Finnally.. my very first 25th Ann. figure! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Finnally.. my very first 25th Ann. figure!

Cobra-Loyalist
10-23-2007, 10:24 AM
I finnally have a 25th ann. figure, and get this, I payed $4.88 for it at my local Wal-Mart. :D Not the $7-$12 a piece they were going for online by greedy dealers.. (haha!) Nope, I decided to wait it out and finnally my Wal-Mart carries them, although they only had the hooded Cobra Commander (and 2 of them) I didn't care, I was just so excited to see them on the pegs that I bought them both.. 1 for loose display, the other I'm keeping MOSC, and it's already placed on the wall w/ all my other MOSC figures.

I realize most of you (lucky) collectors out there have dozens of the 25th figures already, but I'm just happy to have my 2. :) Now if only they'd get more of them in at my Wal-Mart, then I'd be even happier, and might buy them all, or 1 of each figure atleast. :D

- CL

GBPackRat
10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
I felt very much the same way this last weekend when I found one of each from wave 2 and almost all of wave 1 stopping by a Target. I'd been searching for them for a few months now and didn't think I'd ever run into them.

Saturday was a very good morning for me.

Tanner

Cobra-Loyalist
10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I wish I had your kind of luck.. lol! I think the 25th hooded Cobra Commander I bought is from wave 2 (not sure though).

- CL

Dirk Diggler
10-23-2007, 10:31 AM
I just started to collect the 25th anniversary figures as well! Today I bought my first figure, Beachhead! :)
First, I didn't like the figures, but now I find some of them very nice!
And I don't think we'll see very much ARAH figures in the future, so I decided to collect the 25th figs!

code red shockwave
10-23-2007, 10:37 AM
No luck at Target...so instead of playing the patience game, i'm going to find the ones I want online. So far I only have the 25th Anniversary wave 1 COBRA 5-pack.

GBPackRat
10-23-2007, 10:43 AM
I just started to collect the 25th anniversary figures as well! Today I bought my first figure, Beachhead! :)
First, I didn't like the figures, but now I find some of them very nice!
And I don't think we'll see very much ARAH figures in the future, so I decided to collect the 25th figs!

I was very much the same way. I wasn't a big fan of the new figures 6 months ago, but after seeing them in person, my opinion has changed...

I think most of them are really well done. Much better than their attempts with JvC and DTC.

Tanner

Dirk Diggler
10-23-2007, 10:49 AM
I was very much the same way. I wasn't a big fan of the new figures 6 months ago, but after seeing them in person, my opinion has changed...

I think most of them are really well done. Much better than their attempts with JvC and DTC.

Yeah, right! When I saw them for the first time I thought they all look like they are wearing diapers, especially Cobra Commander! But now I find them very appealing

Jay West
10-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah, right! When I saw them for the first time I thought they all look like they are wearing diapers, especially Cobra Commander! But now I find them very appealing

Diapers or the figures...:p

stad
10-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Congratulations! I'm glad you were able to find something, at least!

I'm not sure what you mean by "greedy dealers" when you say $7-12 though. Although I am not/have not sold any of these, I think you would be hard pressed to say $7-8 is being greedy. Considering most places the figures are $5.99 + tax, $.20 - .40 to list them, and about the same final value fees, "dealers" would be about breaking even at $7-8 assuming they are only paying for gas for one trip, and they get paid via money order and don't have to pay PayPal fees.

slim19722
10-23-2007, 05:12 PM
I've been pretty lucky to have gotten Waves 2&3 from WM for 4.88 and the first 2, 5-packs for 24.99. Target had waves 1&2 for 5.99, got my Black Timber from there. Got the Legion 5-pack today at TRU for 29.99 and got it cuz who knows when I'll see it again(saw it at WM for 24.99, but had to pass to get wave 3 singles). Once I get Flint & Zartan, I'll be caught up, for the moment.

goodguyswearblack9
10-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Diapers or the figures...:p

He wasn't very clear on that.

samluvsjoes
10-23-2007, 08:12 PM
I like diapers too.
I thought the same about the Joes wearing diapers. Then when I finally got some of the figures, I fell in love with the figures. I still think the RAH figures are the best, but with a few more improvements (that Hasbro is reportedly doing) these figures could be just as good (if not better!) as the RAH guys.
Sam