View Full Version : 80's Krull Comic at Wal-Mart today

YoJoeNCSU
12-01-2007, 06:26 PM
I was at a Walmart looking through the book/magazine section today looking for an activity book for my nephew, and found a 1983 Krull #2 comic from Marvel. Based on the totally awesome movie, if anyone remembers it.

It was in pretty close to mint condition. I thought at first it was some weird reprint, but opened it up and it was legit. My wife and I had a good time flipping through it and laughing at the old ads for Q-bert and Burger Time and Mr. T cartoons.

Really curious about how it got there....the store is a newer Super Walmart, so I know it didn't just hang out there for the last 20 years. It didn't have a bar code on it...just the Spidey face on the front bottom left corner. I just stuck it back behind the book I found it behind..maybe someone else would get a kick out of it.

I've heard of finding old action figures in stores (I found a 90's (?) era Star Trek TNG Data figure at Walmart a few months back laying on a end cap), but this was the oldest find.

Bigtattoo
12-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Bit off-topic, but I loved Krull.

I used to fancy the lead actress (Lysette Anthony) rotten- and I loved the weapon in the film- iirc The Glaive, or something like that.

Thing is, Ive not seen it for about 20 years, Ill bet it was actually awful.

samluvsjoes
12-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Every so often, Wal-Mart and TRU will get in those comic packs where you can get ten for 5 bucks or something like that, so it's possible they had some of those and that's where it came from. Otherwise, who knows?
Sam

Super Sport
12-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Wal Mart has finally done it, they've torn a hole in space and time...

I remember a news story about a brand new late 50s Corvette found hidden in the back of an old grocery store. It was in un-driven condition. This was back before the internets, and I've tried to find the story online with no luck, but I swear it happened. Anyone have access to nexus lexus?

whitedalek
12-02-2007, 04:59 AM
Krull! I remember watching that movie with my nephew when it came out in the theater. I watched it a few years ago and still enjoyed it. A bit dopey, but fun. Plus, the bad guys with their laser spears are darn cool!

r07a23c
12-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I've never found anything that old at WalMart, but I do occassionally find a 2000 series Matchbox car (on card) or something similar laying around the toy aisle. What's really odd is I once found a (still packaged) 2001 Matchbox vehicle at a WalMart built in 2005-2006. Don't know how that happened, but it rang up at the register all the same.