about the rumor of original 13 25th anniversary figures.. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : about the rumor of original 13 25th anniversary figures..

82to87Joes
11-01-2007, 07:47 PM
i hear a rumor that hasbro plans on releasing all 13 original series 1 figs (actually 16 counting cobra figs for that series)

can anyone confirm this?

i know so far we have

1. snake eyes from the wave1 5 pack/wave 5 single
2. scarlet from wave 1 5 pack/wave 4 single
3. flash from wave 5 single
4. cobra commander wave 1 5 pack/wave 4 single
5. cobra trooper wave 1 5 pack/wave 2 single
6. cobra officer wave 1 single
7. stalker wave 3 single

and then we also have coming soon

8. grand slam target vehicle exclusive
9. breaker wave 2 comic pack
10. hawk wave 1 comic pack
11. rock n roll wave 7 single pack

my next question is will the target figure be available later as a single pack and will the comic pack figures be redone and relesed as single packs? i know nobody really knows but thats what im wondering

ui would love to get all 16 figures as single packs

Beach Head curses
11-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Am I the only who finds the original 13 a little boring? I appreciate that they were trailblazers, but I don't really care to see them updated in the 25th line. They were a bunch of figures in plain green, some with the same head sculpt. For my money I'd rather see some more unique later figures like Alpine, Footloose, Outback, etc. Does anybody feel me or are you all eager to see the original 13?

gunslingercbr
11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Am I the only who finds the original 13 a little boring? I appreciate that they were trailblazers, but I don't really care to see them updated in the 25th line. They were a bunch of figures in plain green, some with the same head sculpt. For my money I'd rather see some more unique later figures like Alpine, Footloose, Outback, etc. Does anybody feel me or are you all eager to see the original 13?
it isn't the original figures that are the draw, it is the characters. most of us who bought our first Joes with the original rlease of RAH think of Grunt as our Infantry Trooper first and foremost, not Footloose; Short Fuze as our MOrtar Trooper, not Downtown; Clutch as the quintessentail vehicle driver, and so on and so on. we want these characters, the fact that they can be made using similar "boring" outfits is just a bonus if it makes it happen.

that, and between comic packs and 5 packs and single packs and vehicles, we can get them all AND get newer characters that look better.

slim19722
11-01-2007, 10:13 PM
My First Joe was Zap, so I want him in the 25th style. I want all the fig's from 82-89 and some from the years after that. Hasbro said the original 13 would be available "in some form or another", so that tells me more comic packs, or hopefully with a vehicle or on single card.

Jack
11-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Well, we are halfway there, so I am sure it's only a matter of time. Hopefully Clutch and Steeler will come with 25TH style vehicles. Those of us who were around at the start will want the originals, Beach Head. Nostalgia is the main reason. I want to see them give us all the figures from 1982-1986 in this style at the very least because that was when I was collecting them and IMO it's when the figures were at their best. There are a few figures afterwards that I would also like to see, though. Falcon comes to mind.

wedge1968
11-02-2007, 01:26 PM
These are certainly the characters that I long to see. These are the characters that we've spent the most time with (with the toys, in the comic books), so it makes sense that these are the ones that we'd be most fond of.

I understand the statement about the plainness of the uniforms, but they are thus far doing a wonderful job with the look of these figures. I'd rather have a Zap (also my first) than any number of Bazookas or whoever else came later.

mizak23
11-02-2007, 01:42 PM
The only difference I would have with that list is Rock 'N Roll hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge, but otherwise it's accurate.

82to87Joes
11-02-2007, 04:57 PM
These are certainly the characters that I long to see. These are the characters that we've spent the most time with (with the toys, in the comic books), so it makes sense that these are the ones that we'd be most fond of.

I understand the statement about the plainness of the uniforms, but they are thus far doing a wonderful job with the look of these figures. I'd rather have a Zap (also my first) than any number of Bazookas or whoever else came later.

yeah when i was 8 back in '82 those outfits werent plain at all!

for me its all about nostalgia, i couldnt care less about playing with the figures, i just want them for display so they would stay in the package if i can get them that way. if all 13 (16) arent gonna be available as single packs i may open them all for a group display but id prefer not to

skinny
11-02-2007, 09:18 PM
yeah when i was 8 back in '82 those outfits werent plain at all!

for me its all about nostalgia, i couldnt care less about playing with the figures, i just want them for display so they would stay in the package if i can get them that way. if all 13 (16) arent gonna be available as single packs i may open them all for a group display but id prefer not to

I f they are in comic packs wont you have to buy two and open them up anyway in order to get Doc?:D

82to87Joes
11-03-2007, 10:33 AM
I f they are in comic packs wont you have to buy two and open them up anyway in order to get Doc?:D

nah ill just buy/trade for loose figures ;)

YELSEW
11-03-2007, 11:35 AM
I did not know we had waves confirmed clear to 7? What are they?

Shogi
11-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Wave 6 and 7 (2008 wave 2 & 3) aren't confirmed yet but there are figures listed in wal-mart computers that are speculated to be these two waves:

this is the first 10 that were found, as you can see the first 5 have been confirmed as wave 5:

Blade Destro
Snow Job
Flash
Snake Eyes Black
Crimson Guard

Armor CC
Torpedo
Major Bludd
Rock N Roll
Wild Bill

Then these names popped up recently in Wally world's computers:

Torpedo
H.I.S.S. Driver
Spirit
Flint (Tiger Force)
Viper

You'll notice however, that Torpedo's name showed up twice

thunt4
11-03-2007, 01:31 PM
I would love to see the original 13 in a stars and stripes style.I also think it would be cool to have a nostalgia tomax and xamot packed similiar to the original.I know they had this a few years back but it just doesn't look right in the regular two pack style.

djett
11-03-2007, 01:46 PM

Not to pick on ya, but I'd love all the originals in single packs. those characters made G.I. joe what it is, to me.

Give me Steeler and Short Fuse (short fuse was my first joe, I got him and the RAM motorcycle).

phillinley
11-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I don't get the big deal about getting the 13 all on single cards for nostalgia, when two of the 13 were never on single cards in the first place (Hawk and Steeler).
But then again I'm a loose completer, so I don't understand how you MOC'ers think anyway ;)

XtremeWRATH360
11-03-2007, 08:19 PM
I can't wait for the rest of the originals to come out. I was born in 84 so i didn't get into Joes till around 89 and by then the series had already passed its greatness. This right now is my chance to live the greatness that i missed. Thats why im getting every figure that comes out and want every figure that i missed that came out before i was born.

GI Steevy
11-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Wave 6 and 7 (2008 wave 2 & 3) aren't confirmed yet but there are figures listed in wal-mart computers that are speculated to be these two waves:

this is the first 10 that were found, as you can see the first 5 have been confirmed as wave 5:

Blade Destro
Snow Job
Flash
Snake Eyes Black
Crimson Guard

Armor CC
Torpedo
Major Bludd
Rock N Roll
Wild Bill

Then these names popped up recently in Wally world's computers:

Torpedo
H.I.S.S. Driver
Spirit
Flint (Tiger Force)
Viper

You'll notice however, that Torpedo's name showed up twice
Actually, I think it is the same Torpedo listing that ended up reported twice.

And until Hasbro reveals the official post wave 5 assortments, we don't know who will come in what wave

thunt4
11-04-2007, 03:27 PM
After thinking about it I think you are right that the 13 would be a lot cooler to get single carded.

slim19722
11-04-2007, 04:22 PM

Actually in this last Q&A, Hasbro said you won't have to open the packs to get the tags(or whatever they're called) to get the Doc figure. So for those MOC collectors, they really won't have to buy 2 packs for one to open and one to keep MOC.

Jbluez
11-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Actually in this last Q&A, Hasbro said you won't have to open the packs to get the tags(or whatever they're called) to get the Doc figure. So for those MOC collectors, they really won't have to buy 2 packs for one to open and one to keep MOC.

So...we will be seeing mass amounts of sticker theft then? :(

Shogi
11-04-2007, 05:35 PM

Where'd you hear that? All I saw was Hasbro saying that we'll need 6 upc stickers from the comic packs to get Doc

slim19722
11-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Where'd you hear that? All I saw was Hasbro saying that we'll need 6 upc stickers from the comic packs to get Doc

I read it from TNI,

In last week's Hasbro's GIJoe design team revealed you will need to obtain 6 "proof of purchase" stickers from the upcoming Comic 2-Packs. We went to Hasbro to get clarification on what exactly this "proof of purchase" will be. According to Hasbro, it will be a sticker inside the pack so the consumer will not need to cut the back of the package.

Eric Leavitt
11-04-2007, 07:39 PM
I read it from TNI,

In last week's Hasbro's GIJoe design team revealed you will need to obtain 6 "proof of purchase" stickers from the upcoming Comic 2-Packs. We went to Hasbro to get clarification on what exactly this "proof of purchase" will be. According to Hasbro, it will be a sticker inside the pack so the consumer will not need to cut the back of the package.

I think they mean no UPC codes, Flagg points, or Battle-Points because people hate cutting up their cards.

(1) I think they will be like Star Wars VOTC figures where you will have to open a clam shell or (2) they will be inside the figure bubble themselves. If there is no clamshell (option 2) then, you are opening the figure. If there clamshell is heat-sealed (option 1), then you are destroying the clamshell to get to the POP, hence, opening the toy (vey likely heat-sealed-how most Star Wars POPs have been done).

If the POP is not sealed inside the toy somehow, the POP is likely to be stolen. A bad scenario which Hasbro probably would not do.

slim19722
11-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah, option 2 sounds more reasonable, since they don't have clamshells that big or if they make bigger shells, that would make the price higher for 2 packs. So those who are into MOC may end up getting 2 of each. Guess I'll stick with the singles staying MOC for me and will open the comic packs.