Who wants a 25th Anniversary Mission Brazil set? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Who wants a 25th Anniversary Mission Brazil set?

The Superfly
10-30-2007, 01:38 PM
After seeing the pics for the upcoming TRU 5-packs, I was disappointed that they seem like lazy repaints that don’t really make much sense in the Joe mythos, much less the 25th anniversary. I would much rather have a set that celebrates the first box set – Special Mission Brazil.

I’d love to see 25th versions of Leatherneck, WetSuit, Mainframe and DialTone, but since these haven’t been made yet, it makes things tougher for what would be basically a repaint set. Carrying over Claymore (retooled from Stalker), and adding 4 new characters by using existing figures with retools/repaints would be much easier.

Claymore – this guy has to be in here, as a nod to the original set (Stalker body, Duke head, Beach Head vest, Snake Eyes Uzi)

Rampage – not really a fan-favorite, but this is an easy repaint to make a new character (Beach Head repaint and accessories)

Shipwreck – yeah it’s Tiger Force, BUT this version of Shipwreck was part of the Brazil line of Joes. Plus I’m a sucker for the wacky foreign repaints (Shipwreck/Polly repaint and accessories)

Cobra De Aco – what better villains for the set than the two fan fave Brazil bad guys? I’ve always dug this guy’s look and it’s an easy retool/repaint (Flash repaint and accessories, Snake Eyes v1 head)

Cobra Invasor – a simple Snake Eyes repaint, maybe in a dark green to give it some difference than the original (Snake Eyes v1 repaint).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/the_superfly/BRAZIL-FINAL.jpg

So what do you guys think? Would you buy this set?

CGC
10-30-2007, 02:04 PM
It wouldn't be on the top of my wish list, but those figs do look good, & if they made it I'm pretty sure I'd get it.

The Superfly
10-30-2007, 07:18 PM
OK, so Cobra Mortal needs a home, so how’bout a Special Mission Argentina set? A chance for Hasbro to give a nod to the fans by giving us some of the legendary Argen 7 figures in the 25th style.

Topson – an easy repaint, using the Stalker body and Duke head.

Manleh – I’ve always dug this look, even with the weird yellow harness. A straight Stalker repaint.

Redmack – another Stalker/Duke combo.

Glenda – easy Scarlett repaint. Vac metal on the torso.

Cobra Mortal – I love this dude. Easy Snake Eyes repaint, with vac metal parts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/the_superfly/ARGEN-FINAL.jpg

DPrime
10-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Great mockups, although if they did the set, I'd rather wait until we get Leatherneck, Wet-Suit, etc... Not that I don't want to see those international figures though! I'd presonally like to see an "Action Force" and "Argen 7" boxsets as exclusives or something.

Loose Cannon
10-31-2007, 01:09 PM
I don't feel like paying an arm and a leg for official Brazilian\Argentinian knockoffs and since I can't paint to make my own, I will be more than happy to buy anything Hasbro or the collectors club can come up with along these lines.

MikePrime
10-31-2007, 01:31 PM
I think Hasbro should make a 25th version of the original Brazil mission set. Hasbro should also make a Cobra Brazil set with the above mentioned Cobra characters to go with the Joe set.

l_g
10-31-2007, 05:48 PM
I'd buy both of those sets. Nice work.

thunt4
10-31-2007, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some uk tiger force stuff and uk exclusives redone for the 25th.