So.... How do I get Zartan to change color? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : So.... How do I get Zartan to change color?

Starduster 3.16
11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
What am I doing wrong?

Not only did I not know that Zartan was released until this morming. I mysteriously got lucky at my local K-mart and snagged one today.

Now I discover from cruising Ebay that there is a variant. Mine did not have the 'color change' sticker. But his face still looks like the old school plastic that changes color.

So I put him out in the sunlight like I used to when I was a kid, and lo and behold....nothing.

So is the one without the sticker not a color change edition?

Is mine defective?

Am I doing something wrong?

Or am I just a dumbass?

Can someone please help?

rODDEad03
11-06-2007, 01:31 PM
i dont know if my toxic zartan changes color or not.........

im not sure which zartan you bought either.....

Jerod

blackdragon
11-06-2007, 01:46 PM
lol yea the vintage zartan changes color in the sunlight but the new 25th one works different. It works on how cold it is. The colder it is the greener it turns. I put mine in the freezer for five minutes to try it out and it works. If the room is cold enough too it will just stay green lol.

Oh yea and as far as i know theres color changing zartans in packages marked with the "color change" bubble and without it. Some marked with the "color change" bubble might have a non changing zartan too as far as i've seen on the internet. Theres so many variants its nuts. But i'd say just throw him in the fridge for a little while if ur not sure.

bigklop
11-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Cold seems to do the trick, so try sticking him in your freezer for a minute or two. Although I have heard reports of some of the 'no color change' Zartans not working, so yours may be one of those. But again it seems the color change ability now happens in the cold for the 25th Zartan, not in sunlight like the vintage figure.

Mike

cobraferret
11-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Cold seems to do the trick, so try sticking him in your freezer for a minute or two. Although I have heard reports of some of the 'no color change' Zartans not working, so yours may be one of those. But again it seems the color change ability now happens in the cold for the 25th Zartan, not in sunlight like the vintage figure.

Mike
You don't have to open the package to see if you have a non-color changing or not,just stick in freezer for a few minutes and you will know.

Starduster 3.16
11-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to go try the freezer thing.

sorry rODD I didn't realise they put another Zartan out for the S6 line when I posted that earlier, otherwise I would have been clearer.

BTW I did see that particular Zartan hanging on the shelf at my local Walmart about a half hour ago. Does that one actually change color too.

Should I have picked that one up? I don't collect S6 figs but if it's rare and someone needs it I can pick it up for them if it's still there.