I was sent an extra RHINO today... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : I was sent an extra RHINO today...

Aoecean
10-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Do I keep it or send it back to the company I got it from on ebay?

stad
10-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, as long as they didn't shaft you on your order at all, contact them and let them know. They need to provide postage for the return of their item. Chances are probably 50/50 they'll just tell you to keep it, but I would let them make that decision. Either way, you should not have to worry about postage for returning it.

Syna3sthesia
10-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Is called evil bay for a reason. Keep it man! Enjoy!

Patrick A. Riley
10-27-2007, 05:38 PM
You should contact the seller about it and let them know what happened. In my experience, they'll say it was their mistake and that you can just keep it. Of course, it always depends on what the item is, it's value and how honorable the "company" is.

If they want it back, they should offer to pay you for the full shipping cost :)

Aoecean
10-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Well, as long as they didn't shaft you on your order at all, contact them and let them know. They need to provide postage for the return of their item. Chances are probably 50/50 they'll just tell you to keep it, but I would let them make that decision. Either way, you should not have to worry about postage for returning it.

Stad, its good to see you here...

I'm not on the other board anymore for obivious reasons.

Yeah...I'll probably pay them for it..since its already in my house and I figure an extra RHINO is fine with me. The astro-vipers I have(oddly, these are my basic infantry men as I have 11 of them) could use it....

XtremeWRATH360
10-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Keep it and if they ask you about it tell them you never got an extra RHINO. What they don't know won't hurt them.;)

Aoecean
10-27-2007, 05:47 PM

I got the other RHINO 3 weeks ago...so I don't know...

I get alot of free favors at times...This isn't the first time I've been sent several of something.

Why must I be the person who was sent another RHINO?

Super Sport
10-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Its almost X-Mas, donate it to TOYS FOR TOTS.

FireFox91
10-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Its almost X-Mas, donate it to TOYS FOR TOTS.

That is the best idea right there.

Aoecean
10-27-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm donating a vehicle of that value already...a big Star Wars vehicle.

I was actually looking to get another RHINO actually...

gunslingercbr
10-27-2007, 10:22 PM
contact them, tell them they sent it to you accidentally, and make them a fair offer to keep it. it may be worth it to them not to have to hassle with the return and you can get it honestly -- and cheaper -- than you could have out right.

kerowack
10-28-2007, 11:27 AM
My stepmother ordered an expensive Disney statue off of ebay and got TWO in the mail (two seperate statues...different characters and everything) and kept the accidentally mailed one too. Every time I go over there I look at that stupid statue and just wished she had returned it.

I need to tone down my moral compass or something...

Jay West
10-28-2007, 01:52 PM
I really don't see any other option than telling them that you got it and offer to pay if you want it or tell them to send you postage and you will send it back if you don't want it.

Mistakes happen and you would want to be offered the same courtesy if you accidentally mailed out something wrong. Do unto to others ...and all of that.

Chances are you will get to keep it for free and feel better if you let them tell you that...

YELSEW
10-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Offer it back to them. As others have stated, what if you had made a mistake of the same nature and the other party didn't notify you? I just would not be able to keep something I didn't pay for or know I was getting.

Net-Viper X
10-28-2007, 03:05 PM
I agree with what a lot of others are saying, you should contact the seller and let them know of the mistake. That would give you a nice dose of Good Karma, and you can never have too much of that.

XtremeWRATH360
10-28-2007, 04:01 PM
I must be an evil person since i would keep it, but then again im a proud supporter of Cobra over the Joe team. :p

Aoecean
10-28-2007, 07:11 PM
I must be an evil person since i would keep it, but then again im a proud supporter of Cobra over the Joe team. :p

Cobra looks awesome...futuristic armada uniforms...biological and chemical warfare...Cobra is just awesome.

Urban Saboteur
10-28-2007, 07:20 PM
What would Firefly do? Probably blow the toy up.. no don't do that.. Jeez.. this is such a tough decision.. a company on ebay sent you two rhino's..
What to do ... what to do.. this is so difficult.. :o

I think you should have a long think about your options.. really.. I mean in all seriousness.. this is a key momentous decision that may shape the future of your gi joe collection.. :rolleyes:

My opinion? I'd keep it. Chances are that if it was a company or high end seller who has multiples upon multiples of feedback transactions running into the high end 20,000 rating they probably sent you two because they weren't sure if they sent you one out to begin with.

And in all honesty if they ever got on this board proclaiming such and such a person doesnt return free DTC RHINO's that you send them.. can we honestly sit here and blame you? .. No I dont think we could. :o

Enjoy the free RHINO..:D crank that thing out of it's box and pile them Vipers in it.

Chairborne
10-28-2007, 09:01 PM
You need to contact them and tell them what happened, regradless of how big a company it is. Offer to pay for it or have them pay for shipping to return it.

OR......

You could open it up, and everytime you put one of those vipers on it you can think about how you didn't do the right thing.

Your choice.

We already have enough people trying to scam, scalp, lie, and cheat other collectors. Don't become one of those people.

Syna3sthesia
10-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Don't become like me. Give it to Toys for Tots like some members mentioned here.

XtremeWRATH360
10-28-2007, 09:30 PM
You need to contact them and tell them what happened, regradless of how big a company it is. Offer to pay for it or have them pay for shipping to return it.

OR......

You could open it up, and everytime you put one of those vipers on it you can think about how you didn't do the right thing.

Your choice.

We already have enough people trying to scam, scalp, lie, and cheat other collectors. Don't become one of those people.

You hurt my feelings. :(

jetski333
10-29-2007, 04:21 AM
I vote : give it to Toys for Tots.

cobraferret
10-29-2007, 05:03 AM
I vote : give it to Toys for Tots.
Give them a call or e-mail.Offer to pay for it or send it back provided they pay for postage.Then give it to Toys for Tots,but as he already has stated he got a Star Wars toy for them.Star Wars is a lot more popular with kids right now than g.i.joe
On a side note I may also add that I have heard of collectors stealing out of the bins for Toys for Tots.Disgusting isn't it.I just give a cash donation now instead of a toy.
I can't believe the extent of evil some people will go through to further their collection or to make a profit.These are kids for crying out loud.

Aoecean
10-29-2007, 05:24 AM
The RHINO is good for kids who have alot of Joes...when I buy for TfT I get toys I think the kids will enjoy: Star Wars, Movie Transformers, S6, etc, etc...I'll be donating plenty of money to them. The RHINO is very much an adult toy(even though half of us play with it like we're 12).

However, with the RHINO...Once I get to the bottom of why I was sent another one...I will make my decision then. But in all likely hood I will send it back to the company as it is their property.

As for TfT...I am getting a large Star Wars vehicle and a few other toys for them. But the vehicles are only effective if you can somehow attach a bunch of figures to them and I can't afford 25th figures(not to mention, their not "playable")

But again, once the guy gets back to me on it...Its going to remain boxed up in my closet.

Aoecean
10-29-2007, 05:29 AM
Give them a call or e-mail.Offer to pay for it or send it back provided they pay for postage.Then give it to Toys for Tots,but as he already has stated he got a Star Wars toy for them.Star Wars is a lot more popular with kids right now than g.i.joe
On a side note I may also add that I have heard of collectors stealing out of the bins for Toys for Tots.Disgusting isn't it.I just give a cash donation now instead of a toy.
I can't believe the extent of evil some people will go through to further their collection or to make a profit.These are kids for crying out loud.

Thats gross...But toys are big money. But where are the marines to guard those bins?

Oh yeah...I know where they are...Off fighting the creations of Dr. Mindbender & Cesspool...

But joking aside...I can't believe collectors do that. They should be ashamed of themselves.

fireflys_apprentice
10-29-2007, 05:38 AM
there r a lot of bad collectors out there,if i go to the pegs and a kid picks up the figure i want i just smile and let it go,but i know collectors whod knock the kid down and swipe it. And if u think thats bad u should see the hotwheel collectors at the local walmart in the morning,never seen so many middle aged men gathering around pegs in my life.

cobraferret
10-29-2007, 05:49 AM
there r a lot of bad collectors out there,if i go to the pegs and a kid picks up the figure i want i just smile and let it go
I did this once before.I had 2 of the same figure and was just looking around in the star wars isle and this kid and his mom came and was looking and then a collector.They both were looking for the figure I had 2 of.I gave 1 to the kid.You should have seen the look on the guys face.He was like DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS WORTH??!!
I said yeah,but the look on that kids face is priceless.

Aoecean
10-29-2007, 05:57 AM
I did this once before.I had 2 of the same figure and was just looking around in the star wars isle and this kid and his mom came and was looking and then a collector.They both were looking for the figure I had 2 of.I gave 1 to the kid.You should have seen the look on the guys face.He was like DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS WORTH??!!
I said yeah,but the look on that kids face is priceless.

As a 90s kid...I went through that alot. Like in the 80s...toys were still toys. But once McFarlane hit, you had collectors as greedy as the kids.

But yeah, toy companies are faced with producing toys for adults and kids these days. Kids have to compete with adults for a Darth Reven...Its no wonder why we see more 12 years with myspaces...their not allowed to enjoy their childhood and childhood for me meant toys(alot of us here feel this way) and for my future daughter or son...It will be toys and sci fi for us!

But I will notify the company again and I will get to the bottom of the RHINO THAT WAS LET LOOSE ON EBAY!

AlternateUniverse Steeler
10-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Is called evil bay for a reason. Keep it man! Enjoy!

As an ebay seller i have to say you sir are not cool. The lack of honesty with a item like this makes me glad you never bought from me.

Syna3sthesia
10-29-2007, 08:37 AM
It would be the company's mistake if they committed something that stupid to begin with. And we all know that 9 times out of 10 if you are willing to send it back for X reason the company is going to ask you to pay for the shipping back. So then I'm in a situation where I have to pay for the company's mistake, I don't think so.

I'm mostly a buyer but a seller sometimes on Ebay too but I pay attention that what I'm doing so that I avoid getting shafted by commiting stupid mistakes or by buyers/sellers .

I'm being honest here as to what I would do, if I were in the situation.

stad
10-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Actually, I would guess that 9 times out of 10, they will either offer you to just keep it, or would volunteer the shipping to send it back.

You are under no obligation, however, for you to pay to ship it back. Legally, you are not obligated to return unsolicited items. I would at least let them make the decision to return it or let you keep it, though. But I sure wouldn't pay to cover their mistake, and I've never let my customers pay when I mixed up orders either.

Aoecean
10-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Actually, I would guess that 9 times out of 10, they will either offer you to just keep it, or would volunteer the shipping to send it back.

You are under no obligation, however, for you to pay to ship it back. Legally, you are not obligated to return unsolicited items. I would at least let them make the decision to return it or let you keep it, though. But I sure wouldn't pay to cover their mistake, and I've never let my customers pay when I mixed up orders either.

So I'm sending him it. But I refuse to open it until my HISS II comes...

AlternateUniverse Steeler
10-29-2007, 06:42 PM
It would be the company's mistake if they committed something that stupid to begin with. And we all know that 9 times out of 10 if you are willing to send it back for X reason the company is going to ask you to pay for the shipping back. So then I'm in a situation where I have to pay for the company's mistake, I don't think so.

I'm mostly a buyer but a seller sometimes on Ebay too but I pay attention that what I'm doing so that I avoid getting shafted by commiting stupid mistakes or by buyers/sellers .

What is your Ebay ID so i can block you ;)

Aoecean
10-29-2007, 06:47 PM
The seller emailed me today, saying that he had alot of orders and that he had forgotten I sent the first one. He thanked me for my honesty and said I could send him 15$ for it since I wouldn't feel right getting it for free.

So I'll be sending him a payment in the near future...

Off to TRU/TARGAT now to get stuff for the kiddies(TfT kids) and perhaps, some glow in the dark/neon spray paint for my 4$ Monster Blaster AGP which will be turned into the "Toxic-AGP".

MikePrime
10-29-2007, 08:03 PM
That's nice and fair. It's still a good price too.

Syna3sthesia
10-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Take the 1st a out of the screen name used here. Tell me yours so I don't bid on your stuff!

thetruth1013
10-30-2007, 07:20 PM

Don't feel bad.. I'd have done the same.

fireflys_apprentice
11-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Id like to say id have kept it,but truth to tell,the guilt would have been to much for me and id have caved,ya did the right thing

Shadow_Contact
11-02-2007, 08:18 AM
there r a lot of bad collectors out there,if i go to the pegs and a kid picks up the figure i want i just smile and let it go,but i know collectors whod knock the kid down and swipe it. And if u think thats bad u should see the hotwheel collectors at the local walmart in the morning,never seen so many middle aged men gathering around pegs in my life.

Heh.. I once saw a fight in Toys R Us in Loyds Center between two 40ish guys back in 98 over a treasure hunt car. They were punchin and fighting like little 8 year old girls. Pretty funny when an employee my age walked up to them and told them to go now as the mall security is on its way and they hot footed without there prize.

Also saw a shouting match over joes in that same toys r us now that i think about it.