Who is most deserving of a 25th anniversary figure [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Who is most deserving of a 25th anniversary figure

freak4ll
10-21-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm wondering which characters you feel are the most deserving of a 25th anniversary figure... not who you want to see, but who deserves one based off Joe mythos. Please back up your list with some facts.

For me, I've been rewatching the entire cartoon run of GI Joe, both Sunbow and DIC. Although I'm still in the Sunbow episodes and only half way into those, so I still have a long way to go. Here is what I've come up with so far. Among those who don't already have a 25th anniversary figure...

Breaker deserves one. He's had lines in 21 of the cartoon episodes I've rewatched so far.

Wild Bill has had lines in 19 of them.

Ace 15, how I would love a cartoon accurate Ace!

Alpine 12

Cover Girl 10

Bazooka 10.

Eric Leavitt
10-21-2007, 12:37 PM
In terms of the original Sunbow cartoon, most charcters from 1982-1987 were featured somewhere. With 1984 featured prominently at first, then 1985, then 1986. The movie started the 1987 figures.

As the cartoon was conceived as a way to advertise the toys via a comic book deal with Marvel, I cannot say which characters are most deserving.

Look here (http://www.joeheadquarters.com/rollcall_index.shtml) and click on any name to see how in which episodes (how frequently) they were featured.

I say we need Starduster because of how famous the figure is and that he was made from Duke (or Recondo) parts and he would not be hard to make.

Zombie F-Body
10-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I know some people here hate them, but I feel the main movie characters should be made. Slaughter and his crew (heck, do the whole Marauder theme, Lady Jaye was one in the DIC series so repaint her for a boxed subset or some kind), the raw hides (Falcon, Tunnel Rat, Jinx, Law & Order, Chuckles, etc.), Cobra-La (Golobulous-with interchange bases, Pythona, Enforcer, etc.). Bring 'em on!

Eric Leavitt
10-21-2007, 05:08 PM
In G.I.Joe: The Movie, Taurus, Red Dog and Mercer are Slaughter's Renegades - The Maurauders were the Blue, Navy and Black colored repaints of Slaughter, Mutt, Barbeque, Spirit, Low Light, and Footloose plus the modified tanks.

I think Hasbro will do any characters featured prominently in public consciousness - namely those featured prominently in the old comic/toy animated commercials.

We will see see the original 13, Wild Bill, Ace, Torpedo and probably most from 1986.

GrenadierStinny
10-21-2007, 05:09 PM
If we were going to pick based on the cartoon favorites instead of original figure favorites, I'd actually like to see a 25th version of Cover Girl.

Eric Leavitt
10-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Check out this here: http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2044869.

This one is so good, I might try customizing myself.

GrenadierStinny
10-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Holy crap! That Cover Girl is spot on perfect!

Erick
10-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Interesting approach freak4all, putting aside my preferences the figures that really deserve a 25th treatment are IMHO:

Breaker
Alpine (recent versions suck)
Airtight (forgotten fig)
Spirit (same as alpine)

These are my choices for 'figure favorites', I don't want to get into 'cartoon favorites' though, there are plenty of candidates ;)

Stinker
10-21-2007, 10:19 PM
For me its gotta be :

1. Cross Country- Poor guy only got what 2 versions and both weren't too spectacular. Plus he was featured in the cartoon farily heavily. A nice 25th figure of him in his V1 togs would make up for it. Come on big H!
2. Wild Weasel- Great character prominently featured in the toons with only one figure in the vintage line to speak of.
3. Copperhead-just make him already.

Anyway, if any of these three get made I will be suprised, and happy too, but I'm not sure whether they'll see a 25 fig. Here's to hoping!

Currahee_Chris
10-22-2007, 02:17 PM
To me, hands down, either Grunt, Stalker (if they didn't do him already), Breaker or Steeler.

BMC
10-22-2007, 03:41 PM
i would love to see the 1st 13 done and i think we are almost there.
Breaker
grunt
rock n roll
clutch
steeler
zap
short-fuze

Erick
10-22-2007, 03:49 PM
And what about Sparks? the guy totally deserves a figure

CGC
10-22-2007, 04:52 PM
This might get a lot of jeers, but Pythona is the only Cobra-La character who hasn't had a figure yet, I think she deserves one. This might bring up posts about Biglob, but honestly what would he do - throw basketballs at people?!? Almost as subtle as a football on a chain ;) .

Pythona (& not BL)

(Just my opinion - not meant to berate any other pov's)

Random
10-22-2007, 06:55 PM
I have to agree with Airtight. He'd have some wicked accessories and his color scheme rocks. I'd like to toss in Wet Suit. Gotta have a diver and Torpedo was just kinda bland.

freak4ll
10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
That cover girl would be stinking awesome. Dusty also had a prominent role in a lot of the cartoon shows. He was in over a dozen of them. Looking at what they are doing with Snow Job, I can imagine how awesome a Dusty would be.

Shadow_Contact
10-23-2007, 12:56 AM
[quote=CGC]Almost as subtle as a football on a chain ;) .

quote]

What about some football grenades? (I'd rather have a Fridge than Grid Iron)

As For my Picks

Billy (So Needs a Figure)

Big Brawler (Dont know why But I like the figure kinda Overly Army, Like Gung-Ho is overly marine)

Ripcord

Iron Grenadier (Maybe close to the Spytroop sculpt but with a helmet)

Beach Head curses
10-23-2007, 04:55 AM
How about Snake Eyes? Have they made a Snake Eyes figure yet? They should think about doing a Storm Shadow figure, too.

Erick
10-23-2007, 09:49 AM
How about Snake Eyes? Have they made a Snake Eyes figure yet? They should think about doing a Storm Shadow figure, too.

And Cobra Commander? how could you forget about him? such an onverlooked figure...:rolleyes: :p

Zombie F-Body
10-23-2007, 10:19 AM
I agree with the original 13 sentiment. I wasn't collecting then, but I do want them. Beyond that, I think the special teams (Tiger Force, Python Patrol) are great boxed set fodder. We basically have a 5 man Tiger Force team (that excellent digibash someone posted sold me) and we'll have 3 Python Patrol grunts next year (throw in a Storm Shadow and CC to even out the set). I figure since a lot of people here don't really dig the special teams, they won't feel forced to buy a boxed set unless they really want it (unless your a completest).

What about a special mail-in boxed set? It wouldn't be a mail-in, just contain 25th sculpts of the old mail-in figures (SGT Slaughter, the Fridge, Super Trooper, etc.). The mail-ins were a big part of the ARAH line to me and I think they should be included.

Joebern28
10-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Ripcord could be a potentially awesome looking figure, with updated detailed accessories and the old school camo look. It couldbe a nice addition to this line.

Zombie, thats a good idea about the mail in offer. I had forgotten about some of those figures. That could be another nice nostalgic addition to this line, eventhhough IMO it seems some of those figures werent fan favorites.

freak4ll
10-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Grid-Iron was one of my favorites and he had a prominent role in the DIC series of GI joe mythos. In fact he was one of the main Joes in that series. Football grenades always seemed pretty cool to me.

YELSEW
10-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Although, I would love to say Dusty (my favorite Joe) and I would love to say Pythona (whom I hope they will make, I have to say Deep Six V1. I really would like an accurate figure of this one with articulation.

fireflys_apprentice
10-24-2007, 06:16 AM
ok ive got one everybody...prepair to oh and ah...how about one of cobra commanders appearence on transformers,i think they called hime snake or something,but it would be a coolmail away and cross over to hasbros other jugganaut,maybe it should come with a dvd of the epasode. Besides that I think a snake-eyes in ninja togs from his ninja training with storm shadows clan would be interesting,as long as its not a red ninja repaint

fireflys_apprentice
10-24-2007, 06:19 AM
no wait i got an even better idea,how about a box set of the red shadow from action force,the english version of joe,a couple of soldiers,a baron ironblood and his LT.,id buy it for the nestalgic vallue alone