New TRU exclusive Troop Builder 5 packs? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : New TRU exclusive Troop Builder 5 packs?

Abomb
10-22-2007, 01:50 PM
http://www.toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=12022

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but apparently TRU has some more nice exclusives planned for us....

Not too wild about the blue camo pattern, but the gray is quite nice.

TYPE*S*TOYS
10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
I am probably in the minority here but I dislike these very much. To me they look cheap and goofy. I much prefer the ARAH style figures over the 25th and beyond.

Currahee_Chris
10-22-2007, 02:13 PM
I'll snatch up one of each, I am sure. I dunno, a little hard to tell looking at the pics right now. The troop builder Cobra's might prove more cost effective than trying to buy some of the stand alone figs.

Jay West
10-22-2007, 02:18 PM
I am probably in the minority here but I dislike these very much. To me they look cheap and goofy. I much prefer the ARAH style figures over the 25th and beyond.

I think they look awesome! Love the variation on the troopers. I also like the more military SE. I really like the RAH for what they were. But they look dated when put next to the 25th. I use a mix of RAH, New Sculpts and 25th in my Joe Universe. Very few RAH make the cut, but some blend ok.

samluvsjoes
10-22-2007, 02:20 PM

I agree, though I do like the 25A figures. But the camo patterns look a bit sloppy. I'm hoping that this is just because they're painted prototypes and that the final product will look much better. Only time will tell.
Sam

Syna3sthesia
10-22-2007, 02:27 PM
I like the idea but why cammo the Cobra logo???? Why!!!

BMC
10-22-2007, 03:18 PM
is it me or was this last min paint apps. done just for show and tell or are they going to be painted this badly?

TheReverend
10-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Love all the 25th so far, but I'm sort of meh on these... I doubt I'll buy them...

TristanH72
10-22-2007, 05:10 PM
I do like the snake eyes. I am hoping the paint job on the troops is better tho.

Random
10-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I'm sure these are just slapped together prototypes.

djett
10-22-2007, 08:07 PM

I don't know if its a minority or not but I'm with you. I have the wave 1 joe 5 pack, C.C., S.E. and S.S. single packs and they look too....lets say gangly, for lack of a better word. I own them simply because I feel I owe it to the line. I havn't been able to fork over the 30 bucks for the Cobra 5 pack yet. they just leave me a little cold.

MWG
10-23-2007, 10:53 AM
The Snake-Eyes is kinda interesting, and with a head swap could be made into a few different characters. No real feeling on the red ninjas.

The Night watch set looks nice, actually. Good rank filler, could use another officer somewhere tho. The DTC night watch figures had camo pants and solid shirts, these have solid pants and camo shirts. If we could just get a version in all camo...

+-MWG-+

mjgriffi
10-23-2007, 11:38 AM
I like the cobra trooper night ops set, but not the ninja set (I'm anti Ninja).

I hope they do a standard cobra trooper army builder set.

AmbroseKalifornia
10-24-2007, 07:11 AM
The Red ninjas are going to get the new Red Ninja head, right? The cool one with horns? Looking at the paint app quality, I'm guessing (hoping) prototypes, but I still think that Snake-Eyes looks awful.

I think the Cobra Night Watch is a big step in the right direction for guys who like army building. I really, really like the idea of four grunts and a squad leader. I wish the red ninja pack had no Snakes, though. Maybe Firefly instead?

code red shockwave
10-24-2007, 01:47 PM
I kinda like the Troopers, but not enough for me to shell more than $25 to the pack. I definitely would rather get the COBRA Legions 5-pack than this one.

DPrime
10-24-2007, 01:53 PM
I really dislike the camo. It's not the idea I hate, I just don't think these things really look well.

They should have gone with just normal blue, with a few changes to distinguish them from the original versions, or maybe all black or something.

YELSEW
10-24-2007, 06:10 PM
I will probaby pick up both of them, just for the same reason another member said, to support the line. I keep dreaming they will release the GI Joe movie in a DVD pack with Pythona! One day.

XtremeWRATH360
10-24-2007, 06:16 PM
I like the design for the Night Watch set and do plan on picking it up, the Ninja set though im unsure of.

danyanda
10-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Meh, the 25th figures are nice, but they haven't held my attention for very long. Its a shame that I can't shell out $100 bucks a figure to the Collector's Club as it seems that they are the only ones making 3 3/4" Joes anymore.

karamazov80
10-24-2007, 08:05 PM
maybe all black or something.

That's what I was thinking. I would buy all black troopers, not those garish blue-black camo troops. Hopefully Hasbro will reconsider the paint apps before production begins.

Derek2783
10-25-2007, 12:50 AM
HASBRO. LISTEN UP. WE WANT 4 BLUE COBRA TROOPERS WITH RED LOGOS, AND ONE OFFICER IN A 5-PACK WITH A RED COBRA SOUNDBOX.

All in favor say "Aye".

ridetofight
10-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Aye!

Once again, hasbro's got a great idea with horrible execution. and by horrible, i mean it seems like they don't care. when have cobra troopers ever appeared like this? and when has anyone ever worn a camo shirt with plain pants?

Derek2783
10-25-2007, 01:03 PM
and when has anyone ever worn a camo shirt with plain pants?

The late 80's/Early 90's were a bad time for everyone man... ;)

Shadow_Contact
10-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Aye!

Camo? camo for what so they can stand between a H.I.S.S. and an A.S.P.?

Chris L
10-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Green painted troopers would sell better than the proposed set now.

Jay West
10-25-2007, 06:35 PM
HASBRO. LISTEN UP. WE WANT 4 BLUE COBRA TROOPERS WITH RED LOGOS, AND ONE OFFICER IN A 5-PACK WITH A RED COBRA SOUNDBOX.

All in favor say "Aye".

Gotta disagree. Between the two Cobra 5 packs and the carded Trooper and Officer, I look forwarded to a different take on the mold.

stad
10-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Gotta disagree. Between the two Cobra 5 packs and the carded Trooper and Officer, I look forwarded to a different take on the mold.

I understand what you're saying, but people do want a way to army build some regular Cobra troopers and officers, and so far, the regular trooper was only in the first 5 pack. Nobody wants to buy twenty 5 packs just to get 20 Cobra troopers.

But, Hasbro did say the regular Cobra trooper would be out on a single card. Just not soon enough!

willie&joe
10-26-2007, 01:26 AM

I'll say "aye" to that. I think these 5-packs both look great.

Erick
10-26-2007, 01:40 AM
Another "Aye" here too, a few things could be improved though...

My thoughts exactly

newwavepop
10-26-2007, 04:10 AM
well ive never been a fan of camo i just dont like how it looks,which i think is one reason i thought cobra looked so cool when i was a kid.
now as an adult of course i know it doesnt make much sense for cobra to wear blue on the battlefield or bright red just like it doesnt make sense for stormtroopers to wear white,but since its just a fantasy world i still prefer the cool dress uniform over camo.
and something i dislike evem more is half camo! joe does it fairly often and i have never understood it.i personally dont like the beach head figure partially forthis same reason.
and it confuses me even more because its blue camo and gray camo where do you hide in camo that color?

but i figure at least it looks like they have a black base so i will have a very easy time customizing a uk hunter figure which i really want.

CobraGang
10-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Those 5 packs suck badly. Don't want any of those. :p It's almost like they didn't even try.

I will be getting those Target exclusives though. Those are nice. At least I have something new to look forward to getting soon. :D

CobraGang
10-26-2007, 07:53 AM
I wanna' see the box art for the Target exclusives. I'm really looking forward to 'em. Anybody knows how long until we see those??

.......And I'm really starting to HATE Snake Eyes. :mad: