shipping help [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : shipping help

bluebikerboy1
01-14-2008, 12:49 PM
so i got a decent size order (70 freaken dollars) that went in the mail january 2nd priority. heres the tracking info
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=9101785091401398 625735

i left it on the porch for the mailman and i know he took it cause it was gone when i got home. recipitent has not gotten it. im probobly going to have to eat this and refund it but i was wondering if this has happened to any of you and what can be done to figure were it went?

jason
aka blue

John Missal
01-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Things don't always get scanned when submitted this way. It could be still in transit or it could be that someone else picked it up from your door step. I had hte same problem with an International Package and I'm out $70 myself, because it was not the buyer's fault. (which reminds me, I need to see if there's anything I can get him to cover it).

John M>

karamazov80
01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
so i got a decent size order (70 freaken dollars) that went in the mail january 2nd priority. heres the tracking info
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=9101785091401398 625735

i left it on the porch for the mailman and i know he took it cause it was gone when i got home. recipitent has not gotten it. im probobly going to have to eat this and refund it but i was wondering if this has happened to any of you and what can be done to figure were it went?

jason
aka blue
Usually, tracking info will pop up within 5 days or so, so it could be that someone other than the postman picked up your package. However, you might ask your postal carrier if he remembers picking it up, and/or checking the local P.O. to see if it is there somewhere. Since you don't have any tracking info. available, and didn't get a receipt from sending it at your post office, I don't know if you will have any other kind of recourse, unfortunately.

Patrick A. Riley
01-14-2008, 01:55 PM
This is the reason I never use the free, online "print-it-yourself" DC. That "tracking info" only verifies that you (the seller) printed a label. It never gets scanned into the system until it's delivered. And even then, it's sometimes hard.

I've seen my mailman have to make multiple attempts many times just to get a DC label to register with the scanner. And every time it has been someone's self-printed label, either with smudged ink or rippled tape which distorts the bar code. He's a good mailman, but I have no doubt most will make just one swipe and deliver the package without verifying the scan was properly done

If you printed the label with PayPal shipping, I think you have your proof of which DC # belongs to which order