A good day to hunt! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : A good day to hunt!

therobidentity
10-29-2007, 05:44 PM
It looks like Wave 3 is finally shipping in decent numbers in my area! I hit four Targets today, and three of them had figures I was looking for!

The first location I hit had Stalker, Cobra Officer, Firefly, and Shipwreck. The next had Stalker, Shipwreck, and Zartan. The third had Stalker, Cobra Officer, and Zartan. There was another guy at the second location when I got there that had Red Ninja and Snake Eyes. (He said he didn't have SE yet; I got the impression that he may have just started collecting again.)

Anyway, I'm not a hoarder or a scalper, I picked up multiples for my two brothers and a friend. Out of those ten figures, I'm keeping maybe three and trading the fourth.

The first location actually rang me up at twenty dollars for four figures. I thought it seemed low, but didn't realize until I was halfway to my car that he only rang me up for three. There was a good ten seconds where I battled out what to do, but wound up going back and paying for the fourth. Although it seemed like a stroke of luck, I knew it wouldn't sit right with me, and I wanted a proper inventory count. ;) Probably in part because I wanted a full representation of what's being bought, and probably because I've worked in retail.

They all look pretty good so far, but I'm a little irked at Shipwreck, because his right hand is a fist. :rolleyes: Ok... nice pose, but it means he can only hold a weapon (he has THREE) in his left hand. I don't think I would have minded as much if it was the left hand, since I'm right handed, and I'm pretty sure most people are as well. Oh well, minor gripe.

Aoecean
10-29-2007, 06:08 PM
But for trading purposes only...

I'd see if anyone would give me a GI JOE worm(or other army builders) for it...

slim19722
10-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Today was a good day for me too. One of my Targets got wave 3 in, looked to be about 2 cases since there were 2 of everyone, except for 1 Officer and 1 Stormshadow. I already had everyone except Zartan, so I got him and the anchor tat Shippy. Now I got both Shippy's, not really into all the variations, unless I see them on the shelf.

smokehouse
10-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Uggg...it's hard to find stuff arround here. I picked up Stalker today but no luck on the other wave 3 figs......Man, I want Firefly so bad! That was one of my favorite figs as a kid.

rnrhero
10-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Wave 3 at Targets. Wave 2 at TRU i went to today. Looks like they are finally getting put out in numbers. My sister in IL said they had plenty of Wave 2 and 3. She picked up the Troop builders for me for Christmas. I think she has got me like 10 Troopers and officers for Christmas so far.

Cobraviper72
10-29-2007, 08:43 PM
I was lucky and found Zartan, Firefly, Shipwreck, Red Cobra Ninja and Stalker a couple weeks ago at my local Kroger Market place here in Columbus.
I went to two different Target's and a Toys R Us and a found some figure's over this last weekend, but not many.

smokehouse
10-29-2007, 09:12 PM
You know, I have to be honest. This ****-poor distribution stuff really aggravates me to no end. Why do stores only get in a few complete sets at a time? This makes getting an entire set at one time a real pain unless you happen to be the lucky one that stumbles on the freshly set out stock. Right now I am working out of town slightly north of Chicago and in this area, I have the following stores available:

Wal Mart- completely empty shelves for going on 3 weeks (check back every few days only to find where the single packs should be). Multi-packs…plenty in stock.

Target- Trickling in figures. Again, plenty of 5 packs, few singles. I only found one wave 3 fig there today (Stalker)

TRU- They carry the 5 packs but have no area for the singles. When I asked they say they have no SKU for the singles and do not plan on getting any in anytime soon.

WTF? Why doesn’t Hasbro just flood the stores with this stuff like they do 95% of their other toys. The same goes with their store exclusive Transformers stuff, it’s damn near impossible to find. Example, the Wal Mart Constructicon pack…never once saw one anywhere after months of looking at various stores…

AAAAARG!

therobidentity
10-29-2007, 09:26 PM
My WalMart has nothing except NINE of the original Joe 5-packs. Nine. Not even the second release ones, but the original. I haven't seen a carded figure there in over a month, and then it was SE/SS.

My Targets have had long dry spells on carded figures. SE, SS, and CC warm the pegs usually. They tend to have a few Joe packs, and they had a couple Legions packs earlier this month.

Toys R Us... has old three-packs of Lady Jaye & Troopers and the Russians.

I was in Sears the other day and hoped they might be getting something in, but at least locally, it seems like their entire toy department is seasonal, and takes up four racks. The entire action figure section is a single three-foot endcap, mainly dominated by Star Wars.

Syna3sthesia
10-29-2007, 09:30 PM
I have been lucky to find all waves all at once when they hit retail but wave 3arrived in numbers, there were 3 of each!!!

themoney75
10-29-2007, 10:40 PM
today i got wave 2 the first time i seen them around my area...also had the new marvel legends in stock i got the captain america and bucky and i got a 10% discount since i work at walmart part time.yay now just need wave 3.

thetruth1013
10-30-2007, 07:26 PM
today i got wave 2 the first time i seen them around my area...also had the new marvel legends in stock i got the captain america and bucky and i got a 10% discount since i work at walmart part time.yay now just need wave 3.

i'll have to get on the hunt again.. i need cap, bucky and cyclops from that set and i'll be fine. Not interested in building the brood queen :eek:

sublimesting
10-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Last Saturday was very bountiful for me! At Target I got Stalker, Cobra Officer. At Walmart I got Lady Jaye, Buzzer, Beachhead, Serpentor. Even ones with bad design, if posed well look awesome. Like Serpentor, he looks kind of plain and drab but I have him in sort of a Roman statue pose with sword aloft high over his head and the other knife weapon across his chest and he is turned with his torso to the side a bit with head tilted down and over. So it looks like he is about to order his legions to attack.