Give a 25th to your kid? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Give a 25th to your kid?

lockenvar
11-06-2007, 06:48 PM
I have two of all the 25th figures and decided to give my kid one. Anybody else break down and do the same? Also, if you did give your kid one, which one did you give him/her? (I gave my son a Stormy)

Serpentor878
11-06-2007, 06:56 PM
I gave my son most of wave 1 and wave 2 and a gold and silver PDD.

slim19722
11-06-2007, 07:00 PM
I have 2 sons and they go back and forth with action figures. So I only bought 1 of each of the single card to keep MOC and I had the 3 5-packs displayed loose and when my sons came over they were all over my displayed fig's. So I showed them my carded ones and they wanted those, to play with. Had I known they would like'em, I woulda bought a second set to open, but at least I know what to get them for Christmas now.

Currahee_Chris
11-06-2007, 07:41 PM
My kids can play with mine anytime they want- I kind of buy them for "us" which means we all get to use them. I don't protect my figures at all, they are action figures and the best action they will ever see are in the hands of a kid. They really aren't action figure kids though- however, if I say "Let's break out the Joes" then they are all over that.

Viper Commander
11-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I dont have kids, but Im dropping off 3 25th Cobra Officers, a Star Wars 30th Concept Fett, a Tie Interceptor, and a Utapau Shadow Clone, all sealed, into my local Toys For Tots barrel/bin. I figured with all the collectors and scalpers cleaning the aisles, kids never get a chance to own the cool looking action figures, maybe because of me some kids will get into action figure collecting! :)

kerowack
11-06-2007, 07:57 PM
I have a nephew who is 3 and is the perfect height to attack my "fist in the air" line of 83-85 Joes (missing only 5) and he comes over and says, "Can I see the dudes?" He IMMEDIATELY goes to grab them and it got so bad that I just bought him a few cheap ones online and made his own little line (basically out of some cheap newer joes). So now I have my complete with weapon Joes on one shelf and my nephews ragtag valor vs. venom Joes on the other....

NO WAY a kid is touching my carefully posed stuff!

But to be fair, I've been like that with my Joes since I was 5.

Zodiacflash
11-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, my kids are big fans of my collection, but since they're not allowed to touch, they demanded some new troops of their own. The boy got Beachhead and the girls each got a Lady Jaye.

Jam
11-06-2007, 09:38 PM
I gave in and gave my daughter Lady Jaye. She is 5 now and she loves watching the shows with me from the 80's on DVD. I was forced into opening the Cobra 5 pack, because she wanted the Baroness. I simply couldnt hold out anymore, but atleast I still have these unopened as well. She also has Beachhead, and Shipwreck, her favorite male character. I cant imagine her growing up not being able to open any of this stuff, I sure as **** never kept anything open when i was that young :)

MacGyver
11-07-2007, 06:12 AM
My kids can play with mine anytime they want- I kind of buy them for "us" which means we all get to use them. I don't protect my figures at all, they are action figures and the best action they will ever see are in the hands of a kid.

Yeah that's how it is in our house! Right now kiddo mostly has Sigmas which are kind of "ours"...lol, I goof with them even when he's not around! lol. And I don't hover over him and make sure he treats them well, even my customs. As far as 25A figs...he's got Flint...the ONE single pack I've found in a store! I do have the Joe and Cobra 5 packs put aside to give him for Christmas. And also 4 wave 3's that I got in a trade. Kiddo will probably play with those more than I will...but I'm gonna have a hard time handing over Shipwreck!!!! LOL...It's been torture just not opening him up!

Jam
11-07-2007, 07:44 AM
Well as I posted before I gave her a cobra solier and a cobra commander. I put all the loose equipment in thier own individual bags. Little did I know the helmets came off of them. I quickly found out as she has lost them not even within a days time. Not only that, but the Baroness has mysteriously dissapeared as well. I guess it does not help to have two cats in the house.

gijoe071681
11-07-2007, 08:11 AM
I dont have kids, but Im dropping off 3 25th Cobra Officers, a Star Wars 30th Concept Fett, a Tie Interceptor, and a Utapau Shadow Clone, all sealed, into my local Toys For Tots barrel/bin. I figured with all the collectors and scalpers cleaning the aisles, kids never get a chance to own the cool looking action figures, maybe because of me some kids will get into action figure collecting! :)
right on scalpers make it really difficult for kids to get anything cool and you sir have done great service to kids everywhere. and no i haven't let my daughters play with my 25ths yet but one of them is really interested in the older lines so she plays with some corps guys and some funskool but she has got a buttload of vsv waiting for her for christmas and maybe a 25th 5 pack or 2.

djett
11-07-2007, 09:11 AM

Good For You!! I try to do the same thing, I was helped one christmas by the marines toys for tots, so every year I make sure and drop off some toys to the recruiting office. My son is three now and last year we picked out some toys together and dropped them off. And now thats one of his favorite parts of Christmas. Ain't I the proud papa.

As far as letting him play with the "I joes" as he calls them, yeah, for the most part I let him play with them. their are some kept out of his reach intentionally. that I'll let him play with when I'm around. but he gets all of the PTE guy's I only want the vehicles and props.

But I couldn't imagine being a kid in a house full of toys and not being allowed to touch them, I mean, forget water boarding, thats real torture.

Random
11-07-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm giving my step daughter a 25th Joe boxed set for Christmas. She loves playing with my old Joes so I though "Why not?". :D She's 7.

HXDelgado
11-07-2007, 12:49 PM
I started buying the 25th set for my future son until I opened one and was dissapointed in the construction. I love how they look and now I am just collecting the set for myself. My future boys will have to play with the old style.
When I speak of the construction I am referring to the guys not holding their weapons very well, not being able to sit well, their heads popping off pretty easily, and one of my cobra troopers legs came out of joint at the knee after positioning him for a minute. I had to get pliers to squeeze his leg back in joint.
All that being said I love the 25th line and hope to get them all. Just missing flint right now.

Syna3sthesia
11-07-2007, 03:50 PM
As soon as I get: A. Kids
B. Find more than one figs at the stores

Erick
11-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't have kids either, but I'm giving a CC to my little nephew, hopefully, he'll become a Joe fan someday