25th anniversary 'large' vehicles & playsets [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 25th anniversary 'large' vehicles & playsets

Erick
11-04-2007, 07:50 PM
If you could choose just one large vehicle or playset to be made for the 25th line which would it be?

I know this is unlikely to happen, just wanted to see everyone's opinion...;)

Jbluez
11-04-2007, 07:56 PM
If you could choose just one large vehicle or playset to be made for the 25th line which would it be?

The Skystriker. :cool:

kerowack
11-04-2007, 08:06 PM
My wallet doesn't want any big vehicles/playsets...

My heart wants a Terrordrome.

Realistically, an AWE Striker is about as big as I think we'll see.

Jbluez
11-04-2007, 08:09 PM

I can so relate to all of that. :D

Random
11-04-2007, 08:12 PM

LOL! I want a Rattler. :)

Or a radio control Mobat.

Bermuda Mohawk
11-04-2007, 08:21 PM
I think I'd rather have larger boxed sets of smaller vehicles. Like a Flight Pod and C.L.A.W. set that includes three Cobra troopers and a Officer.

Super Sport
11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
The TD hands down.

Lucid Enigma
11-04-2007, 11:04 PM
USS Flagg!!!!!!

I would drop $300 on a new one.

(I can dream, can't I?)

XtremeWRATH360
11-05-2007, 05:03 AM
Flagg or TD

Currahee_Chris
11-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Flagg or TD

I second that!!

Mark my words- in 2008, we will see some vehicle and/or playset. I just gotta think this release has been too succesful to not do something. May not be a jumbo set but something like the AWE Striker, Rattler, Hiss, even Mobat, Slugger or Wolverine are in.

The operators of those vehicles are just too critical to the joe storyline to omit- Wild Bill, Ace, Cover Girl, Steeler, Wild Weasel, etc.

Joebern28
11-05-2007, 10:20 AM
I have to add another vote for the Flagg! Never had it as a kid, would love to have it now. I think Bermuda might be on to somthing with the smaller vehicles type of pack tho. That would be sweet to get a trouble bubble, claw, and even possibly a fang in some kind of three pack. I think I would be willing to pay 30-40 bucks for that. But again all possible pipe dreams. Oh well no one said we can't dream!:D

misfit815
11-05-2007, 03:04 PM
A Fang 3-pack... now that would be nifty...

Why hasn't anyone suggested the VAMP yet?

J

Erick
11-05-2007, 03:50 PM
USS Flagg!!!!!!

I would drop $300 on a new one.

(I can dream, can't I?)

We, adult collectors, can spend that amount of money on a large playset, the problem is the kids...few parents would buy a $300 plus toy nowadays.

Back to our dreams...:D

I'd like to see a retooled Rolling Thunder or Thunderclap

Sergeant Rob
11-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm down for a new Skystriker.

Tenric
11-05-2007, 04:16 PM
I'd vote Terror Drome because it's big, but not super massive. I wouldn't mind seeing the Defiant either.

Jon_Boy
11-05-2007, 04:24 PM
A Fang 3-pack... now that would be nifty...

Why hasn't anyone suggested the VAMP yet?

J

The VAMP was available at the con. Besides, they have already ruined it with all of the retooling that was done to it.

stad
11-05-2007, 04:32 PM
I second that!!

Mark my words- in 2008, we will see some vehicle and/or playset. I just gotta think this release has been too succesful to not do something. May not be a jumbo set but something like the AWE Striker, Rattler, Hiss, even Mobat, Slugger or Wolverine are in.

The operators of those vehicles are just too critical to the joe storyline to omit- Wild Bill, Ace, Cover Girl, Steeler, Wild Weasel, etc.

Umm, yeah. The AWE Striker and HISS have already been announced, along with a new SHARC.

gijoe071681
11-05-2007, 04:36 PM
gotta have a classic vamp and i'm thinking a stinger 4wd although those don't seem to be large so for large moray and whale

Jbluez
11-05-2007, 04:39 PM
We, adult collectors, can spend that amount of money on a large playset, the problem is the kids...few parents would buy a $300 plus toy nowadays.

Back to our dreams...

I'd like to see a retooled Rolling Thunder or Thunderclap
Also, as an adult, some of my enthusiasm for the FLAGG has waned. :(

It's a problem of scale and aesthetics. I just can't look at it without thinking it is silly. Only 3 Skystrikers will fit on it at the most.

Remember how it was seven and a half feet long? In order to be in proper scale (1:18) It would have to be seven and a half feet WIDE, and a wopping FIFTY FOUR feet long! :eek::eek::eek:

DevilKing
11-05-2007, 04:48 PM

The Cobra HISS.

If 2, the HISS and the Rattler.

XtremeWRATH360
11-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Also, as an adult, some of my enthusiasm for the FLAGG has waned. :(

It's a problem of scale and aesthetics. I just can't look at it without thinking it is silly. Only 3 Skystrikers will fit on it at the most.

Remember how it was seven and a half feet long? In order to be in proper scale (1:18) It would have to be seven and a half feet WIDE, and a wopping FIFTY FOUR feet long! :eek::eek::eek:

I will buy that and invite everyone here for a grand party!

Reptilian Popinjay
11-05-2007, 05:19 PM
A COBRA Temple playset based on the MASS Device/Silent Castle in comic #21 look.

Bigtattoo
11-05-2007, 05:22 PM
COBRA TRANSPORT CHOPPER!!

If ever there was a new vehicle that needed to be built, this is it.

Jbluez
11-05-2007, 06:35 PM
I will buy that and invite everyone here for a grand party!

Woot! I am so there. lol

XtremeWRATH360
11-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Woot! I am so there. lol

Alright expect your invite within the next few weeks. Also please note that the Skystrikers will be grounded for the night. :)

djett
11-06-2007, 01:44 PM
COBRA TRANSPORT CHOPPER!!

If ever there was a new vehicle that needed to be built, this is it.

I gotta give a big amen, to that, brotha. I've been screaming for one (you may have heard me in the Highland) for years.

The one that looks like this.
http://www.combatreform2.com/sik_s-64.jpg

nemesis
11-06-2007, 05:43 PM
... just to be different, I really, really want them to give us an F-15 clone. Please?

... 2nd choice, a T-84 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-84) clone for Cobra.

EDIT: I realise this is the 25th anniversay, but really, both these things should have been in the Joe line back in the 80s ...

Jbluez
11-06-2007, 05:56 PM
... just to be different, I really, really want them to give us an F-15 clone. Please?

... 2nd choice, a T-84 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-84) clone for Cobra.

EDIT: I realise this is the 25th anniversay, but really, both these things should have been in the Joe line back in the 80s ...

Yes, well, as I stated in my "upgrade the tech" thread, I would love a new upgraded Skystriker based on the F22 Raptor, but it should probably wait until after the 25th anniversary. (Maybe it will be in the movie! :eek:)

stad
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
I gotta give a big amen, to that, brotha. I've been screaming for one (you may have heard me in the Highland) for years.

The one that looks like this.
http://www.combatreform2.com/sik_s-64.jpg

I would be more than satisfied with one like this:

http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/customs_xml_multi.php?t=gp&d=protovehics&c=constrictor

code red shockwave
11-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Well I actually am hoping we get a new playset more than any vehicle...we could always use more of those, as long as it's not a Star Wars rehash like the COBRA Mountain set.

djett
11-07-2007, 10:43 PM
I would be more than satisfied with one like this:

http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/customs_xml_multi.php?t=gp&d=protovehics&c=constrictor

yeah, bigtattoo showed that to me just the other day. thats a great custom.

Aoecean
11-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Assuming they do 25th worms...give him a zepplin. I want my cobra zepplin for my jetpack troopers!

Oh yeah and any of the IG vehicles.

emorganicobra
11-08-2007, 03:33 AM
Well I actually am hoping we get a new playset more than any vehicle...we could always use more of those, as long as it's not a Star Wars rehash like the COBRA Mountain set.
A new playset would be my choice over any vehicle for sure.
I mean Cobra never really got a decent base or anything, and the Cobra mountain set is just a joke.

spacemonkey
11-08-2007, 07:46 AM
The transport chopper would be awesome! Ever since the story in the 2nd yearbook I have been hoping they would make one.

scm
11-08-2007, 01:18 PM
uss flagg & defiant space shuttle

mjgriffi
11-09-2007, 05:00 PM
I am happy with lots of smaller vehicles. I don't think I would have enough room for any large vehicles or playsets.:(