Your guess on wave 4: Will they be as popular? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Your guess on wave 4: Will they be as popular?

yojoebro82
10-30-2007, 11:20 PM
....since they're all re-releases of figures we already have? Especially since the original 5 packs seem to still be readily avalible.
I'd like to say I'll pass and be happy to take a break from hunting down a wave, but I can imagine myself getting them if I see them on the shelf......but then again, the REALLY good stuff will be in wave 5, so maybe I will save.

SVantley
10-30-2007, 11:29 PM
My first post. I can't wait till wave 4 come out. I think I like the single carded ones better.

Erick
10-31-2007, 12:06 AM
....since they're all re-releases of figures we already have? Especially since the original 5 packs seem to still be readily avalible.
I'd like to say I'll pass and be happy to take a break from hunting down a wave, but I can imagine myself getting them if I see them on the shelf......but then again, the REALLY good stuff will be in wave 5, so maybe I will save.

I agree but in my opinion those Air Troopers are worth getting, I don't care about the other though.

Super Sport
10-31-2007, 03:00 AM
They'll do just fine, especially since theres individual card art this time. I've been selling the 5 pack figs loose with no problem, even after they saturated the market with them. Some people only want a certain character and not the entire sets.

82to87Joes
10-31-2007, 06:46 AM
at the stores all i find are the 5 packs sitting on the shelves, i think there are a lot of collectors out there that buy the single carded figures only for display in the package, they are the ones that will scoop up wave 4

Syna3sthesia
10-31-2007, 08:22 AM
IMO I think it would be an even bigger blow to all the 5 packs sitting around in the shelves when the wave hits. I seem to find them everywhere just collecting dust.

I prefer the single carded figs and now I regret buying the 5 packs.

Abomb
10-31-2007, 10:55 AM
I sure hope they're not popular. More for me! :p

RedClaw
10-31-2007, 11:07 AM
I think these will sell far better then the five packs.

Most collectors bought the five packs to open and display loose; I know I did. But carded figures have double appeal - first as a loose, displayable figure and secondly as a carded display piece.

Most collectors I personally know are seeking two of every carded figure for that very reason. This wave is terrific because you can now get that carded figure fix, for $5. To me, this is like being a kid back in 86 all over again - WHEN I can actually find these on the pegs.

So, yes, these will do just as well as the other impossible-to-find singles.

statesofeuphoria
10-31-2007, 12:16 PM
I already have all of these figures loose, so I will get them to keep carded with the exception of the air trooper who I plan on buying multiples of.

quintonarledge
10-31-2007, 12:30 PM
I already got these guys, but will get all eight of Wave 4 to have carded figures to display.

Reptilian Popinjay
10-31-2007, 12:41 PM
They'll be just as popular. Plus it would not surprise me if the action figures themselves were slightly different than the five-packs, meaning you can tell by the paint job whether it was a five-pack or single card release.

MikePrime
10-31-2007, 01:37 PM
I know that I'll be buying them. I guess they will sell just as well as the other single carded figures.

2LT VIPER
10-31-2007, 02:48 PM
take a break...I would love to but I can not find any of them.

The Superfly
10-31-2007, 03:11 PM
Most collectors bought the five packs to open and display loose; I know I did. But carded figures have double appeal - first as a loose, displayable figure and secondly as a carded display piece.

Most collectors I personally know are seeking two of every carded figure for that very reason. This wave is terrific because you can now get that carded figure fix, for $5. To me, this is like being a kid back in 86 all over again - WHEN I can actually find these on the pegs.

So, yes, these will do just as well as the other impossible-to-find singles.

I agree totally; I think these are gonna be a huge hit for the holidays. They look cool, and I bet many of these will end up as kids' stocking stuffers.

Dakemesh
10-31-2007, 03:48 PM
They'll be just as popular. Plus it would not surprise me if the action figures themselves were slightly different than the five-packs, meaning you can tell by the paint job whether it was a five-pack or single card release.

Except Hasbro has made no mention of this, and to do so would be nothing but increased cost for them. I highly doubt there will be any repainting.

I imagine they'll sell quickly at first, but will gradually start peg warming a bit. I only plan on getting Destro, Storm Shadow and the Air Trooper.

2LT VIPER
10-31-2007, 04:07 PM
I will buy them to get a complete set like all of you and try to sell them for 2,000 a figure in 25 years....if the world does not end in 2012.

Dakemesh
10-31-2007, 04:26 PM
....if the world does not end in 2012.

Heh heh, boy will all those MIB/MOC collectors be embarassed?! :D