8 inch/Sigma 6 is officially gone. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 8 inch/Sigma 6 is officially gone.

green firefly
01-05-2008, 05:55 PM
My nearest Target did their post Christmas reset and there are predictably no 8 inch figures. I guess its officially over. There were a bunch of older 25th figures and a lot of comic 2-packs.

Syna3sthesia
01-05-2008, 09:38 PM
I noticed that too. Including the TRU which had plenty of them before are no longer getting anymore figs. The only things left are some Dragonhawks and ROCS.

Erick
01-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Nooo! Bad news indeed, but I'd wait before I say that's 'officially' over. Isn't Hasbro supposed to announce something like that? :confused:

DaSmokeEater
01-06-2008, 08:17 AM
A long time ago. You never close the door completely, just in case it can be opened in the future, but it's as closed as a toy line can be.

green firefly
01-06-2008, 12:51 PM
I guess there is a small chance that the line would be revived in some form, but I'd say its unlikely at this point. Maybe there will be some Toys R' Us exclusives, online exclusives, club figures...but I doubt it. The good thing is that now I know exactly what I need to get and don't have to worry about new figures coming out. I want one unopened example of each figure from this line. I don't need every variation, but I would like most of them. I still need about 25 more figures.

goodguyswearblack9
01-08-2008, 08:51 PM
I think that Sigma 6 was always meant to be a limited run and not an ongoing GI Joe line; I will be sorry to see it go though.

phillinley
01-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Well now that they are officially done, I can get started on collecting them :P

They were pretty darn good figures, but I had to stay strong with my boycott until they brought the 3 3/4" back.

green firefly
01-09-2008, 07:42 AM

They were pretty darn good figures, but I had to stay strong with my boycott until they brought the 3 3/4" back.

So you are responsible for their demise! :)

Luckily for you, prices have really come down lately...way down. Only problem is that it is getting more and more rare to see them on Ebay. You'll have no luck at Walmart or Target either. Check stores like Kmart, Boscovs, grocery stores etc... You can still buy some of them online too. Certain figures are going to be very difficult to locate.

Jay West
01-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Nooo! Bad news indeed, but I'd wait before I say that's 'officially' over. Isn't Hasbro supposed to announce something like that? :confused:

They did at the last GI Joe Convention. The Lt. Torpedo , Dark Ninja Master and Toxic Zartan waves were the last ones.

Skybuzz
01-10-2008, 11:39 PM

Hey Guys,

I held out for a loooong time, but there was something about the GRAND SLAM figure. These are so cool! Also, I have a question for anyone who can possiby answer it for me. There is this open-air battery pack hooked up to a small light in the package. There's no mention on the box or the instructions it's purpose. Does anyone know what it's for, or maybe figured out what useful thing to do with it?

SkyBuzz

green firefly
01-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Hey Guys,

I held out for a loooong time, but there was something about the GRAND SLAM figure. These are so cool! Also, I have a question for anyone who can possiby answer it for me. There is this open-air battery pack hooked up to a small light in the package. There's no mention on the box or the instructions it's purpose. Does anyone know what it's for, or maybe figured out what useful thing to do with it?

SkyBuzz

There is no intended purpose after purchase for the small, red, blinking lights. They were simply for advertising - to attract people to the item in stores. I saved all of mine. I haven't found any good uses for them yet, but I probably will some day.

MacGyver
01-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Well, I'm not giving up hope. I think the last "official" word on it was "haitus" but who knows what that really means. I'm hoping they make a come back around movie time, because they were one of the coolest things ever to happen to GI Joe toys, and Hasbro would be really dumb to not see the potential. I mean, look at the action figure market...EVERYTHING (well practically) is in some scale between 4 and 12 inches and I was a little surprised that they bailed on it. I had hoped they were gonna take off on the AT theme...I mean why introduce a new concept only to soon axe the line with no future plans? Anyway...I'm hopeful.

Yeah, Skybuzz...just an attention getter. I've saved a couple, and kiddo and I keep finding ways to use them when we play. ;)

Jay West
01-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Well, I'm not giving up hope. I think the last "official" word on it was "haitus" but who knows what that really means. I'm hoping they make a come back around movie time, because they were one of the coolest things ever to happen to GI Joe toys, and Hasbro would be really dumb to not see the potential. I mean, look at the action figure market...EVERYTHING (well practically) is in some scale between 4 and 12 inches and I was a little surprised that they bailed on it. I had hoped they were gonna take off on the AT theme...I mean why introduce a new concept only to soon axe the line with no future plans? Anyway...I'm hopeful.

Yeah, Skybuzz...just an attention getter. I've saved a couple, and kiddo and I keep finding ways to use them when we play. ;)

I really think they will be back at some point. They are/were great figures. Most every line has multiple scales. So there is no reason why there shouldn't be 3.75 inch Joes and 8 in Joes. If Hasbro does support both scales hopefully some of the 3.75 collectors that saw the initial Sigma Scale as killing their hobby will sample them if the 2 lines co-exist.

Skybuzz
01-12-2008, 07:08 PM
I really think they will be back at some point. They are/were great figures. Most every line has multiple scales. So there is no reason why there shouldn't be 3.75 inch Joes and 8 in Joes. If Hasbro does support both scales hopefully some of the 3.75 collectors that saw the initial Sigma Scale as killing their hobby will sample them if the 2 lines co-exist.

Well,

I am OFFICIALLY hooked. I went back to Ross's and picked up the Snake Eyes ATV. They also had a big Walker thing w/arms and a Cannon attached for the Snake Eyes, but that just said "GI JOE". It looked ok, but the ATV was sooo much cooler. It had all kinds of weapons and stuff.

I WAS a 3 3/4 type guy, but man, these 8 inch Joes are AWESOME! They come in piece meal, but are a pretty good deal. And this Snake Eyes looks so 80s. I think maybe they should bring back the line. All of us "newbies" are getting hooked on the "discount" stuff, and are ready for oh, Baroness or a Scarlet or a possible Aircraft (small) or a light tank?

Newly Hooked,

SkyBuzz