View Full Version : NFL 2007 - Week 15

Patrick A. Riley
12-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Same old questions: Will the Patriots lose and can the Dolphins win?

The playoff picture is starting to come into focus

Any upsets this week?

XtremeWRATH360
12-12-2007, 06:54 PM
If Pats lose i will eat my hat!

Patrick A. Riley
12-12-2007, 07:22 PM
If Pats lose i will eat my hat!
Well, what is it made of and how big is it? :D ;)

XtremeWRATH360
12-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Well, what is it made of and how big is it? :D ;)

Its a Sombrero.:D

Patrick A. Riley
12-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Well, I was pretty sure I wouldn't get a chance to catch up a lot in pick'em and I was right, as there are many "true" upset picks this week

Upsets picks:
1 each for the Chiefs, Panthers, Dolphins, Cardinals & Bears
2 for the Eagles & Redskins
3 for the Bills

Also, I should have been doing this all season, but here are the teams that everyone picked: the Bengals, Bucs, Packers, Patriots & Colts

ttfndude
12-13-2007, 11:13 PM
The Pats will be looking for blood I would imagine. Those poor Dolphins are going to be playing an angry Baltimore team with the beating back to back by the Pats than the Colts so I say no they won't win. I think the Pats game will be interesting and fun. But than again I am a Pats fan:D . Hopefully I will get to see it before the NFL channel replay

ttfndude

Patrick A. Riley
12-14-2007, 12:33 PM
I just noticed that the top 5 of us in the Joe Fan pick'em, picked all of the games the same this week, except for the Texans-Broncos (3 picked Houston and 2 picked Denver).

At least I've picked up one game on the leader (Druss)

Patrick A. Riley
12-16-2007, 03:09 PM
All of the Ravens are criminals for losing to the Dolphins. Put them in prison with Michael Vick

XtremeWRATH360
12-16-2007, 03:10 PM
The Ravens are criminals for losing to the Dolphins. Put them all into prison with Michael Vick

Ravens ruined the epic 14-0 against the 0-14 matchup.:mad:

GBPackRat
12-16-2007, 03:12 PM
This just proves anyone can win any week...

The Ravens would have beat the Pats except for an ill timed time out call at the end of that game...

Then the Ravens lose today in OT against Miami.

Pat's watch out... This just might have been the coming out party for Miami.

Next week should be interesting.

Tanner

Patrick A. Riley
12-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Ravens ruined the epic 14-0 against the 0-14 matchup.:mad:
Just like Vick ruined my chance at going 16-0 in pick'em a few years ago (I do hold grudges) :p

ttfndude
12-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey, well my Pats won but so did the Dolphins?? Man the Ravens have really been making bad mistakes, makes you wonder what the offseason will hold this year or if they will just chalk it up to bad luck and keep building. Next week with the Dolphins will be interesting will they go in cocky and make mistakes or go in too cautious???
Either way it gets a little disheartening to keep hearing how horrible the Pats play. Like one of the announcer guys said yeah they played half way and not so well BUT THEY STILL WON. Says something about the other teams too I believe

ttfndude

Patrick A. Riley
12-16-2007, 06:14 PM
The Eagles just frustrate me. The 2nd time I don't pick them (other than vs. the Pats) and they beat Dallas :eek:

I could have realy made up a lot of ground this week in pick'em. :mad:
I had a feeling about the 49ers & Panthers and really only struggled with the Steelers/Jags pick

Erick
12-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Well at least the Patriots are not running up the scores anymore :p ;)

Tim F.
12-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Well at least the Patriots are not running up the scores anymore :p ;)

Because they can't anymore. First off all there aren't anymore close your eyes and chuck it to Moss who miraculously comes down with it in between 3 defenders and still manages to stay on his feet. I think they have been figured out and the weather finally turned. I bet they get upset in the playoffs if they have to play in this type of weather. They can't run the ball very well and have a suspect defense. If I'm the pats, I hope I don't see the Jags. That team is taylor made to beat the pats in a bad weather game.

GBPackRat
12-16-2007, 10:53 PM
That team is taylor made to beat the pats in a bad weather game.

Nice...

I too have not been impressed with the Pat's as of late. Neither have I been impressed with the Giants, Colts or Dallas... All are starting to look battle warn.

The Packers, Jag's and Chargers are starting to look like the more "complete" teams out there right now.

The NFC 1 spot should be interesting. After the Dallas loss today, the door is starting to open again...

Tanner

starrcommand
12-16-2007, 11:10 PM
You know what frustrates me is the thursday games. Why you might ask? Well:

1) I forgot to pick one week, b/c of the stupid thursday game, and drop from top 5 to 20 something.
2) The games are always on nflnetwork, which I dont get.
3) because of the upsets.

Man I hate the NFL right now. Not only cant the Ravens beat the sorriest team in the NFL stupid Billick cant see the talent in Troy Smith. I mean come on he was a freaking Heisman trophy winner for crying out loud. Who cares if he isnt as tall as you would like, look at his freaking raw talent.

Tim F.
12-17-2007, 06:38 AM
You know what frustrates me is the thursday games. Why you might ask? Well:

1) I forgot to pick one week, b/c of the stupid thursday game, and drop from top 5 to 20 something.
2) The games are always on nflnetwork, which I dont get.
3) because of the upsets.

Man I hate the NFL right now. Not only cant the Ravens beat the sorriest team in the NFL stupid Billick cant see the talent in Troy Smith. I mean come on he was a freaking Heisman trophy winner for crying out loud. Who cares if he isnt as tall as you would like, look at his freaking raw talent.

So was Danny Waurfel (sp) and Chris Wienke. If anything the Heisman has not been and indicator of NFL talent. However, If I'm the Ravens I'm happy that I found my future QB, but sad that I got beat by a team with so many injuries they were practically fielding a practice squad. Was their QB actually named "Cleo Lemon?" Ouch

r07a23c
12-17-2007, 09:47 AM
This was the first week of playoffs in my fantasy league, and as the No. #2 team in the league, I faced the #7 team (8 team playoff in our league). And, thanks to Tom Brady, I am out in the first round of the playoffs. Disappointing, to say the least, as I had a season record of 9-3 and my opponent had a season record of 4-8. The cruelest fact of the whole thing is that had I played my bench QB, Kurt Warner, I would have won easily. On the upside, I'm having Dish TV installed today, so at least I'll be able to catch all the NFL Network games, and Monday Night Football tonight on ESPN.:D
And way to go Panthers! It was an ugly, boring win, but a win none-the-less. Maybe they can now aspire to end the season mediocre, rather than just pathetic. lol

Patrick A. Riley
12-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Some Fantasy owners must be upset, since the big names: Brady, Romo, Moss and T.O. didn't have great games

Anyone who had Westbrook must be steamed that he didn't go in for the TD at the end of the Eagles/Cowboys game

GBPackRat
12-17-2007, 04:46 PM
So was Danny Waurfel (sp) and Chris Wienke. If anything the Heisman has not been and indicator of NFL talent.

Ironically, Woodson of all people seem to have panned out. I don't remember how good he was prior to coming to the Packers, but I've been very happy with his play since coming on board. He's been a great corner for us.

Tanner

Tim F.
12-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Ironically, Woodson of all people seem to have panned out. I don't remember how good he was prior to coming to the Packers, but I've been very happy with his play since coming on board. He's been a great corner for us.

Tanner

Very true about woodson, but I meant the Hesiman not being a great talent indicator for a QB.

starrcommand
12-17-2007, 07:56 PM
So was Danny Waurfel (sp) and Chris Wienke. If anything the Heisman has not been and indicator of NFL talent. However, If I'm the Ravens I'm happy that I found my future QB, but sad that I got beat by a team with so many injuries they were practically fielding a practice squad. Was their QB actually named "Cleo Lemon?" Ouch

Just because they didnt pan out in the NFL didnt mean they werent talented football players. On another team those guys could have been amazing. Not many QB's are just pure raw talent like Marino or Unitas. Many QB's are only as good as the players around them. Even the best QB without an O-line, running game, decent receivers, a coach that can call good plays, or even a defense are no good in the NFL. I mean look at Trent Dilfer. He was never a great QB. But when he came to Baltimore he won a suberbowl. He was good enough not to throw an interception and move the ball. Then look at Brady. Until this year he never looked amazing just ok. But look at his receiving corps now. Now he has receivers and he looks unbelievable. Brady is looking like the best ever this year. But is he the best? I dont think so.

Me being a Ravens fan I am really really upset that my head coach cant realize we have the future QB. Instead with have a "special" coach who cant spell anything other than Boller. If I didnt know any better I would think that maybe Billick has a little something "special" for Boller, maybe a little too special. I was trying to count 1 day and I think we have had something like 16 QB's start for us since Billick took over as head coach. I soooo want a new head coach right now.

Tim F.
12-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Just because they didnt pan out in the NFL didnt mean they werent talented football players.

Uh, yes it does. They were talented in college because of a system or the surrounded talent and easy schedule. If they can't make it in the pros then they were a bust plain and simple. BTW, Wienke and Waurfel tried several teams and never got any better.

That being said, I think Smith looks real promising. Granted I only saw him play from the redzone channel, but he looked decisive, athletic, and accurate. I have no idea how he was the rest of the game. I hope he pans out for you.

. I mean look at Trent Dilfer. He was never a great QB. But when he came to Baltimore he won a suberbowl. He was good enough not to throw an interception and move the ball. Then look at Brady. Until this year he never looked amazing just ok. But look at his receiving corps now. Now he has receivers and he looks unbelievable. Brady is looking like the best ever this year. But is he the best? I dont think so.

Trent was a good game manager, your'e right about that one. But he also has a good arm and could read defenses. The lack of the latter is why most QB's fail.

I do have to differ with you on Brady. He has always looked amazing (ouch that actually hurt my fingers as I typed). He just never had the speed he has now. If he goes perfect and wins 1 or 2 more, he may go down as the greatest ever. IMO, though, that will always belong to Johnny U hands down.

Me being a Ravens fan I am really really upset that my head coach cant realize we have the future QB. Instead with have a "special" coach who cant spell anything other than Boller. If I didnt know any better I would think that maybe Billick has a little something "special" for Boller, maybe a little too special. I was trying to count 1 day and I think we have had something like 16 QB's start for us since Billick took over as head coach. I soooo want a new head coach right now.

I hope you get your wish, I never could stand Billick. Offensive genius my left foot.

GBPackRat
12-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Very true about woodson, but I meant the Hesiman not being a great talent indicator for a QB.

Ahhh, then yes, I'd agree with you. The Hesiman has been the kiss of death for QB's going pro.

Actually the more I think of it... As of late, its been the kiss of death for RB's as well.

Tanner