My thoughts on these 25th figures!?! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : My thoughts on these 25th figures!?!

sublimesting
10-29-2007, 03:17 PM
I was forcedd to buy a Lady Jaye figure that looks like she has Bell's Palsey because I am afraid that I won't see it in stores again. They are so rare and I've only found a few and it is already into wave 3 or so. Does anyone know how much time in between waves? Are they all just coming out disorderly. One thing that bothers me is that some figures are very kick a** while others have a poor paint job or are designed badly (Serpentor looked much cooler when I was little and he was a mail away figure). I saw a Shipwreck figure I had to let go because the front of his hair was only half painted and his beard was very lopsided. Is anyone else waiting for the perfect paint job or just snaching them up? I am happy for the most part with the ones I have found (I have 17 of them now).

slim19722
10-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Sloppy paint apps, could be cuz Hasbro is trying to get these figs out as fast as they can, which would explain how quickly waves 2 & 3 hit so close together. I have all 3, 5-packs and all singles(including both Shippy's) except Flint and the exclusive Destro's. The only one that has a questionable paint job, is the anchor tat Shippy, I just got today, otherwise everyone else is good.

heikks86
10-29-2007, 06:50 PM
I was at a walmart tonight and thats all they had was wave 2, it looked like they got about 3 cases in stock

stad
10-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I found wave 2 in Atlanta during the con, and a week later people were finding wave 3. Shipwreck by far is the worst one I've seen, as far as sloppy paint ops go. I haven't seen a Dolphin tat one yet that doesn't look like he has mange on his beard. The Anchor one seems okay. These really seem to be showing up now, even if they are not lasting, so I wouldn't worry too much. Hasbro also said they were going to re-ship the first 3 waves thru the end of the year, so there should (eventually) be plenty.