G.I.J.O.E. movie 2009 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : G.I.J.O.E. movie 2009

neapolitan joe
12-08-2007, 05:10 PM
I think it's time to talk about it!

Erick
12-08-2007, 05:39 PM
I voted for 'military'. Seriously, sci-fi should not even be an option after the failure of the original movie

puck3509
12-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Ok, you guys realize that this new GI JOE movie is bull**** right? Yes they are making one, but its not the GIJOE you and I know and love. they are making an acronym of the name...

A European-based military unit known as Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity (G.I.J.O.E.), a hi-tech, international force of special operatives takes on an evil organization led by a notorious arms dealer.

This is absolutey bull****. they are too political to allow it to be, GI Joe, the real american hero.

i hope you all realize this and boycott the film.

green firefly
12-11-2007, 10:30 AM
There has always been a science fiction element with GI Joe, even from the very beginning. But I chose military because I want the movie to be based on the 82-86 universe. I have no problem with GI Joe teaming up with other special forces from other countries to battle Cobra...but changing the acronym is ridiculous.

kawboy
12-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Definately military movie. Hi-tech weapons should be as close as they come to sci-fi. Of course spying is always an option, but not the main idea of the movie. How can you have a movie based on highly trained special ops and not be military? Has anyone heard if the G.I.J.O.E. acronym is dead or are the staying with it. Hasbro didn't address that rumor in their reply just that it won't be in Brussels. If it does stay definate boycott.

yojoe_king
12-13-2007, 09:06 PM
what do u guys think of andy serkis aka gollum to act as COBRA COMMANDER? he sounds like him and his built similar to CC also.

check out my collection at youtube,pls leave comments there! yo joe!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wnHlM-f9sDc

msv
12-14-2007, 11:34 AM
What about ninja movie ?

Tim F.
12-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Ok, you guys realize that this new GI JOE movie is bull**** right? Yes they are making one, but its not the GIJOE you and I know and love. they are making an acronym of the name...

A European-based military unit known as Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity (G.I.J.O.E.), a hi-tech, international force of special operatives takes on an evil organization led by a notorious arms dealer.

This is absolutey bull****. they are too political to allow it to be, GI Joe, the real american hero.

Good God, are you serious??? "A Eurpean-based Military Unit???? I'm all for a boycott! There is nothing european about GI Joe (except maybe Cobra). It was and will always be The Real AMERICAN Hero! Hopefully the fans speak out and there are changes made later like in Transformers.

samluvsjoes
12-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Good God, are you serious??? "A Eurpean-based Military Unit???? I'm all for a boycott! There is nothing european about GI Joe (except maybe Cobra). It was and will always be The Real AMERICAN Hero! Hopefully the fans speak out and there are changes made later like in Transformers.

Now now, Big Ben was European (and ironically probably won't even be in the movie).:rolleyes:
Sam

rook
12-15-2007, 01:11 PM
As for the acronym goes, I understand why it's there. We all know that there is a original Joe, and the joe team was put together later on after he was discharged, or whatever. Poeple, such as my lovely wife will never understand that concept, and a concept like that would never make sence in our world today. I was impressed to learn of the acronym. As for the Real American Heroe goes, well, I am ****ed. It has always been America who sought to relieve the world of injustices, even when the world disagreed. To make it a European team is ridiculous, and I hope it is a misunderstand in the public view. However, I think the Joe team should be adverse with soldiers from around the world, after all, Cobra is after the world and not just America.

neapolitan joe
12-16-2007, 03:31 PM
As for the acronym goes, I understand why it's there. We all know that there is a original Joe, and the joe team was put together later on after he was discharged, or whatever. Poeple, such as my lovely wife will never understand that concept, and a concept like that would never make sence in our world today. I was impressed to learn of the acronym. As for the Real American Heroe goes, well, I am ****ed. It has always been America who sought to relieve the world of injustices, even when the world disagreed. To make it a European team is ridiculous, and I hope it is a misunderstand in the public view. However, I think the Joe team should be adverse with soldiers from around the world, after all, Cobra is after the world and not just America.

G.I.J.O.E.'ll be a world team...

metalmarce
12-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Actually i suggest something like you say, that is the reason why i started a new threat of "Gi Joe the movie, a real one" because i believe that this is just a comercial and `political problem that the producers want to make it global and not american but guess what, i am from south america and i want a movie based on the original Gi Joe a real amercian hero, the people who like this series already knows this, if you want to make more money..... make another movie.

Erick
12-17-2007, 09:38 AM
but guess what, i am from south america and i want a movie based on the original Gi Joe a real amercian hero, the people who like this series already knows this, if you want to make more money..... make another movie.

Well, I am from central america and I want to see the REAL AMERICAN HERO too. In fact, I haven't seen anyone here supporting an european-based Joe movie.

I wonder what the european members have to say...

kawboy
12-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Well, I am from central america and I want to see the REAL AMERICAN HERO too. In fact, I haven't seen anyone here supporting an european-based Joe movie.

I wonder what the european members have to say...

I was at a superhero comic site that was talking about this movie and this guy from Europe thought we hated Europeans and went all anitAmerican because we were upset that GI Joe wasn't going to be in America. He didn't get the point. We're not ticked about it being in Europe we're ticked that it's not in America. Unless the "Pit" is going to be in America, but Hasbro really didn't confirm that. I've said it before, if they want to make an international combat squad movie do Rainbow Six. It would be cool. But leave the Real American Hero story alone.

Erick
12-17-2007, 12:35 PM
What about ninja movie ?

I hope you're joking :p

Unless the "Pit" is going to be in America, but Hasbro really didn't confirm that. I've said it before, if they want to make an international combat squad movie do Rainbow Six. It would be cool. But leave the Real American Hero story alone.

Even if the 'Pit' is set in America, still sounds like a crime to me....

alexeyes
01-13-2008, 10:44 AM
I Voted for Military movie !!! :D

Barbecue
02-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Military movie all the way! No Sci-Fi or Spy cr@p.:)

It's a fact known by all the Yojoe members that G.I.Joe is an international elite soldier force composed mostly of U.S.A. soldiers that battles the international terrorist group Cobra. I can't see the problem with making it like that again.:confused:

Tracker
02-01-2008, 05:33 PM
I voted military movie. If it is made in to a Sci-Fi military movie they might as well just remake that movie called Mega Force

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084316/

Patrick A. Riley
02-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Military is the only way it can be if they want it to be successful. There are so many elements involved that if it isn't a military-based theme, there would be no point in making it

SolidSnakeEyes
02-01-2008, 07:55 PM
I don't see what the problem is with G.I. Joe being global. It makes waaayyy more sense, realistically. I've always thought that, anyway.
G.I. Joe was created in the 80s, in the heat of the Cold War. America being the hero was the point then, and was needed socially and politically. Today, we live in a totally different atmosphere.
I dunno. That's just me. With all of that aside, we have to accept some changes sometimes. G.I. Joe not being soley American doesn't really change anything, other than the name, being that America is now allied with many European nations. They have helped us fight terrorism. Seems to make sense that in the current world temp, a globally integrated task force would be much more accepted and useful. COBRA has always been international; so, wouldn't there need to be an international task force to better fight an enemy who can basically be anywhere in the world? I mean, look how well forcing the Marines down the world's throat has gone over. Foreign policy is gonna play a big role. Anyway...
Just chill, guys. It's not that bad, really.