What a day of hunting!!! Cases fellas, I'm talking cases!!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : What a day of hunting!!! Cases fellas, I'm talking cases!!!

smokehouse
11-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Yup, all I wanted to find was the remaining 4 wave 3 guys and I found them at my first stop (Target). I then went to a local Wal Mart looking for the new Masterpiece Starscream only to see that they were getting out cases new Hasbro stuff from the rear of the store.

This lady wheeled out a cart loaded with 25th ann figures, looked at the numerous Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow's and Serpentors on the shelf and started wheeling them back.

"Hey! Excuse me, are you going to open those cases?"

"No, my manager says if the shelves are full I'm not supposed to open new stuff."

"But these are the same figures, can't you put out some different ones?"

"Sorry, you'll have to talk to the manager about that."

I was going to get a full set for my buddy who has been desperately looking for the Wave 3 stuff but I just gave up.

I then went to another Wal Mart still looking for the Starscream only to find a Hasbro rep and cases of product at this store. I had a nice conversation with her and she said she's been stopped many time by guys looking for the 25th Joe stuff. She also said the Starscream hasn't made it this far east yet. I guess it comes out in California first (makes sense, it comes here from China) and moves east. She said to expect the Masterpiece units by this time next week.

BTW...she WAS nice enough to open some cases for me and I was able to get the W3 set for my buddy.

starrcommand
11-02-2007, 07:18 PM
That is awesome. I found a case of new stuff last week. Not cases but still. Had everything I wanted plus a few.

Tenric
11-02-2007, 07:26 PM
I would have pooped myself if I were you.

XtremeWRATH360
11-02-2007, 08:42 PM
The Target i work at put out a case of Wave 2 figures and i waited 4 hours till my lunch to buy them. I walked by the aisle every now and then to make sure they were still there, they were and bought them all. Now i just need Stalker,Firefly,Shipwreck and Cobra Commander from Wave 1 and i will have every figure of the waves. :D

Syna3sthesia
11-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Lucky day for you! How much is that Starscream MPC?

TEKWRX
11-02-2007, 10:58 PM

"No, my manager says if the shelves are full I'm not supposed to open new stuff."

Now this, I just don't understand. At all. She already had the cases rolled out, a customer there willing to buy a bunch of figs., and she says "no". I thought the whole point of these giant buildings labeled "Wal-Mart" was to you know, SELL STUFF!

I would have raised a big scene if I were you. That kind of stupidity really angers me.

smokehouse
11-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Lucky day for you! How much is that Starscream MPC?

looks like $60:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=Products/Detail&product_id=20776

Unlike the Japanese MP Starscream, this one is actually colored like the original cartoon.

Man do I want one bad...

stad
11-03-2007, 12:50 AM
looks like $60:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=Products/Detail&product_id=20776

Unlike the Japanese MP Starscream, this one is actually colored like the original cartoon.

Man do I want one bad...

They've made it as far east as Springfield MO, they are priced at $48.88.

Jbluez
11-03-2007, 01:35 AM
Yup, all I wanted to find was the remaining 4 wave 3 guys and I found them at my first stop (Target). I then went to a local Wal Mart looking for the new Masterpiece Starscream only to see that they were getting out cases new Hasbro stuff from the rear of the store.

This lady wheeled out a cart loaded with 25th ann figures, looked at the numerous Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow's and Serpentors on the shelf and started wheeling them back.

I was going to get a full set for my buddy who has been desperately looking for the Wave 3 stuff but I just gave up.

I then went to another Wal Mart still looking for the Starscream only to find a Hasbro rep and cases of product at this store. I had a nice conversation with her and she said she's been stopped many time by guys looking for the 25th Joe stuff. She also said the Starscream hasn't made it this far east yet. I guess it comes out in California first (makes sense, it comes here from China) and moves east. She said to expect the Masterpiece units by this time next week.

BTW...she WAS nice enough to open some cases for me and I was able to get the W3 set for my buddy.

You should have taken all the figures off the rack and said "I'm buying them all right now!" lol

cobraferret
11-03-2007, 01:44 AM

Typical of walmart.
Mark my words walmart will be reduced to nothing in the near future if they don't wise up and I am not talking about just the toys.Every time I go into a walmart a employee gives me an attitude.I am kind and respectful,but I expect that from wally world.I have helped tons of people find what they wanted when a employee said they didn't have it.Target is my place.I love it!!
By the way I did a price comparison on a whole lot of different items at walmart and different stores.Walmart is rarely cheaper anymore.Target is by far usually the cheapest.Or if something is a dollar cheaper at wally world I would rather give target that dollar and not have to put up with jerks.(I am not talking about all walmart employees,just the ones I have dealt with)

roboticplanet
11-03-2007, 02:51 AM
I've heard of sightings in TX too, definitely nothing on the West coast though.

LOCAL
11-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Last Saturday they had three wave 3 cases out at my local target. Later that week I found another 3 cases at another target as well as 4 cobra legions box sets. It seems that wave 3 is abundant in the Bay area . But the only figure I've found in wave two around here is Lady Jaye. As of Yesterday I have every 25th figure released so far since my wav 2 case I had on preorder arrived. I'm really looking forward to to the next wave. As well as some of the comic packs. I'm just wondering how readily available wav 1 of the comic packs are going to be since they are coming out in Jan. Some toys that come out in January are tough to find since the stores don't order too much of them due to the Holiday season being over.

mdp1212
11-03-2007, 08:01 AM
The only 25th figure I can find in Delaware are wave one Stormshadows and Snake Eyes, and IMO Walmart sucks

Commander Hawk
11-03-2007, 10:38 AM

That's correct. I live in Springfield, MO and one of the local Wal-Marts I went to last night had one on the shelf.

crimson tide
11-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Our Walmart and Target both have had wave 1,2, and 3 on more than one occasion. Target had the 5 packs ( both wave 1 and 2) a couple of times each. They even had several of the "rare" variant Shipwreck's (anchor tatoo).