Cobra Legion Box Question [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Cobra Legion Box Question

Currahee_Chris
11-01-2007, 04:46 PM
interesting artwork in the background of that box (all of the art work is fantastic). Did anyone notice the twins (but that they aren't in the box??)

Also, did anyone notice the unmasked COBRA trooper behind the blueshirt?? He has a young face- could it be Billy??? Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Also, the parade stand cardboard insert- I carefully removed the COBRA standards and glued them back onto the insert- makes for a nice diorama facade piece (if you can keep cardboard from getting smashed up :D )

STANDS ALONE!!
CC

XtremeWRATH360
11-01-2007, 04:58 PM
interesting artwork in the background of that box (all of the art work is fantastic). Did anyone notice the twins (but that they aren't in the box??)

Also, did anyone notice the unmasked COBRA trooper behind the blueshirt?? He has a young face- could it be Billy??? Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Also, the parade stand cardboard insert- I carefully removed the COBRA standards and glued them back onto the insert- makes for a nice diorama facade piece (if you can keep cardboard from getting smashed up :D )

STANDS ALONE!!
CC

I tried to preserve the Cobra flags and podium, but one of the flags gave me to much trouble and it now has wrinkles. Great background though i agree and i thought the unmasked trooper was Billy as well.

Jay West
11-01-2007, 10:09 PM
It's Billy. He is actually on the packaging 3 times. Twice on the back and once in the Legion group shot on the inside. I believe this is the first time he has ever been pictured on a Hasbro retail item and could be the only named character from the GI Joe universe to ever appear on retail packaging and not have a figure. I am sure someone can confirm or deny.

Either way it looks like we might be getting a Billy...

Reptilian Popinjay
11-02-2007, 12:03 AM
More info: This is clearly homage to the GIJOE comic book in which the Baroness and Major Bludd have manipulated Billy into attempting to assassinate COBRA Commander at the COBRA youth rally, and Destro learns of their plans and stops Billy just as he pulls the gun on COBRA Commander and before Storm Shadow, who leaps in between Billy and CC, can kill him. It's one of the pivotal moments in the Marvel comic.

Jay West
11-02-2007, 08:19 AM
More info: This is clearly homage to the GIJOE comic book in which the Baroness and Major Bludd have manipulated Billy into attempting to assassinate COBRA Commander at the COBRA youth rally, and Destro learns of their plans and stops Billy just as he pulls the gun on COBRA Commander and before Storm Shadow, who leaps in between Billy and CC, can kill him. It's one of the pivotal moments in the Marvel comic.

To take it a step further...look on the back of the box b/t the central CC and the Stinger Driver. That is the actual artwork from the story you mention. Billy is pulling the gun out of the Roses and saying "Roses are red..."

Propaedeutic
11-02-2007, 08:09 PM
I was noticing how much space they give to artwork of 25th-anniversary designs, and the red Baroness on the side struck me. (She's just underneath the Python Officer.) Is this supposed to be a representation of the Crimson Strike Team figure, or might they have this model in the works for 2008? (The whip makes a nice accessory.)

82to87Joes
12-01-2007, 11:38 PM
would anyone have a high res scan of the insert background picture?

gnawgahyde
12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
I think the Baroness pictured could also be representative of the Imperial Procession six pack from Toys R Us.

rnrhero
12-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Did any of the Legion packs come with File Cards?

ghettoraider
12-02-2007, 09:04 PM
They all do, you have to take out the whole insert, they are taped behind that.

BMC
12-03-2007, 08:25 AM
I think the Baroness pictured could also be representative of the Imperial Procession six pack from Toys R Us.

in which case i like the art on the back of this pack, cobra commander and baroness look better than they ever did.

and a crimso 25th set would be awsome along with seeing a billy figure.