Major bummer at Wal Mart tonight [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Major bummer at Wal Mart tonight

Big Boa's punching bag 26
11-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I've been lucky enough to find waves 1 & 2 here locally but the same figures have been warming the pegs for the longest time Lady Jaye, Serpentor, and Cobra Commander there's like 2 of each just dangling there so I keep hoping and checking for wave 3 to get here well I walk in tonight and in the distance I see the pegs full again so I'm thinking to myself, YES they finally got here! Well as I walked up to them I noticed they were wave 2 figures again God knows how long it will take them to sell through the 2 cases of these that they put out:( .

karamazov80
11-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Preaching to the converted, brother. I hate those dang wave 2's. I can't find a Stalker, Zartan, or Firefly to save my life.

whitedalek
11-08-2007, 11:27 PM
At least you're finding them up there, Big Boa. Down here, the Wal-Mart in Lady Lake refuses to carry GI Joe. :mad:

Aoecean
11-09-2007, 01:44 AM
Their appearing every two weeks and I buy them all up.

I have yet to get a yellow stalker.

Syna3sthesia
11-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Wave 2 showed up once and then it was never to be spoken about again at my TRU. I found wave 3 at a Target and went back again and all they had was a lonely Stalker.

Recondo76
11-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Target is the best place to find Wave 3...and the only place i've even seen it...but i have seen it in three different Targets...

polyphenus
11-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Target is the best place to find Wave 3...and the only place i've even seen it...but i have seen it in three different Targets...

I've seen Wave 3 at a Target and a Meijer. My Wal Mart has two cases on hand but has not yet put them out. I have been checking every day this week and with my luck the figures will go out this weekend or Monday when I can't check. I refuse to pay $1 more per figure at Target when they can be had for cheaper at Wal Mart. I guess I'll continue to wait...

Jay West
11-09-2007, 11:23 AM
It is funny how all over the board distribution is. My Target just got Wave 2 and the K-mart next door just got Wave 3. Before that Target got three cases of Wave 1 in August I think. These are the first carded Joes to show up here since then.

rhoadswarrior
11-09-2007, 07:50 PM
I live in Columbus, OH and my local stores had all 3 waves as far as I could tell. They had tons a week ago and now everything is gone. I'm just scared that they're not going to carry anything anymore.

gnawgahyde
11-09-2007, 11:46 PM
How much are the figures by you? I haven't even been able to get all of wave one in New Jersey. So if you want buy me one of each I'll pay you and then maybe they will order more by you.

Harrison
11-10-2007, 05:01 AM
Here in Michigan I was on the East side of the state (about two hours from home) visiting a family member. I had a few hours to burn so my wife and two sons went to walmart to look at toys, christmas is right around the corner so I'm in the bike isle right next to the joes when i see it.

I never witnessed a person put in every joe that was on the pegs into their cart. There was between forty and fifty joes, the pegs were full. He wasn't any of the sigma kind it was the 25th.

Desperad07
11-10-2007, 07:47 AM
I live in northern New Jersey, the most densely populated area in the country. Two Targets, a Wal-Mart, two TRUs....all within a short radius of where I live and work. And i've hit them all up regularly the last few weeks. All I've ever seen are the first two 5-packs and some lingering Storm Shadow 2.0 and Snake Eyes 2.0s. I finally stumbled upon the Cobra Legions pack this past week.

No Wave 2.
No Wave 3.

So sorry if i don't feel any sympathy for you! haha. Seriously though...i don't get why the stores by me are so lean. Always empty pegs, if any at all. It's unreal to me when I read of people getting Waves 2 and 3 when in my mind they don't exist....all i see is "preorder" on the internet stores and zilch in the physical stores.

Cobras Toys
11-10-2007, 08:24 AM
I've seen Wave 3 at a Target and a Meijer. My Wal Mart has two cases on hand but has not yet put them out. I have been checking every day this week and with my luck the figures will go out this weekend or Monday when I can't check. I refuse to pay $1 more per figure at Target when they can be had for cheaper at Wal Mart. I guess I'll continue to wait...

But think of all that Gas. Buy them when you find them so you can stop looking. Thats when you save money on GAS!

statesofeuphoria
11-10-2007, 12:07 PM
I have yet to see any wave 2 within driving distance of me. only waves 1&3.

rhoadswarrior
11-10-2007, 07:13 PM
How much are the figures by you? I haven't even been able to get all of wave one in New Jersey. So if you want buy me one of each I'll pay you and then maybe they will order more by you.
I'm new to this so I'll probably sound stupid, but anyway...I've bought Zartan, Cobra Officer, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, and Red Cobra Ninja. I have a double of the latter still in the package. Every body here is sold out except for the 5 figure box deal. I need to learn how to make friends with the stockers. Wal-mart is 4.88 and everyone else is 5.99 so far.

29thLetsGoJoe
11-10-2007, 08:52 PM
I went to two Walmarts today for Christmas shopping and bought one Cobra trooper and a SS at $4.88 apiece. I left a SS and SE for someone else. So far I have all of WAVE 1,2, and 3, plus a Gold Head Destro and several Silver head Destros, a Convention Doc and two of the Cobra female troopers. Walmart prices are great, but you almost have to go Ebay to be sure and get 'em all.

statesofeuphoria
11-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Wal-mart is 4.88 and everyone else is 5.99 so far.

I don't mind paying a dollar more if I could find them, just out of convenience. I hit 4 stores this morning before 8:30 and nothing but empty pegs. Where are these huge amounts of figures they say are coming? I am about to give up all together.

Gigahound
11-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Diecast collectors have the same issues with every new line, places like Target will put out an initial order to "test" the waters and when it sells out they order a bazillion more of the same thing or the next available wave. Then the last few cases don't sell because eveyone who wants it has it and is waiting for the next wave. So Target likes to put the remainder on clearence then discontinue that product line. Target is very quick to do this, other stores will wait upwards to a year or more, but not them, if the pegs stay empty (sometimes distribution problems arise) they will reset that area (empty pegs = zero sales) with something else; or full pegs too long and to the clearence aisle it goes and a reset ensues.

Many fine product lines have suffered this way. The manufacturers don't produce enough selection early on, the stores don't order enough of a new "hot" product, then once the manufacturers start to really pump it out the stores quickly order too much of one case code (bulk purchases = more profit).

Good luck in your hunt, have yet to see any of the 25th in my area.

Big Boa's punching bag 26
11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Went and checked today they had
Serpentor
Lady Jaye
Beachhead
Buzzer
Cobra Commander
Storm Shadow
Snake Eyes
If anyone needs these and can get me a Shipwreck, Stalker, Zartan, Firefly, or Red Ninja in exchange lmk
I'd go to Target but it's like an hour away so Wal Mart is my only source, I guess I'm at their mercy unless I want to pay inflated ebay prices.

Joebern28
11-13-2007, 09:30 AM
I have seen an abundance of Wave 3 in my area. They are constantly on the pegs at WM, but the only way I got Wave 2 was to buy them off of ebay. I have yet to see any of wave 2 hanging on pegs anywhere in Northern Ohio.

Reptilian Popinjay
11-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Wave 2 has been a lot more scarce in my area as well. I just found another case of Wave 3 at TRU this morning. These are the first 25th singles that store has had since they got one case of Wave 1 months ago. Their stock of box sets is stacking up, too, since for some reason TRU charges $5 more than everybody else for them.

I've seen a lot more of Wave 3 than Wave 2. I've seen more Wave 3 than Wave 1 when it was out.

code red shockwave
11-13-2007, 06:37 PM
All I find is Sigma Six stuff for Wal-Mart and Target. Hopefully next Tuesday I can find something at TRU...well, if they're slow enough to still have the comic pack #44 and #101 a few months ago, then maybe the single packs or 5-packs will start showing up.