2008 Wave 1 review [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 2008 Wave 1 review

Average Joe
12-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Overall, this is probably my favorite wave so far.:cool:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t195/devildave777/Picture007.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t195/devildave777/Picture008.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t195/devildave777/Picture006.jpg

Blade Destro - This is a very sweet figure. He's probably got the least articulation of any of the 25th line, due to his size, his sword sheath, and to the large shoulder armor that inhibits his movement. But what he lacks in articulation, he more than makes up for in sheer awesomeness. A real cloth cape that drapes over his shoulder, and a sheath with removable sword. Lots of detail went into this figure. Something new to this wave is the new strap that folds over the gun holster, very cool. Two thumbs up for this figure. One minor gripe though is that it would have been a nice touch if his base had the IG logo on it, but instead it has the usual Cobra logo even though Destro was no longer affiliated with Cobra at this point.

Flash - meh. I know alot of you guys like Flash, but I've just never been a fan of the red pads that he and Grand Slam sport. The original Flash is my least favorite of the entire 82/83 run, and Flash is my least favorite of this wave. A problem I had with this guy is the end of his laser gun doesn't fit into the holes on his backpack. I'll probably have to shave a little off the tip of the laser so that it will go into the hole. The gun and the backpack though are really nice updates to the original. And for all you Flint fans, Flash has brown gloves that can be removed at the wrist, same place Flint's hands get removed. So now your Flint can have his precious gloves that so many of you have been whining about. LOL

Crimson Guards - What can I say, I bought ten of them early this morning. LOL. This guy is pretty cool. A very nice homage to the original siegie. I was even lucky enough to get the super rare hollow backpack!!!!!! :cool: The seperated lapels and shoulder rope are a nice touch. One thing I don't like about this figure is that his pistol is very awkward in his strange leg holster. The bayonet rifle is a nice touch in that the actual bayonet is painted silver. And I can't get over how much these masks make it look like baboon faces are under there.

Snow Job - whoah baby....where do I begin!!! This figure is SWEET!!! Other than the version 1 Snake Eyes, I think this is the best mold yet. Every last detail is perfect in my opinion. He looks really cool with his hood and goggles, he looks just as cool with neither, and he looks wicked cool with just the goggles on and no hood. So many possibilities with this guy. And he has the new cool gun holster flap. The one problem I have with this guy is that his pant legs inhibit his ankles from bending correctly. Without being able to bend his ankles with the toes pointing up, it's difficult to get a nice skiing pose. You'd think he'd be leaning forward while skiing, but without his ankles bending correctly, it's pretty difficult to get a good downhill skiing pose. I also almost got high from the fumes this guy puts off. I dont know if they have to spray paint this figure in China, but he sure put off some strong fumes when I opened him up. None of the other Joes have done this.

Snake-Eyes (v30....sigh) - Same as the 5 pack Snake Eyes except he and all his accessories are all black. What can I say....great mold, great character, perfect GI Joe figure in my opinion. I tried to pose him to match his card art, and surprisingly I came pretty close to accomplshing that. :D

Feel free to critique my review or to post a review of your own.

Erick
12-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Right on!

Excellent review, my only disagreement is with Flash, I think he's a great figure and one of the top 3 joes so far.:)

Jbluez
12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Overall, this is probably my favorite wave so far.:cool:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t195/devildave777/Picture007.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t195/devildave777/Picture008.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t195/devildave777/Picture006.jpg

Blade Destro - This is a very sweet figure. He's probably got the least articulation of any of the 25th line, due to his size, his sword sheath, and to the large shoulder armor that inhibits his movement. But what he lacks in articulation, he more than makes up for in sheer awesomeness. A real cloth cape that drapes over his shoulder, and a sheath with removable sword. Lots of detail went into this figure. Something new to this wave is the new strap that folds over the gun holster, very cool. Two thumbs up for this figure. One minor gripe though is that it would have been a nice touch if his base had the IG logo on it, but instead it has the usual Cobra logo even though Destro was no longer affiliated with Cobra at this point.

Flash - meh. I know alot of you guys like Flash, but I've just never been a fan of the red pads that he and Grand Slam sport. The original Flash is my least favorite of the entire 82/83 run, and Flash is my least favorite of this wave. A problem I had with this guy is the end of his laser gun doesn't fit into the holes on his backpack. I'll probably have to shave a little off the tip of the laser so that it will go into the hole. The gun and the backpack though are really nice updates to the original. And for all you Flint fans, Flash has brown gloves that can be removed at the wrist, same place Flint's hands get removed. So now your Flint can have his precious gloves that so many of you have been whining about. LOL

Crimson Guards - What can I say, I bought ten of them early this morning. LOL. This guy is pretty cool. A very nice homage to the original siegie. I was even lucky enough to get the super rare hollow backpack!!!!!! :cool: The seperated lapels and shoulder rope are a nice touch. One thing I don't like about this figure is that his pistol is very awkward in his strange leg holster. The bayonet rifle is a nice touch in that the actual bayonet is painted silver. And I can't get over how much these masks make it look like baboon faces are under there.

Snow Job - whoah baby....where do I begin!!! This figure is SWEET!!! Other than the version 1 Snake Eyes, I think this is the best mold yet. Every last detail is perfect in my opinion. He looks really cool with his hood and goggles, he looks just as cool with neither, and he looks wicked cool with just the goggles on and no hood. So many possibilities with this guy. And he has the new cool gun holster flap. The one problem I have with this guy is that his pant legs inhibit his ankles from bending correctly. Without being able to bend his ankles with the toes pointing up, it's difficult to get a nice skiing pose. You'd think he'd be leaning forward while skiing, but without his ankles bending correctly, it's pretty difficult to get a good downhill skiing pose. I also almost got high from the fumes this guy puts off. I dont know if they have to spray paint this figure in China, but he sure put off some strong fumes when I opened him up. None of the other Joes have done this.

Snake-Eyes (v30....sigh) - Same as the 5 pack Snake Eyes except he and all his accessories are all black. What can I say....great mold, great character, perfect GI Joe figure in my opinion. I tried to pose him to match his card art, and surprisingly I came pretty close to accomplshing that. :D

Feel free to critique my review or to post a review of your own.

So, the helmet doesn't come off that crimson guard, just the 2 pack one?

Average Joe
12-10-2007, 09:50 PM
So, the helmet doesn't come off that crimson guard, just the 2 pack one?

that's correct