When they DO make another Snake Eyes... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : When they DO make another Snake Eyes...

Jbluez
10-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Ok, this is a sore subject for many of you. :P The fact remains, that when wave one is no longer available, there will still be people coming in new to the line, and they will want Snake Eyes. In order to make money you have to have him available to sell. Be that as it may, here is the point I'm trying to make:

Let's give Snake eyes some cool variety that we might actually *want* to purchase. How about a new version of "Viet Nam Snake Eyes"?

Other variants could include civilian snake eyes with his messed up face, either the original (http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe93.shtml), or after his new face got burned with charcoal (http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe95.shtml). give him swappable heads with the rubber mask he used to wear, or the battle mask! :D

DPrime
10-24-2007, 04:56 AM
Well, I wouldn't mind terribly a V3 Snake Eyes, or a totally redone V2. The winter version from the comics was pretty cool too.

fireflys_apprentice
10-24-2007, 05:55 AM
yeh i am getting tired of the only variation being slightly lighter coloring.hmm...should i get the black or the grey...how about one in ninja togs from when he was training with storm shadows clan?

Syna3sthesia
10-24-2007, 07:44 AM
There is always Evil bay, whoever is interested in acquiring SE can find him there as well as the so hard to find Snake Eyes with Burrito Launcher Special!

gunslingercbr
10-24-2007, 10:17 AM
The fact remains, that when wave one is no longer available, there will still be people coming in new to the line, and they will want Snake Eyes.

that is why Snake Eyes is also available with wave 2 and 3, not just wave 1, is coming in the comic pack, 5 pack, and getting a v.1 re-release in single carded form which will undoubtedly be shipped as well in future waves.. you have just shown why Hasbro has released him with every wave, not that Hasbro needs to make another version.

mizak23
10-24-2007, 10:39 AM
I actually want a V4 Snake Eyes, I love the later molds.

slim19722
10-24-2007, 11:56 AM
On one of the other boards, some mentioned that at the Con, during the Hasbro Q & A, they said they "have to find a way" to include Snake Eyes in every wave. Snake Eyes in ninja training gear could be the Red Ninja (w/pointy top mask) repainted black & gray, and he would look as he appeared in the Marvel run of Snake Eye's origin.

stad
10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I don't remember hearing that at the con. I do know they want him available for a good amount of time. Honestly, I would rather see them just continue shipping the same one or two (at one per case) for a longer amount of time (say, in 2-3 out of 4-6 waves) than to continually release new versions.

Continually releasing new versions is actually counter-productive to what they say they want. The completists will clean out any new ones, and there will not be a SE available for kids to pick up on the shelf. If you carry the same one or two forward for most of the waves in a year, the completists will leave the SE and kids/parents will be able to find him. Plus, we won't be getting burnt out on the 20th version of SE.

quintonarledge
10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I really like Snake-Eyes, but it would be great if they didn't make anymore SE figures for the next 5 years, but IF THEY DID, I'd like to see a WWII style Snake-Eyes like the one Jae Lee designed for that Dreamwave Transformer/GI Joe crossover a few years back.

29thLetsGoJoe
10-24-2007, 01:28 PM
How about a vehicle with Snake Eyes and Quinn. I belive it was like a pink Cadillac and Snake Eyes had a cowboy hat on he won from some dudes when he and Quinn were looking for that nasty mad scientist. That is a future kit-bash I plan on doing, unless Hasbro beats me to it.

gunslingercbr
10-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Continually releasing new versions is actually counter-productive to what they say they want. The completists will clean out any new ones, and there will not be a SE available for kids to pick up on the shelf. If you carry the same one or two forward for most of the waves in a year, the completists will leave the SE and kids/parents will be able to find him. Plus, we won't be getting burnt out on the 20th version of SE.
good point. that, and I can live with repacks of SE's -- that doesn't take budget away from producing new figures. but making a new SE's would, and I would prefer to see new characters instead of a new SE's when an old SE's accomplishes the same of keeping the character on the shelf.

let them pack in the black v.1 single carded version for a few waves, and when that is old, do a black v.2 on single card and let that last through 2008. problem solved.

Jbluez
10-24-2007, 02:24 PM
that is why Snake Eyes is also available with wave 2 and 3, not just wave 1, is coming in the comic pack, 5 pack, and getting a v.1 re-release in single carded form which will undoubtedly be shipped as well in future waves.. you have just shown why Hasbro has released him with every wave, not that Hasbro needs to make another version.

My point remains the same. Release him in every wave, just do a version that is interesting. Like vietnam or first appearance or unmasked or something.

gunslingercbr
10-24-2007, 04:03 PM
My point remains the same. Release him in every wave, just do a version that is interesting. Like vietnam or first appearance or unmasked or something.
Hasbro doesn't need a new Snake Eyes with every wave, just a Snake Eyes with every wave. why waste resources on a new Snake Eyes that would go to new figures of new characters when they could simply repack the same Snake Eyes figure, as they have been doing?

which is the worst scenario? packing in an old Snake Eyes at the detriment of just packing a second figure of a new figure, or getting a new Snake Eyes with every wave and one less new character? I think the latter. nobody is really complaining that SE's is in every wave now, but they will if he is made a new figure at the expense of other characters. right now, the extra Snake Eyes aren't affecting the creation of new characters, but your scenario does.

Jbluez
10-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Hasbro doesn't need a new Snake Eyes with every wave, just a Snake Eyes with every wave. why waste resources on a new Snake Eyes that would go to new figures of new characters when they could simply repack the same Snake Eyes figure, as they have been doing?

which is the worst scenario? packing in an old Snake Eyes at the detriment of just packing a second figure of a new figure, or getting a new Snake Eyes with every wave and one less new character? I think the latter. nobody is really complaining that SE's is in every wave now, but they will if he is made a new figure at the expense of other characters. right now, the extra Snake Eyes aren't affecting the creation of new characters, but your scenario does.

Perhaps you do have a point. Retooling a new snake eyes might take away from new versions of other guys. (Personally, I would rather have one of those than Psyche out, raptor or pythona.)

As far as "nobody is really complaining that SE's is in every wave now".
You seem to be making things up. Or you aren't paying attention. Do a search for Snake eyes.

gunslingercbr
10-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Perhaps you do have a point. Retooling a new snake eyes might take away from new versions of other guys. (Personally, I would rather have one of those than Psyche out, raptor or pythona.)

As far as "nobody is really complaining that SE's is in every wave now".
You seem to be making things up. Or you aren't paying attention. Do a search for Snake eyes.
I am not making anything up. it is called context. sure, there are a few complaints about him being packed in every wave, but hardly enough to warrant what could be considered actual criticism or dissatisfaction with the practice, which is what such a blanket statement implies. you want to hear complaining, have Hasbro enact your idea of sculpting a new Snake Eyes for every wave in place of a new character, as opposed to packing an old Snake Eyes in every wave in place of multiples of another figure. your idea will cause for more complaining than just the practice of shipping Snake Eyes with every wave to keep the character on the shelf.

having Snake Eyes in every wave isn't about releasing multiple versions of Snake Eyes, so making a new version is just silly.

Jbluez
10-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I am not making anything up. it is called context. sure, there are a few complaints about him being packed in every wave, but hardly enough to warrant what could be considered actual criticism or dissatisfaction with the practice,

I disagree.

YELSEW
10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
I am here to say I have had enough of Snake Eyes. Too many versions. There are way to many other figures that need a second version or first versinon completed. Don't get me wrong, I like Snakes as much as the rest, but I am a little burned out with him.

Jbluez
10-24-2007, 06:10 PM
I am here to say I have had enough of Snake Eyes. Too many versions. There are way to many other figures that need a second version or first versinon completed. Don't get me wrong, I like Snakes as much as the rest, but I am a little burned out with him.

The evidence just keeps piling up.

stad
10-25-2007, 12:12 AM
I am not making anything up. it is called context. sure, there are a few complaints about him being packed in every wave, but hardly enough to warrant what could be considered actual criticism or dissatisfaction with the practice, which is what such a blanket statement implies. you want to hear complaining, have Hasbro enact your idea of sculpting a new Snake Eyes for every wave in place of a new character, as opposed to packing an old Snake Eyes in every wave in place of multiples of another figure. your idea will cause for more complaining than just the practice of shipping Snake Eyes with every wave to keep the character on the shelf.

having Snake Eyes in every wave isn't about releasing multiple versions of Snake Eyes, so making a new version is just silly.

I have to agree with this. There would definitely be more complaining if it was like VvV, with a different SE in every wave. Sure, there is complaining now, but it's nothing like the uproar of 8-10 different SE a year would cause. The one version being carried forward does cause some griping, but that's people that disagree with Hasbro's theory that SE needs to always be available. That griping would increase tenfold if there were constantly new versions, taking away resources from other characters. It would also increase if the current practice of carrying forward the same figure starts resulting in many SE's clogging the pegs. Right now, that's not an issue. Sure, they are usually some of the last ones to leave, but they do leave, and usually within a few days.

stad
10-25-2007, 12:15 AM

I think YELSEW was agreeing more with gunslinger than you on this point. He's also saying we don't need more versions of SE. Sure, we're all pretty much burnt out on SE, but if he does "need" to be available, let's not keep doing new versions of him constantly.

slim19722
10-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Well the thing to remeber is, Hasbro said when they make a figure, they also check to see what other characters they can make from that mold. Snake Eyes v1 also made SE v2, Stalker, Hawk, and probably any other character that can use that mold. A new SE probably won't happen any time soon, unless they can make a different character from the mold.

Jbluez
10-25-2007, 02:33 AM
I think YELSEW was agreeing more with gunslinger than you on this point. He's also saying we don't need more versions of SE. Sure, we're all pretty much burnt out on SE, but if he does "need" to be available, let's not keep doing new versions of him constantly.

I was kind of referring to the point where he was saying people aren't really complaining that much about Snake eyes being in every wave. All the evidence on this board points to the contrary. New snake eyes release = complaints. Every time. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one!

gunslingercbr
10-25-2007, 02:38 AM
you're really reaching at this point. I don't know if you were on board for the five years of the new sculpt run that saw the incessant releases of Duke or SE's in two packs and multi-sets. that was a completely different scenario than now and received a different level of complaining the makes the grumblings of the 25th SE's almost non-existent. that's what I mean by context, not that there is absolutely no complaints. regardless, your solution to people not wanting to see SE's continually repacked that Hasbro instead actually make a new SE's at the expense of other characters is just ludicrous.

Jbluez
10-25-2007, 03:54 AM
you're really reaching at this point. I don't know if you were on board for the five years of the new sculpt run that saw the incessant releases of Duke or SE's in two packs and multi-sets. that was a completely different scenario than now and received a different level of complaining the makes the grumblings of the 25th SE's almost non-existent. that's what I mean by context, not that there is absolutely no complaints. regardless, your solution to people not wanting to see SE's continually repacked that Hasbro instead actually make a new SE's at the expense of other characters is just ludicrous.

I already conceeded that point earlier.

I just thought it might be cool to have a snake eyes that wasn't already released. Guess I was wrong.

I'm done with this. Enjoy.

CGC
10-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Play nice. (http://forums.yojoe.com/faq.php?faq=allboards#faq_playnice) :)

Obviously nobody has gone too far, but it looks like this is getting a little tense. Remember, everybody has their own perspectives, & these are just toys.

gunslingercbr
10-25-2007, 12:27 PM

I just thought it might be cool to have a snake eyes that wasn't already released. Guess I was wrong.

no hard feelings, man. I think most of us do agree with you that we could live without SE's in every wave, which means a new SE's in every wave isn't the solution. that is all. having one repacked in every wave isn't as big a deal to the community as you may believe it to be, especially when you consider since Hasbro wants him in every wave the only other solution would be your proposal, which if not a repacked version, would be sculpting a new one at the expense of other characters. creating a new SE's doesn't solve the problem of eliminating him from every wave, it actually makes it worse. that is why my opinion is that repacking him isn't a big deal to the community, and overall, nobody is really complaining about it.

stad
10-25-2007, 12:30 PM

Yeah, I seen that. And you are not wrong either, when it is time to change up whatever SE is in the rotation, it would be cool to get something new. I'm in total agreement with you there, the necessary V1 and V2 being done, let's get something new. Let's just not rush it!:)
Myself, I would be happy, if they really need to keep SE in circulation, for them to carry forward V.1 and then V.2 throughout at least fall of next year, then they can introduce another one. I just want them to spread out the new incarnations that they do.

MikePrime
10-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Unless the Snake Eyes is different from on that I already have, I won't buy them. It's as simple as that. I don't care if Hasbro has to put one Snake Eyes or the other in future waves of figures.

YELSEW
10-26-2007, 09:20 AM
I don't care if Snakes has to be released in every wave either. If it is different, I will buy. If it is the same, I will pass.

Jay West
10-26-2007, 11:34 AM
I actually agree with the original post that if we have to get Snake Eyes I would like to get new and interesting versions. The New Scuplts were all basically how can we update Black Spandex - boring and annoying. I would love to see versions that included undercover as a Cobra, dressed as a Ninja, Regular Army issued fatigues, diving gear etc...but I also agree that this isn't going to happen. We will continue to get small tweaks to the existing molds which is ok too - this means everyone can get a SE and I don't have to worry about tracking the newest one down. But if and when we do get a new mold, I would love for it be something other than an updated black spandex suit.

Harrison
10-27-2007, 05:27 AM
Hopefully SE finally gets offed. I'm so sick of the figure. My god.:eek: