Cobra Air Trooper - helmet too small [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Cobra Air Trooper - helmet too small

jeffsull
11-01-2007, 06:02 PM
The regular helmet that came with my Legions Air Trooper is too small. It doesn't quite fit on his head. When compared to other Cobra helmets, it actually looks a millimeter or so smaller. Does anyone else have this problem?

Zombie F-Body
11-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah, for some reason it's a totally different mold from the standard one that the other officers come with. Don't know the reason behine this.

sithviper
11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Mine fits fine

TheReverend
11-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Mine fits fine
Yep me too...I have 6 of them and they all fit fine... strange :confused:

Adam16bit
11-01-2007, 07:06 PM
The head helps to shape the helmet-- with no head in it during shipping, it gets narrower. If you muck around with it (either heat it up a little or just bend it into shape) it should fit on the head without a problem-- but it's going to be a tight fit at first, without question.

I'm not sure if it's a different mold, a different process, or different materials (all the other helmets are molded in a different feeling plastic and painted on top of this), so YMMV. But it should fit.

jeffsull
11-01-2007, 07:34 PM
The head helps to shape the helmet-- with no head in it during shipping, it gets narrower. If you muck around with it (either heat it up a little or just bend it into shape) it should fit on the head without a problem-- but it's going to be a tight fit at first, without question.

I'm not sure if it's a different mold, a different process, or different materials (all the other helmets are molded in a different feeling plastic and painted on top of this), so YMMV. But it should fit.
Thanks for the suggestions; I'll try messing with the helmet to make it fit better. But it actually looks smaller than the helmets on my other Cobra troopers/officers.

For those of you whose Air Troopers' helmets do fit, do they look any different/smaller than your officers'/troopers' helmets?

Adam16bit
11-01-2007, 08:16 PM
It does fit differently but doesn't seem smaller. The materials used make it look noticably different than other releases.

Reptilian Popinjay
11-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Mine fit with no problems.

My regular single card COBRA Officers helmets' fit, well, strangely, but they do fit.