25th Anniversary Big Lob?? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Big Lob??

CobraGang
10-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Anyone else believes he deserves a 25th figure? I sure do.

Who's comin' with me on this?? *in Jerry Maguire stance*

Royal Guard
10-23-2007, 07:49 AM
I would like to have him and pythona in a future assortment.

cmderinchief
10-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Ugh...well after many many many other figures. :D

Syna3sthesia
10-23-2007, 09:22 AM
I would say no. Waste of plastic!

Erick
10-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Yes, but it's not a priority

statesofeuphoria
10-23-2007, 11:22 AM
I would say no. Waste of plastic!

My feelings exactly. There are so many others I would want to see before this Harlem Globetrotter reject gets made.

mjgriffi
10-23-2007, 11:33 AM
I'd like to see other characters given figures before Big Lob.

Jay West
10-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Eh...I'd probably buy it.

Deogg
10-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Big Lob needs a figure period. Ditto for Pythona.

Katzenbogen
10-23-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm pretty laid back about stuff, but I always thought Big Lob was kind of a disgrace to african americans. One of the all-time great simpsons moments involving Carl comes to mind, but seriously could they have at least tried a little bit with Big Lob--I mean thinking outside the box a little? He's black and he's dressed in a basketball uniform and carries a basketball around, even though he's in the army? What does basketball have to do with the military? It's ridiculous. Stereotypes usually don't bother me and I try not to take stuff like that too seriously, but it would be a total waste. Big Lob is about the last character I'd want made into a 25th sculpt.

TheReverend
10-23-2007, 04:34 PM
I gota say yes - it's been a while since we had a sports related Joe and biglob needs some love

stad
10-23-2007, 05:24 PM
I'd rather they made a good character instead. Not necessarily an established character, but a new character all together, just better than Lob. I really gotta agree with most of the negative things said above about him. There were a lot of dumb characters in the different cartoons, and even comics, that don't have or deserve a figure, and this is just another of those.

While we're (kinda) on the subject, please Hasbro, if you do Bazooka, please NO football/sports jersey for a uniform!! These ARE figures of a military unit, let's not get too carried away.

Anyway, I'd rather see yet another SE/CC/SS repaint (they're coming anyways) than Big Lob.

Super Sport
10-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

gunslingercbr
10-23-2007, 05:51 PM
yes! not only for the figure, but I want some Big Lob vintage style card art!

GI Joanne
10-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Sorry guys but whats a BigLobb?

gunslingercbr
10-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Sorry guys but whats a BigLobb?
Big Lob is that tall, dark and dreamy Joe from the movie between Tunnel Rat and Jinx:
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/e/ef/180px-GiJoeMovie_Rawhides.jpg

YELSEW
10-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I think he needs a figure too. But, Pythona is more important.

CGC
10-23-2007, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't buy one, & if they made that fig before any of the others that frequently turn up on wish-lists I'd be disappointed. I never was a fan of sports-Joes, & this seems to me like the most ridiculous one of the lot.

There could be enough support out there that Biglob would have a chance, people are posting about him & a desire for a fig fairly regularly. Posts looking forward to this fig are just as common as posts wanting figs like Dr. Venom, Billy, Wraith, Pythona, & a handful of others. It looks like there could be generally plenty of support, but I wouldn't be at all interested in it.

yojoebro82
10-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Who's comin' with me on this??

Man, I'n not just comin' with you, I'm paying for your gas! :)

Big Lob is no longer just a cartoon Joe. He's officially I member in the comic as well. He showed up on the cover of America's Elete #25 and, in the most recent issue, showed that he was on assignment in Africa along with five other Joes. Cartoon, comic, last stop: action figure!

LOCAL
10-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Sure why not, I think he's better then any of the cobra la characters.

The Mad Bubbler
10-24-2007, 12:10 AM
Sure, I'd like to see a figure made of him. Would he be one of my top choices? No. Are there many other figures that deserve to be made before him? Yes, in my opinion. But I'd still like to see a figure of him, and I'd definitely buy it.

gunslingercbr
10-24-2007, 12:17 AM
While we're (kinda) on the subject, please Hasbro, if you do Bazooka, please NO football/sports jersey for a uniform!! These ARE figures of a military unit, let's not get too carried away.

you can't do Bazooka without his jersey -- that is his look. what are you suggesting, he be done in his safari v.3 look, or his padded VvV design. that would be like saying if they make Frostbite, they should do him in his VvV or JvC design, not his bearded v.1 version. or Airborne should be in his Spy Troops design, not his v.1. certain characters have definitive looks, and that is the design they should follow, and Bazooka in his jersey is definitely his look.

rea1180
10-24-2007, 09:11 AM
I would like to see a biglob figure even though Im not a fan of his. For those of you who don't like him how do you fee about bazooka and one of my least favorites sgt slaughter...ugh.

stad
10-25-2007, 12:20 AM
you can't do Bazooka without his jersey -- that is his look. what are you suggesting, he be done in his safari v.3 look, or his padded VvV design. that would be like saying if they make Frostbite, they should do him in his VvV or JvC design, not his bearded v.1 version. or Airborne should be in his Spy Troops design, not his v.1. certain characters have definitive looks, and that is the design they should follow, and Bazooka in his jersey is definitely his look.

Yeah, I know what you're saying, and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you (especially about Frostbite!), I guess I just never cared for the football jersey. I always thought it was silly, or even downright stupid. Well, silly anyways. It's just too over the top for me. But I guess I'm not sure the VvV version is better either. Military wise, definitely. Character wise, I don't know.