25th Ann Backpack holes [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 25th Ann Backpack holes

davewhitaker
10-28-2007, 11:43 PM
I opened a few of the wave 2 and 3 figs i found this week, and while putting Lady Jaye's slip-on backpack on, I noticed she had a backpack hole as well. So i stuck Buzzer's backpack on her and was pleasently surprised to find that it fit! I immediatley opened Stalker next to find a hole on him as well. He is now the proud owner of a confiscated Cobra jet pack! Just as he should have been shipped with! Now I'll just have to head out tomorrow to pick up another Cobra Legions pack to get a jetpack to paint black. Or wait for the carded version and take one of those.

I know the lack of BP holes was a point of concern among some of us and it looks as though Hasbro wasted no time fixing it!

Erick
10-29-2007, 12:45 AM
I immediatley opened Stalker next to find a hole on him as well. He is now the proud owner of a confiscated Cobra jet pack! Just as he should have been shipped with!

I also bought two cobra air troopers just to have an extra jetpack for my stalker, now he looks sweet as ever!

If someone is wondering why Stalker should have come with a jetpack...

Adam16bit
10-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Well, not all Stalkers have the hole. I have two, one yellow, one green. Yellow doesn't have a hole, green does.

Ben Grimm
10-29-2007, 07:59 AM
I think now is the time to start petitioning Hasbro for 25th Anniversary accesory packs....

Dakemesh
10-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Has anyone tried putting old backpacks in the new figures? It doesn't quite look like the holes are big enough.

People have been trying to get SW accessory packs for years and Hasbro doesn't seem to want to do them anymore.

davewhitaker
10-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Old backpacks come nowhere close to fitting.

The Red Ninja also doesnt have a bp hole. So I guess Hasbros not 100% there yet, but at least theyre making strides in the right direction.

Adam16bit
10-29-2007, 07:15 PM
People have been trying to get SW accessory packs for years and Hasbro doesn't seem to want to do them anymore.

Exactly. This kind of product isn't as important to the health of a collector brand as we'd like to think. Kenner proved with Batman that it's better for them to sell you a new Batman with your next big accessory (backpack, jetski, whatever). Basically, they're not good moneymakers.

Accessory packs tended not to be very big-- Playmates made a few for the late 1980s TMNT and that's kinda where it all came to an end. We've seen some from Star Wars Episode I, and some gift sets with lots of guns, or deluxe figures with lots of guns, but actual accessory packs are basically gone the way of the dodo. (There have been attempts to cram extra weapons in toys-- the MOTU 2002 Castle Grayskull was loaded with like a dozen extra melee weapons... and nobody seemed to care.)

If Hasbro packaged extra weapons with figures (or figure gift sets), that would make the most sense-- but a box of accessories doesn't have much in the way of sales, I think in part because it mostly relies on the notion that these are replacements for things you've lost and not awesome items in their own right. (If they, for example, considered the Cobra Flight Pod or Zartan's Swamp Ski thing an "accessory" then that might be different.) Thankfully, nobody's stopping the fan market from making small, 4-inch figure compatible accessories to their hearts' content.