View Full Version : NFL 2007 - Week 12

Patrick A. Riley
11-22-2007, 06:53 AM
Football on Thanksgiving: an American tradition :)

A lot of double-digit and TD+ point spreads this week, so the games seem easy to pick. Who ya got?

Patrick A. Riley
11-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Upsets come early this week:

1 pick for the 49ers, Ravens, Eagles and Dolphins
2 each for the Lions, Bills, Panthers
3 for the Texans

XtremeWRATH360
11-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Upsets come early this week:

1 pick for the 49ers, Ravens, Eagles and Dolphins
2 each for the Lions, Bills, Panthers
3 for the Texans

Oh yes cause the Eagles have a HUGE chance at beating the Pats and a Dolphins pick over the Steelers? :confused:

Patrick A. Riley
11-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, the Raiders are my "upset" pick and I need them to win along with the Rams and Titans. I need all 3 in both of my pick'em pools in order to gain ground

Tim F.
11-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Oh yes cause the Eagles have a HUGE chance at beating the Pats and a Dolphins pick over the Steelers? :confused:

And that's exactly why the Pats won't go undefeated, over-confidence. Just like there was no way the Jets could beat the Steelers right???

GBPackRat
11-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm just glad the Packers barely lost to the Bears early in the season...

No one's talking "Can the Packers go undefeated"... Its nice to not have that pressure on us.

Sadly though people are realizing we are a good team... So now we've got that to deal with.

Oh well, Dallas game next week should be a good one. Or at least I hope it is.

Tanner

XtremeWRATH360
11-22-2007, 10:10 PM
And that's exactly why the Pats won't go undefeated, over-confidence. Just like there was no way the Jets could beat the Steelers right???

Im sorry, but the only team i see beating the Pats are the Steelers not the Eagles.

Tim F.
11-23-2007, 06:20 AM
Im sorry, but the only team i see beating the Pats are the Steelers not the Eagles.

Any team can win or lose in any given week, and nobody goes undefeated. Hopefully the Patriot's players aren't as extremely over confident as their fans. I just can't wait until they lose so we can stop talking about it. It gets old year after year talking about a possible undefeated team yet the story always ends the same.

XtremeWRATH360
11-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Any team can win or lose in any given week, and nobody goes undefeated. Hopefully the Patriot's players aren't as extremely over confident as their fans. I just can't wait until they lose so we can stop talking about it. It gets old year after year talking about a possible undefeated team yet the story always ends the same.

So according to you the Dolphins never went undefeated? :D

Seriously there's no reason they won't look at how they have played every game this season, just because you think it won't happen doesn't mean it won't happen they have a good chance at going the distance.

Tim F.
11-23-2007, 05:41 PM
So according to you the Dolphins never went undefeated? :D

Seriously there's no reason they won't look at how they have played every game this season, just because you think it won't happen doesn't mean it won't happen they have a good chance at going the distance.

Just like the 84 Niners, the 85 bears, 90 Giants or niners, 98 Broncos, 00 Rams, 04 Colts, etc... They all were "destined to go undefeated." Their schedules looked favorable and they were dominating the league. Yet the all managed to lose one or more just like the Pats will. The Dolphins were the exception to the rule that has been proven year after year. I just won't happen anymore due to the parity. There will be a bad weather game or some opponent with a spur up their kiesters.

You can't tell me it wouldn't be poetic justic for the Dolphins to upset them?? Do they play each other again? However, my money as always remains with the Steelers!!!!

Patrick A. Riley
11-23-2007, 06:01 PM
The line on the Pats/Eagles game is now 23½! :eek:
That's the second largest NFL point spread ever. The Steelers were favored by 24 over Tampa Bay in 1976

It could go even higher if McNabb is officially ruled out before Sunday

Patrick A. Riley
11-25-2007, 06:41 PM
What a comeback by the Bears! :eek:

Arizona always finds a way to lose to the 49ers :mad:

The Faceless Master
11-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Arizona always finds a way to lose to the 49ers :mad:
WOOOT!!! The Niner defense finally decided to become offensive

13.38 left in the 1st quarter, Brady hasn't even stepped on the field yet
and the Patriots are already up 7-0 :cool:

Patrick A. Riley
11-25-2007, 07:43 PM
WOOOT!!! The Niner defense finally decided to become offensive

Hopefully San Fran can keep it going against Carolina next week

13.38 left in the 1st quarter, Brady hasn't even stepped on the field yet
and the Patriots are already up 7-0 :cool:
A.J. lead the Eagles down the field and Westbrook punched it in, but Brady led the Pats right down the field, as usual
14-7 New England

Erick
11-25-2007, 08:21 PM
well, well, well...how about those Eagles? :p

Patrick A. Riley
11-25-2007, 08:54 PM
The Eagles are so frustrating. How dare they make this game interesting ;)

XtremeWRATH360
11-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Did i miss something about the Eagles i mean how are they doing what no team has done this season. o_O

The Eagles :confused:

Erick
11-25-2007, 09:33 PM
still, I don't think they'll be able to pull it off...

XtremeWRATH360
11-25-2007, 09:50 PM
9 min left and Eagles still winning, this could be it, i just had no idea the Eagles would be the ones to do it i mean this came out of nowhere.

XtremeWRATH360
11-25-2007, 10:06 PM
5 min left and the Pats defense has fallen asleep. This is no way to go out :(

Erick
11-26-2007, 12:06 AM
See? I knew it was too good to be true....;) :p

Patrick A. Riley
11-26-2007, 06:20 AM
I knew they wouldn't do it. Philly always disappoints, in every sport

XtremeWRATH360
11-26-2007, 03:09 PM
This isn't good if the Pats play like this next week and especially when they play the Steelers, they need to figure out what went wrong and change it if they want to maintain the record and make history this year.

The Faceless Master
11-26-2007, 03:25 PM
This isn't good if the Pats play like this next week and especially when they play the Steelers, they need to figure out what went wrong and change it if they want to maintain the record and make history this year.
Brady looked distracted & really off last night

Patrick A. Riley
11-26-2007, 03:28 PM
The Pats are gonna be angry next week and will pound the Ravens 77-0 ;)

Druss
11-26-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm not suprised about last nights game, when/if the Pats lose in their next 5 games it usually ends up being a team people don't expect where everything seems to go right. Last night it almost happened. I really don't see the Ravens, Jets or Dolphins being able to mount the offense to beat the Pats but the Steelers or Giants can beat them if they play a good game.

You can't tell me it wouldn't be poetic justic for the Dolphins to upset them?? Do they play each other again?

Pats play the Dolphins in Week 16, so the 15th game of the season. In theory if they are 14-0 at that point they would move past the previous dolphins team with the 15-0 start against the Dolphins. So possibly very poetic. Don't forget what Shula said about the Pats...they will play it up and will be up for the game.

Druss
11-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Almost forgot...I now have a 5 game lead in the pick'em with 5 games to go...whoooo!

Patrick A. Riley
11-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Almost forgot...I now have a 5 game lead in the pick'em with 5 games to go...whoooo!
I will not finish 2nd again.
:(

r07a23c
11-26-2007, 03:43 PM

I dunno, I think last night's game was a classic "trap" game. The Eagles haven't been very good this year with Donovan McNabb, so without him starting, you had to think they'd be even worse. Not to mention coming off of Thanksgiving, the team that's supposed to lose is going to be a lot more aggresive, a lot hungrier, while the team that's supposed to win might not be. If nothing else, it made real the message of humility that Belichick (of all people) has been trying to impress upon the team, and I would expect to see the Pats return to form next week.

Patrick A. Riley
11-26-2007, 10:17 PM
The Dolphins couldn't win in the slop at Pittsburgh

Steelers win 3-0!

Druss
11-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Ugly game! I loved the punt that nosedived and just stuck in the ground.

GI Joanne
11-27-2007, 08:49 AM
I dont think Pitt. stands a chance in H-E-Double Hockey Stix against NE.First my Jets pumle them, now they barley get buy the winless Dolphins-(who I believe threw that game to remain the #1 pick in the upcoming draft).Anywho NE looks too strong-Brady was off this week and still managed to put up big yards and he completed like 30 passes,I see 19-0 in the future of that NE team(who I really dont like)-but there is no doubt they are the best team.We should just end the season early and give them the ring,atleast theres always next year.