25th ann figures and movie figures. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 25th ann figures and movie figures.

kennywr22
10-26-2007, 04:09 PM
So i was just wondering since they plan to start shooting the movie in Feb. but it's not coming till summer 2009. Now i remember reading from the con news about getting 25th figures through 2008 then the movie and who knows. But really we have another 6 months or so past that till we see a movie so do you think we will get lucky and keep on getting new stuff till then? I know no one can probably answer this but i want to know. I don't want this line to stop to get a bunch of movie tie-ins stuff. Don't get me wrong i hope this movie is great and it better be but i want this style (25th) to keep going!!

Erick
10-26-2007, 04:23 PM
But really we have another 6 months or so past that till we see a movie so do you think we will get lucky and keep on getting new stuff till then?

I asked this at the Hasbro Q&A thread (http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=51792).

That's what most people want, personally I think that if Hasbro continues doing repaints and even more versions of figures that already have been done 15-20 times, then it's maybe time to stop...

stad
10-26-2007, 05:03 PM
I think they said at the con that any movie figs would be 25th style.

Personally, I'm dreading the movie. If it does get made, I'm afraid it really will be a disappointment, especially if there is any truth to any of the multitude of rumors out there. I hope I'm wrong, the X-Men movies turned out mostly all right, and I was afraid they would suck too. I'm just really worried the Joe movie will be a real stink-bomb like the cartoon movie was.

newwavepop
10-27-2007, 09:15 AM
i was 10 in 82 when the line started and i dont know why me and my friends loved it but we just thought it was cool.the thing is i have never read the comics and barely watched the cartoon we basically made it all up for ourselves.
so i dont really care about the movie which i honestly dont see anyway that it could be good and not a letdown.
i just want to keep getting the cool joe figures, and thata something else i think the film is just going to ruin.everytime they do this with a cartoon or comic its lame.making the figures look like actors from the film instead of the characters we all like.

freak4ll
10-27-2007, 09:43 AM
The movie characters will probably be the more recognized joes that are already being introduced through the 25th anniversary figures. So I figure we will already have the versions we remember from our youth. The extra movie figures will probably be based off the actors, but we'll already have the ones from our youth - so I don't see it as too big of a deal. Of course they could have some characters not yet given to us in the 25th line as well, that could be a problem, but either way - we are looking at more Joe toys that short time ago seemed dead. Besides, what if... the movie is awesome and becomes a new standard along with a new cartoon based off the movies popularity... that could be a good thing.

Dakemesh
10-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Uh... anyone ever heard of Transformers? ;)

I think there is still cause for concern though honestly b/c the Joe franchise will have less room for the incredible special effects that made the TF movie such a hit. It probably will be a little more difficult. It also may suffer like the original Joe movie b/c it's coming on the heels of the TF one. It keeps coming in second. Now, if we could get GI Joe AND TFs, we might be on to something!

But if these 25th figures keep moving, Hasbro will keep cranking them out I'm sure. There was only a brief 6 month or so hiatus between the end of TF Cybertron and the release of the movie toys, and Hasbro put out an entire line (Classics) to fill pegs in the meantime - so I'm sure we'll have something.

gunslingercbr
10-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I asked this at the Hasbro Q&A thread (http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=51792).

That's what most people want, personally I think that if Hasbro continues doing repaints and even more versions of figures that already have been done 15-20 times, then it's maybe time to stop...
the 25th line is hardly being run into the ground with repaints, which it seems you are intimating by the declaration of it "continuing." the line has repaints, but they are coming in box sets and multi-packs which I think everyone would agree are only meant to compliment the main selling point of the line, the single packs, which are clearly dedicated to new figures and characters.

goodguyswearblack9
10-27-2007, 03:09 PM
I think that the 25th line will slow down or be put on hold while he movie toys come out.

freak4ll
10-28-2007, 12:27 AM
I just hope the characters personalities and traits in the movie models the personalities and traits from the cartoon.l

freak4ll
10-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Hasbro has said during Q & A's that the movie figures will be 25th anniversary type molds, just not with the 25th anniversary name. I hope they keep coming out with cartoon version of characters though along with the movie characters.