25th Anniversary FLINT at $50.00 or more?!?!?!? WHAT THE HECK?!?! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary FLINT at $50.00 or more?!?!?!? WHAT THE HECK?!?!

Bermuda Mohawk
11-02-2007, 11:57 AM
So with the addition of a Tiger Force Flint to the 25th line, can that mean he is the Flint Hasbro said would be coming in future waves? Or do you think we'll still see the original released again?

Wave 3 contains all of Wave 1 except Flint. It's sad, mainly cause he's the only figure I still need. But with the Tiger Force Flint being slotted for Wave 7, it does leave some room for him to show up in Wave 4 or Wave 5. I doubt they'd have him out in Wave 6 or 7, unless he's a variant pack in with the TF version. I think that'd be a bad move, it would just make the TF one even harder to get.

Wondering if I should just pay the secondary market prices and put my mind at rest.

stad
11-03-2007, 12:00 AM
I don't think anything for wave 6 or 7 has been confirmed yet, let alone a TF Flint.

Bermuda Mohawk
11-03-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't think anything for wave 6 or 7 has been confirmed yet, let alone a TF Flint.

Not exactly yet, but those listings in the store computers do more often than not reveal alot of what is coming.

GI Steevy
11-04-2007, 07:43 AM
The first version of Flint is expected next month in one of several revisions of wave 3 cases due to retailers in time for Christmas

Syna3sthesia
11-04-2007, 09:24 AM
The first version of Flint is expected next month in one of several revisions of wave 3 cases due to retailers in time for Christmas

I was expecting this!

Random
11-04-2007, 03:25 PM

Great news!

slim19722
11-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah, Flint is all I need too, to get me caught up, at least until wave 4 hits in the coming weeks.

The Amazing Mutato
11-04-2007, 04:31 PM
I offered to trade some of my 25th Anniversary Wave 1 joes for Wave 2 & 3. Well after many pms, it seemed EVERYONE wanted my 2 Flints. I really didn't think anything was so special about him until someone offered a complete set of wave 2 & 3 for him. So then I got curious and hit ebay. Well it seems that they are selling for anywhere between $35.00 up to $70.00 just for the FLINT!!!!! What the heck happened here? Anyone have a clue?

Syna3sthesia
11-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Holy cow!!!!!

Time to sell mine for 1 million dollars...

That's just incredible!

smokehouse
11-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I've seen 1 Flint so far...1 and the card was mashed all to ****.

I cannot for the life of me find one anywhere...

Syna3sthesia
11-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Thats odd. I have bought 2 and seen the fig at least 2 other times when I was looking for wave 3!!!

Jack
11-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Holy impatient sheep, Batman! Hasbro will eventually put him back into the mix. The people that are paying that much are fools. Then again, that is how ebay and scalpers thrive. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Syna3sthesia
11-04-2007, 05:20 PM
So true...he is bound to get packaged with the upcoming waves but I guess if you gotta desperately have him right now, prepare to miss this month's car payment...

Erick
11-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Whoa, I don't understand this, I've seen Flint regularly in my area...

Bermuda Mohawk
11-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Great news!

Yes it is! I don't mind having to pay that $30-ish price they are going for on the market cause I was the idiot that skipped on buying him at Target twice. But to get him at retail would be better. Have there been any case counts, or retail listings noted online?

Random
11-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Whoa, I don't understand this, I've seen Flint regularly in my area...

I have never seen one. Somebody sell me one at retail is there's so many of them. :D

karamazov80
11-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Holy impatient sheep, Batman! Hasbro will eventually put him back into the mix. The people that are paying that much are fools. Then again, that is how ebay and scalpers thrive. A fool and his money are soon parted.
I'm guessing that there is still so much uncertainty, that people don't know for sure that he will be re-released, despite the rumors that the wave 1 figs will be, and despite Hasbro's love for re-using existing sculpts (for that reason alone, I would be shocked if he weren't re-released). But apart from that, it could just be hard-core collectors wanting to have a version of Flint's first release, which was relatively rare.

I saw him in the store twice, and bought him both times since he's my favorite Joe. At the time, I didn't think much of it. . .but, if anyone out there wants to trade an original, unopened Peach-backed 1985 Flint for an unopened 25th version, give me a holler :)

--edit--
I just browsed through ended auctions for him. . .wow.

gunslingercbr
11-04-2007, 09:15 PM
wave 1 wasn't released in as large a quantity as the other waves because nobody knew how popular it would be and was pretty hard to find, and Flint is the only figure from that wave not to be released again yet in another wave. so, if you missed wave 1, you could still get SE's, SS, CC and the Officer with 2 and 3. Flint you can't, which makes him one of the rarer figures of the line so far, and his second market value reflects that.

XtremeWRATH360
11-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Flint was one of the very first ones i got and havent seen him since and this was back in Aug.

Goldbug
11-04-2007, 09:51 PM
I have never seen one. I'm still hoping that Hasbro will release one with proper sleeves & gloves.

IlliniJoe
11-04-2007, 10:01 PM
That would only start a mad dash for a new round of variant flint listings on ebay!!!!!!

I have never seen one. I'm still hoping that Hasbro will release one with proper sleeves & gloves.

goodguyswearblack9
11-05-2007, 12:36 AM
The first time I found him I didn't have the money with me and thought he would be readily availible later; however, I can't find him anywhere either.

quintonarledge
11-05-2007, 08:08 AM
check it out HERE (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HJ63403C2)

They'll also be re-releasing some more Cobra Troopers, too.

And don't forget that Flint in his Tiger Force uniform is also rumored to be released next year in a Wave that will contain Spirit, Torpedo, Viper and a H.I.S.S. driver.

I kind of feel bad for all of those who shelled out big money on e-bay for a Flint, though.

quintonarledge
11-05-2007, 08:10 AM
check out my thread here (http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=52519).

quintonarledge
11-05-2007, 08:11 AM
To echo the news GI Steevy broke, I posted a new thread here (http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=52519).

quintonarledge
11-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Wave 3 Revision 2 case includes 8 individually packaged characters: 1x Cobra Commander (Hood), 1x Flint, 1x Cobra Red Ninja, 1x Beachhead, 1x Serpentor, 1x Lady Jaye, 1x Firefly, and 1x Cobra Trooper. (Subject to change.)

Wave 3 Revision 3 case includes 8 individually packaged characters: 1x Cobra Officer, 1x Cobra Red Ninja, 1x Zartan, 1x Serpentor, 1x Stalker, 1x Buzzer, and 2x Cobra Trooper. (Subject to change.)

Syna3sthesia
11-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Dude....I was about make 1 million dollars!!! selling my other Flints!

The Amazing Mutato
11-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I just unloaded my 2 Flints for $50.00 each. I made a cool $100.00!!! I wanted to strike while the iron is HOT!!!!!!:D

Syna3sthesia
11-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Seriously...Wow....

I actually want to sell the entire wave...
You think I could make more than just selling the fig alone!

The Amazing Mutato
11-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I would just sell the flint.

Syna3sthesia
11-05-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm totally doing it....Thanks!

Desert Fox
11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
It's odd, because I don't know about everyone else's area, but when series 1 first hit, Flint wasn't at all hard to find. In fact, I passed on him several times before picking him up. I guess once enough interest grew, people started buying him.

emorganicobra
11-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I can't (and never could) find Flint anywhere. I'm gonna be really upset if they make a TF Flint. They should just re-release Flint so everone can get him I mean why can't Hasbro do that!?

rODDEad03
11-05-2007, 08:33 PM
he's cool......

jerod

firefly owns you
11-05-2007, 09:24 PM
I can't (and never could) find Flint anywhere. I'm gonna be really upset if they make a TF Flint. They should just re-release Flint so everone can get him I mean why can't Hasbro do that!?

because releasing the same exact figure would be redundant. unless that figure is snake eyes. :(

rODDEad03
11-05-2007, 09:47 PM
For sigma six FLINT i bought him on EBAY

he was 13 bucks with shipping and came in the box.

Jerod

GBPackRat
11-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Wow..

Thats just insane... I just bought one off the boards here for $11 and I was feeling a little buyer remorse because I didn't wait for him retail...

Whew, glad I grabbed mine when I did...

I must say though, I wasn't very impressed with the figure. Most of the 25th figures rock, but Flint just doesn't look right...

Tanner

rODDEad03
11-05-2007, 11:23 PM
I like the 80's and 90's molds

where screws were involved......................

i can't get into the 25th ****.

Jerod

yojoebro82
11-05-2007, 11:38 PM
I offered to trade some of my 25th Anniversary Wave 1 joes for Wave 2 & 3. Well after many pms, it seemed EVERYONE wanted my 2 Flints. I really didn't think anything was so special about him until someone offered a complete set of wave 2 & 3 for him. So then I got curious and hit ebay. Well it seems that they are selling for anywhere between $35.00 up to $70.00 just for the FLINT!!!!! What the heck happened here? Anyone have a clue?

I'll try to answer that question.
Collectors are a jittery bunch. If they don't see something in their area it must be "VHTF", "rare", or "worth" a lot.
Example: I read a post somewhere where a guy bought the "rare" anchor tatoo Shipwreck off ebay for a butt-load of money. Because no one could find wave 3 in stores, right? Well...now wave 3 is starting to hit and (oops) anchor Shipwreck, isn't so rare.

Give Flint time, he'll show again. Maybe they'll put gloves on him.....

karamazov80
11-05-2007, 11:52 PM
I hope they don't release Flint with gloves, seeing as how I already went to all the trouble to make my own and all. . .

Anyway, after thinking about this some more, I understand why Flint is so expensive. Everyone spontaneously realized that he is the greatest Joe of them all. Finally, everyone gets it. . .

Lody
11-06-2007, 05:02 AM
Wow..

Thats just insane... I just bought one off the boards here for $11 and I was feeling a little buyer remorse because I didn't wait for him retail...

Whew, glad I grabbed mine when I did...

I must say though, I wasn't very impressed with the figure. Most of the 25th figures rock, but Flint just doesn't look right...

Tanner

You're welcome ;)
Can you return the package...I sent you the wrong one :D

yojoebro82
11-06-2007, 08:00 AM
I hope they don't release Flint with gloves

Oooohhhhh no! After all the hooplah over him NOT having them, no one gets to change their mind NOW :D ;)

Jay West
11-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Even more insanity. I found this on amazon.com. $80??? I'd think this would almost be against amazon's policies seeing as it is a figure that is still theoretically available. This is unbelieveable.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Anniversary-Flint-Action-Figure/dp/B000T8AKO4/ref=sr_1_8/103-6529515-6090256?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1194629627&sr=1-8#productPromotions

I actually e-mailed amazon about this. It's almost criminal

Volleydan
11-10-2007, 06:29 AM
I got a table at a local toy show, and figured if this was the case I would just take my Flint (and the Officer too) and unload them for a pretty penny. What the heck, I can buy him again when he's reissued, right?

Problem is, three other vendors at the show also have this figure, and they're only asking ten bucks for it...no more or less than any of their other 25th figs...I just brought mine back home. Also, the truth is that Joe just doesn't do well at shows in this area :( . I'll probably be lucky to get my money back on this weekend.

On a side note, does anyone know if the reissue will have different packaging...i.e. will it be a "five back" like series one, or will he be a "ten back" like subsequent series? I think I've seen some of the wave 2 repacks of SS and CC, and they seem to still have orginal packaging.....

Snake-eyes01
11-12-2007, 09:57 AM
I went to Knotts Berry Farm (Theme Park) yesterday & I couldn't believe my eyes! I went to a toy store inside the park & they actually had TWO Flint's MOC for sale along with the rest of wave 1! I picked up an extra Flint, I would have purchased both but the other had a trashed card.

Anyway, just a heads-up that they can still be found!

yo-man2
11-12-2007, 10:24 AM
i just found an extra...any takers?