Snake Eyes 25th: Peg or No Peg hole? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Snake Eyes 25th: Peg or No Peg hole?

exo_kopaka
11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
I recently got Snake Eyes 25th Single Pack for my birthday. However, after opening, we found out that there was an excessively massive indent on his face. Not so good. He looked like a deflated marshmellow.

So we decide to return it, but before we did, we got another Snake Eyes (thank God), without a deflated head. I inspected the two figures, and I found out the new one has a peg hole for a backpack on the back! :eek:

I checked Yo Joe! of course, and found out this variation had just come out.

I can easily swap the heads (Toys R Us wont know the difference *wink* *wink*), but I don't know which one to keep.

The peg hole looks disturbing, but I don't know if Hasbro will release some super Ninja mech thing that uses that peg, so I'm really scared to swap the figures, to find out that that peg hole was actually useful.

So my question is:

Should I keep the one with a peg hole? Will it be useful later on? Or should I swap heads? :confused:

RedClaw
11-19-2007, 10:52 PM
The peg is the new back-hole to allow for backpacks. Keep which ever one you find the most aesthetically pleasing.

goodguyswearblack9
11-20-2007, 12:35 AM
They're like 5 dollars each; keep them both.

stad
11-20-2007, 10:44 AM
They're like 5 dollars each; keep them both.

Why would he keep a defective item? Unless I already had a custom planned using just the body, and no use for the head, I wouldn't even keep it for custom fodder. Not when it's easy enough to get one that's not defective.

therobidentity
11-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Why would he keep a defective item? Unless I already had a custom planned using just the body, and no use for the head, I wouldn't even keep it for custom fodder. Not when it's easy enough to get one that's not defective.

If he is going to swap the head, I would say that keeping both figures is just the right thing to do. If you return a modified figure, it's basically a swap. Now... if it's returned as defective and TRU RMA/RTVs it, there's really no practical harm done... one more figure destroyed, or if Hasbro wants it back, they "fix" and repackage, or melt down, or whatever it is they do. If it goes back on the shelf though, either someone winds up with a defective frankenfigure, or it becomes a peg-warmer. Really... it's whether or not he feels comfortable returning a modified figure. This is my opinion, and I personally wouldn't swap and return, but I'm not making a judgement either.

Personally, if the non-defective head is on the peg-holed figure, that's the one I would keep, since it allows for backpack use. Maybe he can commandeer the Air Trooper pack. ;D I'm actually a little jealous, but I'm not sure I would go hunting down another Snake Eyes just for the peg-hole.

gijoe071681
11-21-2007, 03:14 PM
keep them both find out which is newer and then contact hasbro yourself and tell them you have a defectice figure and would like it replaced black dragon here had an issue with a shipwreck hand and apparently they are replacing it. so they may be able to help you out