Target stores and 25th Ann. prices...$7.99?? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Target stores and 25th Ann. prices...$7.99??

Bermuda Mohawk
10-22-2007, 08:11 PM
I did my rounds the other day and found nothing in terms of figures of course. Needing only Flint, Firefly and Zartan, I'm hopeful I'll see them plentiful on the pegs, but realistic enough that I'm know I'm gonna have a hard time. Much to my dismay, I not only didn't find the guys I needed, but I found that one of my Target stores has listed new shelf talker tags reading that the figures are $7.99! This is not how it read before, they had read $5.99. My other Target still has the tag that reads $5.99, with a small note saying "11-15." Does this mean no more stock will be in till the 15th of November? Will waves from now on cost me $7.99 at the one store? Does anybody know if Target stores work like that? Or are prices fixed nationwide.

It's bad enough that Toys R Us had higher prices, but if Target moves up, it will make them the most expensive place to find the toys. I don't have luck at the Wal Mart stores near me, 2 don't even stock Joe merch. This could be a huge blow to my 25th collecting.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b261/bermudamohawk/25thann101907.jpg

Lody
10-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Two packs-three packs perhaps?

ridetofight
10-22-2007, 09:26 PM
i don't know what 11/15 meant, as stores only know hours in advance what they're getting. the dpci (item number) is different from the regular single carded figures. its not uncommon for a single store to change their price dependent on the competition in the area, but usually its a mark down. and when price changes do occur, as far as i know, the dpci stays the same. i'll try to dig into it a little deeper and report back here.

r07a23c
10-22-2007, 09:48 PM
When Wave 1 was coming out, I found one Target that had them for $7.99. Having read here that they were expected to be cheaper at Wal-Mart, I passed on them (I couldn't find them at any of the Wal-Marts nearby for a couple of weeks, then found them at a Sears, of all places, paniced, and bought them for $5.99 each). Funny thing, a few weeks later the Target on my side of town got them and had them on the shelf for $5.99. I haven't been to the $7.99 Target since, so I don't know if that's what they're still charging.

Dean
10-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Yea, I have seen the $7.99 price tag over on the West Coast of Florida...

I also see the grey stickers that say 10/15 and 11/15. I went to the stores on 10-15 and 10-16, and they didn't have ANYTHING stocked... so I don't know what the **** it means...

TEKWRX
10-22-2007, 10:18 PM
My Target always had the $7.99 price up, so I never bought any there. One day they had a black Timber Snake-Eyes there, so I had to get it. It rang up at the register $5.99 though. Weird.

Shadow_Contact
10-23-2007, 12:49 AM
My Target always had the $7.99 price up, so I never bought any there. One day they had a black Timber Snake-Eyes there, so I had to get it. It rang up at the register $5.99 though. Weird.

Same here target in Bend has had the $7.99 tags up the whole time but they scan at the register for $5.99.

samluvsjoes
10-23-2007, 07:07 AM
It's a method to discourage scalpers. Target is trying to help us collectors out. Yooooooooo Joooooooooooooe!:p :rolleyes: ;)
Sam

Zombie F-Body
10-23-2007, 10:07 AM
I'll give you whatever you want, just get the bloody things on the pegs! I see my Target has the same 4 pegs (2 of which are filled with Star Wars Legends), but the price is still the same ($5.99) and they all have the grey tags.

I don't really mind an increase (it's still a good deal considering I'm getting them for around $8-$9 on eBay), but I just feel that this is bad mojo for Target. They never have a product but raise the price on them? It's kind of like how TRU jacked the price of their AT-AT walker a good 20 bucks just because it proved popular (I'm surprised they didn't do a similar thing for their exclusive Soundwave; they could have easily gotten $50 for those). Again, I don't really mind it, it just seems a little too local comic storish for my tastes. I totally understand and agree with the concept of supply and demand, but the total lack of awareness and planning isn't really the consumers fault, and if you want to use the slidding price scale on popular and HTF retail items, at least have them on hand for us.

GBPackRat
10-23-2007, 10:44 AM
$5.99 on Saturday here in Madison, WI.

Tanner

Deogg
10-23-2007, 12:11 PM
The Targets around me have all had them for $5.99 each.

Cobraviper72
10-23-2007, 12:39 PM
$5.99 Monday here in Columbus, Ohio.