onto my shelf with the Crimson Army!