Realistically who will be Wave 2 - 2008 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Realistically who will be Wave 2 - 2008

Jay West
10-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Forget who you want to see. Who do you think we will see? Assuming 5 figures:

1. Viper ( or reworked CG into an Immortal or CG Commander)
2. SE v 100000
3. Spirit
4. One of the originals (Possibly Gen Hawk)
5. Major Blood

That's my picks playing it safe. This isn't a thread for who you want. Pythona and Billy aren't coming in this Wave... :) So what do you guys think? I assume since Hama is writing a Fred/CG comic that a CG/Twins/Fred comic pack is coming.

Net-Viper X
10-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Those look to be pretty sound choices. I wouldnt be suprised either if a Falcon popped up pretty soon.

On a side note I think you left a couple of 0's out of the snake eyes version number, it would be more like Snake Eyes v 1,000,000,000. :D

Jay West
10-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Those look to be pretty sound choices. I wouldnt be suprised either if a Falcon popped up pretty soon.

On a side note I think you left a couple of 0's out of the snake eyes version number, it would be more like Snake Eyes v 1,000,000,000. :D

Ha! I actually did edit out a few 0's. I agree Falcon might pop up soon. I wonder if we won't get the CG mold a few more times as the troop builder of the wave. Not that I would complain. The Viper is a given. He'll come eventually, but maybe toward the Holiday season of 2008.

Syna3sthesia
10-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Those army building B.A.T.s seems like a good choice to produce and release.

MikePrime
10-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah, the Viper makes sense. After so many troopers and the CGs, it's natural that the Cobra Viper would be the next Cobra troop builder to be released.

Viper
Major Bludd
Torpedo or Wet-Suit
Breaker
Footloose.

Shipwreck"n"polly
10-28-2007, 03:29 PM
what makes your choices for a future wave more valid than mine, mine are very realistic, what good does more sarcastic comments directed at hasbro about 10,000 versions of snake eyes prove? We should be more constructive with our posts and not wast peoples time on what are the few obvious flaws with the new line.

gunslingercbr
10-28-2007, 03:45 PM
( or reworked CG into an Immortal or CG Commander)

I don't get this one. other than color, the CG figure looks nothing like the CG Commander or Immortal, so why would Hasbro use the 25th CG figure to make either of those. the connection between the characters is completely arbitrary from a design standpoint, which the reuse of figures is dependent on. why not a reworked Cobra Commander for CG Immortal or Commander, or Cobra Trooper? that just feels like a huge reach to try and connect those characters simply because they have Crimson Guard in their names. that, and neither of those characters have any real appeal IM to warrant their release ever in the 25th line, nevertheless this early.

Jay West
10-28-2007, 03:47 PM
what makes your choices for a future wave more valid than mine, mine are very realistic, what good does more sarcastic comments directed at hasbro about 10,000 versions of snake eyes prove? We should be more constructive with our posts and not wast peoples time on what are the few obvious flaws with the new line.

I completly disagree. Your polls are who we want. You even say if we could pick. I clearly state that this thread has nothing to do with personal taste. I love your thread and have voted. I feel that if I had gone off on your thread by saying "but this is who we will get.." it would have been a thread hijack or at least seem like me acting snarky. Who we want and who we will get are different. I actually don't want any of the figures (except maybe a Viper) that I listed. I feel this thread compliments yours nicely and is an organic extension of what you created. You are welcome to feel otherwise...

As for your comment about SE...? Well, he will probably be in there and I don't have to like it or buy it. No reason why I can't be a little silly about it on a fansite. Hasbro is smart. They know the diehard geeks like us don't want SE and they don't care. He is in there for the casual fan and the kids. Really, I don't think there is anything wrong with their stance on SE. It is probably good marketing, but not marketing aimed at anyone posting here.

Jay West
10-28-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't get this one. other than color, the CG figure looks nothing like the CG Commander or Immortal, so why would Hasbro use the 25th CG figure to make either of those. the connection between the characters is completely arbitrary from a design standpoint, which the reuse of figures is dependent on. why not a reworked Cobra Commander for CG Immortal or Commander, or Cobra Trooper? that just feels like a huge reach to try and connect those characters simply because they have Crimson Guard in their names. that, and neither of those characters have any real appeal IM to warrant their release ever in the 25th line, nevertheless this early.

My statement had very little to do with the thread. I simply meant that some reworking of the mold might be the troop builder due to the trooper/officer mold getting so much play. It was a throw away comment. I figure Hasbro will want to get as much out of the mold as possible. I have no idea what form it might take.

Shipwreck"n"polly
10-28-2007, 03:53 PM
If they were marketing to kids they could have continued the sigma six line. The fact that the line is in replica packaging and is harder to find than golden goose eggs means theyre intention is to market it to us, and mabee catch a few kids along the way, this line is great start to rebuild the line but i wouldn't go so far as to say we get alot of snake eyes to please the kids i mean my sone only wants so many snake eyes figures so that in a nutshell hurts sales, and as for my poll being about figures we want that they probably won't make i disagree i think we are close to falcon and sgt. slaughter and another more original cobra army builder, as for hit & run i would like to see a fan site push to get him made

Eric Leavitt
10-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Major Bludd could be done taking Zartan's upper body, Snake-Eyes or Duke's lower body, and then a new head with the Cobra Trooper's helmet on top. I would like to see a new sculpt arm for his rocket-gauntlet but either way. The Super-Sonic Fighter's Major Bludd done in version one colors was a nice figure. So a slightly re-imagined Bludd ala Zartan would be cool.

We will be seeing the original 13 with that great body already used for Snake-Eyes, Stalker and the upcoming Hawk. We will definitely see Breaker, Short-Fuse, Grunt, Zap, and Steeler because all they need are new heads and new web-gear. Hopefully, there would be some new accessories and some short-sleeves for Breaker and a future Clutch. I would hope for a carded Grandslam in red with a JUMP. Wild Bill could be done using the Snake-Eyes body with a vest, a new belt with holsters, a new head and hat. Rock n' Roll could also be made this way. I just hope his head and Clutch's could wear a helmet.

I would assume that the new Torpedo will have a wet-suit that says Torpedo but with new gear can become a new Eels and a new Lampreys.

I would like to see a new sculpt Footloose that could then be reworked to make Falcon.

I would also like to see a new version 2 Hawk that could be reworked to be Heavy-Metal.

I would like to see a body that could become Airtight and Sci-FI.

Erick
10-28-2007, 04:19 PM
2. SE v 100000

Hahaha! Yeah :p , and besides him:

-Major Bludd
-Gnrl. Hawk
-Spirit
-BAT

Jack
10-28-2007, 05:28 PM
We did see the list with the wave 5 figures on it and it also had Torpedo, Wild Bill, Rock N Roll and I think Bludd. They will most likely be in wave 6 IMO.

Jay West
10-28-2007, 07:14 PM
We did see the list with the wave 5 figures on it and it also had Torpedo, Wild Bill, Rock N Roll and I think Bludd. They will most likely be in wave 6 IMO.

Hmmm...I may have seen that now that I think of it. Seems logical. Of course add some sort of troop builder and/or SE and there's your line. Can anyone confirm/deny that Hasbro considers SE and a troop builder a must for a wave?

davewhitaker
10-28-2007, 09:12 PM
A new SE sculpt isnt necessarily a must as one of the 'new 5' per wave. But he will be one of the rotating figures, that a given. Most likely for wave 2 ('08) it will the Black SE from wave 1 ('08).

Jay West
10-28-2007, 09:25 PM
A new SE sculpt isnt necessarily a must as one of the 'new 5' per wave. But he will be one of the rotating figures, that a given. Most likely for wave 2 ('08) it will the Black SE from wave 1 ('08).

Figures. I assume that a troop builder will be in each wave also. I wonder who the CG sculpt will give rise to or will we just get CG's packaged in a few different waves. I could definitely see a Fred series troop builder somewhere done the line. Get a head that fits the existing CG helmet from the New Sculpt line and slap it on the CG body. Bingo! getcha Fred 1-VII or how ever many there where.

You also have to figure Hsbro is real tempted to give us Joes disguised as Cobra Troopers with a little head tweaking involved.

Eric Leavitt
10-28-2007, 09:41 PM
From Shogi at http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1942&page=2
Here's the old list (This was found around June of 2007)

65356928936 Blade Destro
65356928932 Snow Job
65356928934 Flash
65356928935 Snake Eyes Black
65356928931 Crimson Guard
65356929251 Armor CC
65356929253 Torpedo
65356929254 Major Bludd
65356929252 Rock N Roll
65356929255 Wild Bill

As you can see, the first 5 figures are now known as wave 5

This is from http://groups.google.com/group/alt.toys.gi-joe.1980s/browse_thread/thread/f9b9b5c7198a8bb6/11a845fb5b366c5f#11a845fb5b366c5f
Just happened to check the system before I got off of work this
morning and they have a few new (and as of yet unmentioned)
anniversary figures. I didn't get the numbers for some:
Torpedo - didn't get the item #
HISS Driver - didn't get the item #
Viper - WM item # 798520
Spirit - WM item # 798527
Tiger Force Flint - didn't get the item #

There were a few others that I just can't remember right now. I will
post more later...

SHOCKWAVE

I guess we know who Hasbro likes since 2002. The original 13 are more a nod to us who clamor for them.

29thLetsGoJoe
10-29-2007, 01:15 AM
I think Snake Eyes Version 1000 is a given, and another shade of blue Cobra trooper, Wild Bill and blade Destro, and a gold and green VVVViper.