Pumped about 25th figures/Couple ?s [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Pumped about 25th figures/Couple ?s

Shockwave Time
11-07-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm new around here and I just wanna say I'm really happy hasbro decided to release these 25th anniversary figures. I was obsessed with GI Joe as a kid and had a nice collection of figures and comics, went on to collect some star wars toys when they started the power of the force series, got tired of it and for the last several years my action figure collecting has been reduced to occaisionally searching for mcfarlane sports figures of my favorite teams. I would always check on the Joe selection but there was nothing that really reminded me of the real Joes ( I did buy a sigma 6 storm shadow that looks similar to the original).

So I heard they were finally making a live action Joe movie and went to the net to look for some info when I came to YoJoe and found out about the 25th figures. I went out yesterday and scoured my local stores, picked up the cobra 5-pack, a Snake Eyes & Stormshadow and they are AWESOME. Couldn't resist opening up the 5-pack and putting them on diplay, still cant decide if I should open the other two or not. Kind of want to but the cards are great too. The only other on card figure I could find in my area was hooded cobra commander which I passed on for now but regret because it seems Stormy and Snake Eyes are the easiest to find? How many waves are actually in stores now? Any other collectors in Southern Ohio/Cincinnati area who know where the newer waves could be found?

Sorry for the rambling first post, just excited to have a reason to restart an old hobby. Happy hunting.

Erick
11-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Hey, welcome aboard mate! :)

How many waves are actually in stores now? Any other collectors in Southern Ohio/Cincinnati area who know where the newer waves could be found?

Sorry for the rambling first post, just excited to have a reason to restart an old hobby. Happy hunting.

We have our unofficial 25th anniversary checklist (http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=52273) (thanks to quintonarledge and everyone who posted all that info), a good source to see what's in stores now and what's coming next!

About your other question, please visit the Regional & Sightings (http://forums.yojoe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) forum, here you'll find that kind of information

I hope you enjoy your time on the boards, and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

rODDEad03
11-07-2007, 11:40 PM
I personally believe that the one thing that stands out
and makes the 25th anniversary gijoe toys the best is
that the artwork is very similar to the 1980's gijoes
that we all like and grew up with...........some of the toys
look marvelous such as Zartan and cobra commander..........
other than that

i think the prices should be reduced to store value of

4.99 a piece the toys are dinky..........unlike the ones with
screws that we grew up with.

:)

Jerod

Shockwave Time
11-08-2007, 08:15 PM
I personally believe that the one thing that stands out
and makes the 25th anniversary gijoe toys the best is
that the artwork is very similar to the 1980's gijoes
that we all like and grew up with...........some of the toys
look marvelous such as Zartan and cobra commander..........
other than that

i think the prices should be reduced to store value of

4.99 a piece the toys are dinky..........unlike the ones with
screws that we grew up with.

:)

Jerod

Thanks for the info Erick.

I love the retro packaging too and how they took the original designs and made them more detailed. I haven't been able to get into the later Joe releases because they looked too superheroish and kind of cheesy imo. Agree with you on the price too. The figures are kind of thin and seem to be made of a softer plastic. I actually paid $6.99 a piece at Biggs because it was the first place I found any but then went to TRU and found them for $5.99 that's one of the reasons why I still haven't opened my on card figures, I might just take the two I have back and go across the street even though it's only a matter of 2 bucks. Either way, I'm really looking forward to hunting down some more.

HXDelgado
11-08-2007, 10:42 PM
They are 4.88 at the wal marts around richmond va if you can find any. I went to a walmart today that had taken the tags off of the peg where the 25th used to be.